Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does 22:32 - Jan 12 with 896 viewsMullet

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/12/rory-kinnear-no-10-lockdow

The fact there are an unknown amount of stories like these out there makes it all the worse. Every rule breaker in the government should receive the maximum fine, scrutiny and barring from jobs where applicable.

I’d also like to see them slapped with community orders so they can give a bit back.

I’d never work again in my profession if I broke the law, and that’s the same as most of us I’d wager.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:36 - Jan 12 with 843 viewsfactual_blue

Before they do the community service, they have to listen to the other 149,999 stories like Rory's. Told to them by the grieving relatives, face-to-face. And if a proportion of those 149,999 want to give them a cheeky slap, nobody stops them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:43 - Jan 12 with 813 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If only the electorate cared.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 801 viewsBlueBadger

I believe it was the same day that my neighbour was found dead at home by the police as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:49 - Jan 12 with 788 viewsnoggin

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:43 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Exactly this.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:52 - Jan 12 with 789 viewsistanblue

That rule should never have been implemented in the first. To deny people the dignity to bury or say goodbye to their dying loved one is completely inhumane.
It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 00:00 - Jan 13 with 688 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:52 - Jan 12 by istanblue

That rule should never have been implemented in the first. To deny people the dignity to bury or say goodbye to their dying loved one is completely inhumane.

And yet it was, along with a raft of other rules and laws and the vast majority of the country abided by those, often meticulously, whilst the very people who introduced those rules and laws, who reminded us several times a day how important it was to follow those rules and obey those laws, flagrantly disregarded them, several times.

The time to get angry about what was implemented has long since gone; it is well after time that such anger was directed at those who failed to follow the law and in particular any legislator who falls into that group.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 00:49 - Jan 13 with 632 viewsgroovyASH

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:36 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

Before they do the community service, they have to listen to the other 149,999 stories like Rory's. Told to them by the grieving relatives, face-to-face. And if a proportion of those 149,999 want to give them a cheeky slap, nobody stops them.

If only it easc149,000 other stories but those circumstances go beyond those poor souls and family members who died to the disease. My grandmother died a non-COVID lonely death in a hospice without family beside her because we obeyed the f**King rules.

I cannot grieve for her because the pandemic is going on and her death and the pandemic are intrinsically linked, and the circumstances were bloody traumatic. But we stuck to the rules.

And like Mullet, as a social worker if I in any way attended an alcohol fuelled party in my public service role, I'd be sacked and lose my registration.

How an alcohol gathering in a garden can in any way be used as an excuse for work circumstances from public servants is beyond me.

Nobody is sorry, they are just sorry they've been caught.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 06:49 - Jan 13 with 478 viewssolomon

It’s not often a news story gets me like this one does on 22:43 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe the vast majority do care as most steadfastly complied with the rules put in place, it’s just such a shame that decent people allowed themselves into being hoodwinked by this waste of space Johnson and his band of toadies in 2019.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024