Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer can this go on? 09:50 - Jan 14 with 844 viewsZx1988

The elites seem to be getting more and more brazen in their corruption and sleaze, and the now-obvious tie-up between The Met and Number 10 goes to show.

If we were a more reactive country (France, for example?) surely people would have taken to the streets in their numbers by now.

It makes me wonder what this Government would actually have to do in order to move the public to stop muttering over their cornflakes and take the fight to them.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

How much longer can this go on? on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 802 viewsSomethingBlue

People should be on the streets in their millions, you're right — but this country's population is more or less one that's happy to sit there and take it from their supposed betters.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How much longer can this go on? on 09:52 - Jan 14 with 784 viewsN2_Blue

already been discussed

Tory insiders calling the Sue Gray report already by ElderGrizzly 13 Jan 2022 23:21
Surprise. - no criminal activity and a slapped wrist

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1481765161061031950?s=21

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

How much longer can this go on? on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 734 viewsZx1988

How much longer can this go on? on 09:52 - Jan 14 by N2_Blue

already been discussed

Tory insiders calling the Sue Gray report already by ElderGrizzly 13 Jan 2022 23:21
Surprise. - no criminal activity and a slapped wrist

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1481765161061031950?s=21

Yes, I'm aware of that thread - that's what prompted me to make this comment. I think that the general apathy/inaction of the British populace is a matter worthy of its own separate discussion.

How much longer can this go on? on 09:57 - Jan 14 with 724 viewsStokieBlue

Already had one Tory mate messaging me today with a picture of Starmer drinking beer indoors with others. Yesterday he was all for Boris going, now it's "they were all at it" and he should stay.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How much longer can this go on? on 09:58 - Jan 14 with 708 viewsGuthrum

The French situation is amped up by there being an election very soon. We're unlikely to get a chance to vote anyone out for the best part of another three years.

Also, our centres of protest are not the capital, in France, everything is Paris.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How much longer can this go on? on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 690 viewsElderGrizzly

How much longer can this go on? on 09:57 - Jan 14 by StokieBlue

Already had one Tory mate messaging me today with a picture of Starmer drinking beer indoors with others. Yesterday he was all for Boris going, now it's "they were all at it" and he should stay.

SB

Something Starmer addressed last year and apologised for of course.

It was a one off drink with a local party after election help I believe

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 10:04]
How much longer can this go on? on 10:04 - Jan 14 with 645 viewsZx1988

How much longer can this go on? on 09:58 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

The French situation is amped up by there being an election very soon. We're unlikely to get a chance to vote anyone out for the best part of another three years.

Also, our centres of protest are not the capital, in France, everything is Paris.

I was under the impression that the French tended to be a whole lot more reactive, regardless of the state of the political cycle.

I apologise if I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I was always of the belief that the French tend to take to the streets at the drop of a beret over what would appear to us to be the most trivial of things.

I dare say that if this was happening in France, Paris would be burning at the moment.

How much longer can this go on? on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 636 viewsN2_Blue

How much longer can this go on? on 09:56 - Jan 14 by Zx1988

Yes, I'm aware of that thread - that's what prompted me to make this comment. I think that the general apathy/inaction of the British populace is a matter worthy of its own separate discussion.

Country get what it deserves.

Johnson will go whether it's tomorrow or in a year. Some other despicable human will become PM and the masses will yet again vote Tory.

The electorate in this country never learns.

I'm not saying Labour is the answer but continually voting in a Tory government (especially one as corrupt as this one) will only divide society further socially and economically. It's actually damning of the state of this country that he has an 80 seat majority - i mean seriously. I (unfortunately) live in Boris Johnson's constituency and they lap him up - even now. He'd win his seat here tomorrow, despite all of this, I'm sure of it.

My family and I are fairly comfortable, middle class i guess you say and financially do better under a Tory government but i have voted Labour every time in my life but once. I care for people. But unfortunately the majority of people are selfish and look out for number 1. It's the truth unfortunately despite what people claim.

I've given up of people politically in this country and feel much happier and content as a result.

I wonder how all those folk up in Hartlepool etc are feeling with their decision of voting in a Tory to their seat for the first time - how's that working for you folks? Happier with life?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

How much longer can this go on? on 10:08 - Jan 14 with 609 viewsGuthrum

How much longer can this go on? on 10:04 - Jan 14 by Zx1988

I was under the impression that the French tended to be a whole lot more reactive, regardless of the state of the political cycle.

I apologise if I'm perpetuating a stereotype, but I was always of the belief that the French tend to take to the streets at the drop of a beret over what would appear to us to be the most trivial of things.

I dare say that if this was happening in France, Paris would be burning at the moment.

You're not wrong. The French are proud of their tradition of protest (1789, 1830, 1848, 1870, 1968), whereas ours has largely been swept under the carpet, especially since the 1980s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How much longer can this go on? on 10:09 - Jan 14 with 602 viewsBlueNomad

"I like old Boris, he's a laugh and gave us a win in 2016........................." That's why!
How much longer can this go on? on 10:57 - Jan 14 with 432 viewsWeWereZombies

How much longer can this go on? on 10:04 - Jan 14 by Zx1988

I think you are right to challenge Guthers on French protest being Paris-centric:

'On Saturday 7 August, 237,000 people protested on 198 locations in France, the authorities reported. In Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, rioters pelted the police with all sorts of things, police reacted with tear gas and charges and arrests.' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_vests_protests#Vaccination_obligation,_sani

But Macron appears to be weathering storms better than the hapless Boris Johnson, 51% approval rating from one pollster:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_the_Emmanuel_Macron_presidency

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024