Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne Fee? 14:05 - Jan 13 with 2687 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Apologies if this has been done, but what's everyone's thoughts on how much we can get Bonne for?

Just reading a thread on twitter (below) and QPR fans want their initial fee back (2mil) even saw one say 4 mil!!

I'd say 750K - 1mil can get him. What's everyone else thinking?

Bonne Fee? on 14:11 - Jan 13 with 2641 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its Laaaannnndan innit? Everyfink's more exspensiv.

If it's more than £1m we'll be setting a precedent for every player we sign from now on.
Besides, so long as they don't recall him, Walton is more pressing at the moment.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bonne Fee? on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 2623 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Bonne Fee? on 14:11 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Its Laaaannnndan innit? Everyfink's more exspensiv.

If it's more than £1m we'll be setting a precedent for every player we sign from now on.
Besides, so long as they don't recall him, Walton is more pressing at the moment.

For sure, Walton seems the more important one atm. But the Bonne one seems easier to do, and if we can get it done this window, its one less thing to worry about
Bonne Fee? on 14:41 - Jan 13 with 2491 viewsJ2BLUE

They're deluded.

It will be £500k tops or he won't come.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bonne Fee? on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 2366 viewsclive_baker

as free as the wind blows

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bonne Fee? on 16:54 - Jan 13 with 2213 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

12 in 24 sounds much better than 1 in 11 doesnt it!!

They are deluded, theres not much money washing around at the moment for permanent transfers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bonne Fee? on 16:55 - Jan 13 with 2202 viewsjayessess

Fans are generally pretty delusional about this stuff. The idea that 12 goals in 24 games doubles his value, when they signed him as a 1 in 3 striker in a relegated Championship team is ... cute.

If I were QPR I'd just leave him at Ipswich on loan until the end of the season. Plenty of time left on his contract, if we're promoted they can be more demanding, if we're not they can investigate other suitors.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bonne Fee? on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 2152 viewschrismakin

Unless they need the money now. QPR would be daft to do a deal now.

Keep him here on loan. If he scores more goals. Then come summer they can up his price to us and other clubs.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bonne Fee? on 17:16 - Jan 13 with 2131 viewsJ2BLUE

Bonne Fee? on 17:10 - Jan 13 by chrismakin

Keep him here on loan. If he scores more goals. Then come summer they can up his price to us and other clubs.

Disagree.

They'd be made not to do a deal now. He's a Town fan, we want him, he wants to come, the fans want him. Arguably, if we went up we MIGHT look elsewhere (from QPR's perspective) and if we stay in league one he might not want to come back. I'd be pushing for as much as I could get and his wages off the books.

Think it will get done for roughly £500k. Guessing, no inside info.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne Fee? on 17:36 - Jan 13 with 2096 viewsNthQldITFC

Bonne Fee? on 15:31 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

as free as the wind blows

I was just about to ask if that popped into anyone else's head. I'm glad to see there are some other loons around.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bonne Fee? on 18:40 - Jan 13 with 1997 viewsMattinLondon

Bonne Fee? on 17:10 - Jan 13 by chrismakin

Even if he ends up scoring 25 this season than it’s still the third tier. He seems to need a few chances to score and often gets caught offside.

If, and it’s a big off, we get promoted this season than I can’t see us spending over the top and I doubt if his value to go up. 500k I reckon will be a fair price with add ons.
Bonne Fee? on 18:48 - Jan 13 with 1979 viewschrismakin

Bonne Fee? on 18:40 - Jan 13 by MattinLondon

Even if he ends up scoring 25 this season than it’s still the third tier. He seems to need a few chances to score and often gets caught offside.

If, and it’s a big off, we get promoted this season than I can’t see us spending over the top and I doubt if his value to go up. 500k I reckon will be a fair price with add ons.

We signed Jackson for over £1 Mill. I think it would need to be similar to get Bonne.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Bonne Fee? on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 1958 viewsMattinLondon

Bonne Fee? on 18:48 - Jan 13 by chrismakin

We signed Jackson for over £1 Mill. I think it would need to be similar to get Bonne.

Judging on performances Jackson was overpriced.

Think Ashton will be able to get a better deal.
Bonne Fee? on 18:57 - Jan 13 with 1954 viewsbritbiker

They were different times. Lower league clubs have had their incomes decimated by covid. Very few clubs in the lower divisions will be throwing big fees about.
Maybe different if a championship team gets involved but they generally stick to players with already proven stats in higher divisions unless they have done something exceptional.
Bonne Fee? on 18:58 - Jan 13 with 1944 viewschrismakin

Bonne Fee? on 18:55 - Jan 13 by MattinLondon

Judging on performances Jackson was overpriced.

Think Ashton will be able to get a better deal.

Tbf didn't Phil report we paid low figures for morsy? That is Ashtons strength so you maybe right.

Bonne Fee? on 21:45 - Jan 13 with 1756 viewspeacefullR

Bonne Fee? on 18:58 - Jan 13 by chrismakin

Tbf didn't Phil report we paid low figures for morsy? That is Ashtons strength so you maybe right.

Hard to say if the news today saying Andre Gray is going to be missing for 3 matches in late January due to being called up for Jamaica in their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers and reports that Rangers and Ipswich are discussing Mc Bonne’s future are actually linked or just clickbait nonsense.

Also noticed that some clubs are recalling players back under a 7 day notice period ?

Regarding the transfer fee for Bonne from Charlton it was undisclosed but most reports suggest it was somewhere between £1m and £2m with the latter being based on apps and goals

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:48]
Bonne Fee? on 22:01 - Jan 13 with 1708 viewsMetal_Hacker

Economics have changed dramatically worldwide and not just within football

It’ll be nearer £500k for sure

Poll: If it were one or the other

Bonne Fee? on 22:26 - Jan 13 with 1613 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

I know people want to believe that he's our new Marcus Stewart and can be the difference to get us to promotion, but the reality is that we probably won't get to the playoffs this year and if we did we probably wouldn't win them. All in all a botched first half leaves us with less than a 10% chance of promotion by my reckoning.

Bonne is not the only good forward in the world. Paying anything over a million would be totally unreasonable imo, he hasn't proven himself at a higher level than League One and we shouldn't become so overfixated on this one season and convince ourselves we have to go up now or never. If all we do for the rest of the season is set up a team and a system good enough to get promoted next year, that's still a win.
Bonne Fee? on 22:50 - Jan 13 with 1544 viewsBondiBlue

Agree, not because i think that's what we should be paying but because it's about the precedent we set when we paid 750k for chaplin, fraser, and burgess. We've created our own market by overspending on fees in the summer. If we end up spending less on bonne than those 3, it would be a good bit of business.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Bonne Fee? on 22:53 - Jan 13 with 1519 viewschrismakin

Bonne Fee? on 22:26 - Jan 13 by PrrrromotionGiven

I know people want to believe that he's our new Marcus Stewart and can be the difference to get us to promotion, but the reality is that we probably won't get to the playoffs this year and if we did we probably wouldn't win them. All in all a botched first half leaves us with less than a 10% chance of promotion by my reckoning.

Bonne is not the only good forward in the world. Paying anything over a million would be totally unreasonable imo, he hasn't proven himself at a higher level than League One and we shouldn't become so overfixated on this one season and convince ourselves we have to go up now or never. If all we do for the rest of the season is set up a team and a system good enough to get promoted next year, that's still a win.

A win sat and we could go 5 points off 6th.

Only a couple weeks ago it was 11 points and seemingly impossible.

5 points to claw back over 20 games isn't impossible if we've managed to put on 3 wins in 3 games and continue to.show an actual upward trend on results, those above still have games to play v each other so those 5 points potentially are very must reachable.

Bonne Fee? (n/t) on 10:29 - Jan 14 with 1114 viewsSharkey

Bonne Fee? on 22:53 - Jan 13 by chrismakin

A win sat and we could go 5 points off 6th.

Only a couple weeks ago it was 11 points and seemingly impossible.

5 points to claw back over 20 games isn't impossible if we've managed to put on 3 wins in 3 games and continue to.show an actual upward trend on results, those above still have games to play v each other so those 5 points potentially are very must reachable.

Bonne Fee? on 10:30 - Jan 14 with 1109 viewsSharkey

Bonne Fee,
as free as the wind blows,
as free as the grass grows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024