Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? 09:09 - Jan 13 with 5342 viewsunbelievablue

Chance to show off here, folks.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:11 - Jan 13 with 2271 viewsfooters

Custom quarter pounder, no pickles, no mustard.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:15 - Jan 13 with 2254 viewsitfcjoe

Building 10 houses and converting the former Amberfield School into 12 luxury apartments is the most showy job - I prefer some of the pubs we have refurbed though

At a previous job I took total ownership over the pension illustrations from back end calculations working with the actuaries to all the wording and design of them and of the 10,000 or so a year took them from everyone having to be manually amended to less than 0.5% needing to be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:16 - Jan 13 with 2240 viewsNthQldITFC

I wrote a rather cheeky yet non-offensive ode about a colleague and his tribulations in the lab once. My boss saw it in the tea room and said he thought I had found my calling.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:17 - Jan 13 with 2232 viewsSwansea_Blue

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:11 - Jan 13 by footers

Custom quarter pounder, no pickles, no mustard.

Hmm, nearly an uppie but then the no pickles is a bit of a black mark. It can be done of course, but needs a special talent to pull it off (if you'll excuse the phrase).

One of the best burgers I've ever had was a homemade, but with home picked blueberries. Sounds odd, but it worked remarkably well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:23 - Jan 13 with 2201 viewsElderGrizzly

Previous role - redesigned the public school curriculum from scratch in the UAE to make it more inclusive for females and ended up driving up attainment across all genders.

Current role - all redacted…😎
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:23 - Jan 13 with 2211 viewssuffolkpoker

Been running my van hire for 25 years this year! 🙄

Best moments working with my dad and buying commercial sites in our home town.
We did do a big JV for 15 units about 10 years ago on BSE. That was fun and stressful.

#hirelife

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:33 - Jan 13 with 2183 viewsHerbivore

The day I got an uppie from Guthers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 2151 viewsCotty

I have a paper in Statistical Science with over 500 citations. That is probably meaningless to almost everyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:48 - Jan 13 with 2149 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Most rewarding - definitely the people development side.

Most impactful actual work has been leading on some fairly major M&A transactions - cumulatively $100bn plus now I imagine.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:49 - Jan 13 with 2140 viewsHerbivore

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:47 - Jan 13 by Cotty

I have a paper in Statistical Science with over 500 citations. That is probably meaningless to almost everyone else.

I doff my cap to you, sir.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:52 - Jan 13 with 2135 viewsSaleAway

There's a few things I can't mention, but the one I like, is that my Master's thesis was a techno-economic assessment of the viability of a new technology. I concluded that it was not yet ready for mainstream development. During my viva defence of said thesis, my tutors asked me if I was confident in my conclusions. That morning, the one major player that was still developing, had put their project on hold, indefinitely.

Its always nice to be right. 9 months of work validated at just the right time.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:55 - Jan 13 with 2119 viewsBlueBadger

Getting an arterial blood gas sample, first time, after two anaesthetists had failed to get it with two goes each.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 9:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:02 - Jan 13 with 2084 viewsunbelievablue

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:48 - Jan 13 by PrideOfTheEast

Most rewarding - definitely the people development side.

Most impactful actual work has been leading on some fairly major M&A transactions - cumulatively $100bn plus now I imagine.

Investment. In. People.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:02 - Jan 13 with 2086 viewsKeno

does holding 3 professional associateships, further technical qualifications and being one of the very first Chartered members of my profession count?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:06 - Jan 13 with 2065 viewsTrumptonBlue

I did the subtitles for Orient: Club for a Fiver.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:06 - Jan 13 with 2065 viewsleitrimblue

In the late 90,s I managed to de-bone a pig head in 4 minutes an 25 seconds. Setting a factory wide record an making me the envy of my fellow pig head de-boners
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 2025 viewsIPS_wich

Several that I’m proud of but can’t really discuss because of confidentiality reasons, but two from earlier in my career really stick out:

- in 2006, redesigned how one of the largest hospitals in the north of England managed their paper based medical records. Before the work they were ‘mislocating’ over 25 sets of notes a week causing many many appointments (surgeries, follow up appointments) to be cancelled. An audit six months after the work was complete concluded only three sets of notes had been mislocated in the six month period - and two of them were found in the back of a Doctors car!!

- in 2008, led a review of a home office contract into an outsourced service (think G4S, Serco, Capita type contract) that saved government over £12 million a year. The fees for the review were less than £100k and I was shortlisted for management consultant off the year of the back of the work.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 2022 viewsfooters

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:06 - Jan 13 by leitrimblue

In the late 90,s I managed to de-bone a pig head in 4 minutes an 25 seconds. Setting a factory wide record an making me the envy of my fellow pig head de-boners

This is one of those things that sounds completely made up but is so oddly specific that it can't be.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:12 - Jan 13 with 2012 viewsBlueBadger

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:06 - Jan 13 by leitrimblue

I'd never gotten the impression before that you were a member of the Conservative party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 1999 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Years ago, as a lorry driver, I took a load to a customer who'd been awkward and fussy on previous occasions. Back in Felixstowe I went into the office where they had test match cricket on tv in the background.

They asked about the job and I told them everything went fine. As I was stepping out of the office I heard Richie Benaud comment "That was an excellent delivery".

Well if Richie Benaud thinks my work was good, then who am I to argue?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:15 - Jan 13 with 1993 viewsBiGDonnie

Great thread.

Playing a massive role in building my company up to now work with a large number of Schools in London.

Any teachers, teaching assistants, School reception or office staff in and around London, particularly the South East or North West of London, do send me a PM.

We're particularly great at helping young candidates into teaching assistant roles and do a lot of work with Special Needs. So know if anyone knows someone in London, who might even have some experience of working with children, coaching, babysitting etc, who are looking for either a full or part time role in education, do get in touch.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:17]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1948 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:12 - Jan 13 by BlueBadger

I'd never gotten the impression before that you were a member of the Conservative party.

Cameron only made 4 minutes 33 seconds for his best time.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:25 - Jan 13 with 1930 viewsgiant_stow

Wiping my Dad's arse without throwing up (because he could no longer reach it owing to disability*). Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my dry wretching, so only half marks, although he bravely ignored that.

Caring is an vastly underrated profession.

* i should add that he normally had carers to do this, but sometimes they were unavailable or sometimes he was just desperate for a crap or wipe when they weren't around.

Edit 2: sorry to bring to tone down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:28]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:30 - Jan 13 with 1889 viewsGuthrum

Lots of homes in a bad state made to look nice.

In terms of craft, the best item I've made was probably this, for the young son of a friend:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:38 - Jan 13 with 1851 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:25 - Jan 13 by giant_stow

Wiping my Dad's arse without throwing up (because he could no longer reach it owing to disability*). Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my dry wretching, so only half marks, although he bravely ignored that.

Caring is an vastly underrated profession.

* i should add that he normally had carers to do this, but sometimes they were unavailable or sometimes he was just desperate for a crap or wipe when they weren't around.

Edit 2: sorry to bring to tone down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:28]

I guess that's where the extra fingers comes in handy, to get the job done quicker?

Admirable job done though - well done.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024