Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe available 18:01 - Jan 12 with 1484 viewshunty21

Short term solution if Bonne recalled and unable to find long term target?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:01]
Defoe available on 18:09 - Jan 12 with 1425 viewsChurchman

39 years old. Retired five years ago surely? No thanks.

Has beens and pension top up merchants are the last thing we want. Let’s move on from that dismal policy
Defoe available on 18:19 - Jan 12 with 1372 viewssolemio

He's a great person, but his footballing days are surely over.
Defoe available on 18:24 - Jan 12 with 1342 viewsCokeIsKey

Def info?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Defoe available on 18:25 - Jan 12 with 1332 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Defoe available on 18:09 - Jan 12 by Churchman

39 years old. Retired five years ago surely? No thanks.

Has beens and pension top up merchants are the last thing we want. Let’s move on from that dismal policy

Indeed. Exactly the sort of signing we would have made under the last regime. Played just twice this season. He would be terrible value for money. I wish him well in whatever he goes on to do now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Defoe available on 18:57 - Jan 12 with 1208 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Defoe available on 18:25 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. Exactly the sort of signing we would have made under the last regime. Played just twice this season. He would be terrible value for money. I wish him well in whatever he goes on to do now.

Was he not under consideration by this regime at the start of this season?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Defoe available on 18:59 - Jan 12 with 1187 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Defoe available on 18:57 - Jan 12 by BlueandTruesince82

Was he not under consideration by this regime at the start of this season?

You tell me. I would be rather surprised. Why has he only played twice so far this season?

Defoe available on 19:03 - Jan 12 with 1160 viewsSwailsey

We had talks with him before early in Cook’s reign. Not much to it at the time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 19:59]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Defoe available on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 1102 viewsNthQldITFC

No thanks.

Interestingly there's a post of similar length on the Oink Un forum (I know, but I sometimes feel the urge to have a dirty look), and they are actually keen on Defoe.

I think this illustrates the different trajectories of the two clubs quite nicely - of course I reserve the right to eat humble pie.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Defoe available on 19:39 - Jan 12 with 1018 viewsMerseyBlue

Don't see him as that type of option but think he has more to offer than some seem to think.

He's 39, but he's still a natural finisher - potential for a 6 month contract with a view to him joining the coaching set up. Give him 15-20 minutes every so often and I'm sure he'd nick us a few important goals before the end of the season.

Defoe's first stint at Spurs coincided with McKenna being at the club aged 18-22. No idea if they have any kind of relationship.

Depending on the wages he would be asking for, his experience could be invaluable (particularly if signed as a player-coach) for our forwards. If anyone could make Norwood a more consistent finisher and Bonne more consistently onside, surely Jermaine Defoe could?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 19:39]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Defoe available on 19:42 - Jan 12 with 993 viewsChurchman

Defoe available on 19:39 - Jan 12 by MerseyBlue

Don't see him as that type of option but think he has more to offer than some seem to think.

He's 39, but he's still a natural finisher - potential for a 6 month contract with a view to him joining the coaching set up. Give him 15-20 minutes every so often and I'm sure he'd nick us a few important goals before the end of the season.

Defoe's first stint at Spurs coincided with McKenna being at the club aged 18-22. No idea if they have any kind of relationship.

Depending on the wages he would be asking for, his experience could be invaluable (particularly if signed as a player-coach) for our forwards. If anyone could make Norwood a more consistent finisher and Bonne more consistently onside, surely Jermaine Defoe could?

Why not wheel in Ray Crawford? Good for 15, 20 mins, natural goal scorer to a level Defoe can only dream of, loves the club.
Defoe available on 19:43 - Jan 12 with 986 viewsfooters

Defoe available on 19:39 - Jan 12 by MerseyBlue

Welcome back, Mersey! Wondered where you'd got to.

Good to have you around again. (If you're planning on staying, that is)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Defoe available on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 962 viewsMerseyBlue

Defoe available on 19:42 - Jan 12 by Churchman

Why not wheel in Ray Crawford? Good for 15, 20 mins, natural goal scorer to a level Defoe can only dream of, loves the club.

*sigh* what an excellent point...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Defoe available on 19:50 - Jan 12 with 914 viewsMerseyBlue

Defoe available on 19:43 - Jan 12 by footers

Welcome back, Mersey! Wondered where you'd got to.

Good to have you around again. (If you're planning on staying, that is)

Appreciate the warm welcome, thank you!

I'm keeping my options open at the moment, the McKenna bounce has certainly made the forum a bit more palatable!

Defoe available on 20:01 - Jan 12 with 829 viewsfooters

Defoe available on 19:50 - Jan 12 by MerseyBlue

Appreciate the warm welcome, thank you!

I'm keeping my options open at the moment, the McKenna bounce has certainly made the forum a bit more palatable!

There's always the News Comments if you feel this bit is a little mentally taxing...

Or Twitter if that fails.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Defoe available on 20:06 - Jan 12 with 806 viewsMerseyBlue

Defoe available on 20:01 - Jan 12 by footers

There's always the News Comments if you feel this bit is a little mentally taxing...

Or Twitter if that fails.

It's been a long while since I've travelled to those darkest of reaches and I'm in no hurry to go back!

In fairness, things have been a bit less mental whenever I've had a little lurk on here lately. Most people seem to feel the same kind of optimism I feel about McKenna and it has been a joy to watch us for the last two games. Long may it continue!

Defoe available on 22:12 - Jan 12 with 662 viewsWakh

I think he would be an amazing signing. I didn't even realise we had a 'Walking football' team.
Defoe available on 22:16 - Jan 12 with 644 viewsghostofescobar

Willem?

GhostOfEscobar

Defoe available on 22:17 - Jan 12 with 628 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Defoe available on 22:16 - Jan 12 by ghostofescobar

Willem?

Daniel.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024