Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't it nice 10:30 - Jan 14 with 1772 viewsGuthrum

to have a slow transfer window at ITFC and actually not mind about it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Isn't it nice on 10:57 - Jan 14 with 1561 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Let wait and see what the mood is amongst some of our more afflicted posters come January 31st.......

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Isn't it nice on 10:59 - Jan 14 with 1551 viewsfooters

Quiet deadline day at Portman Road expected.

Booo. Everyone out!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Isn't it nice on 11:03 - Jan 14 with 1538 viewsZx1988

I'd assume, with the way Ashton is known to work, that if Toto is leaving in the next couple of days, there'll be a replacement whose signing is at a vaguely similar level of advancement?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Isn't it nice on 11:06 - Jan 14 with 1524 viewsBlueBadger

Rather a smarmy way of doing business. I don't like it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Isn't it nice on 11:10 - Jan 14 with 1510 viewsSteve_M

Indeed, people got a little bit too excited about signings in the Summer whereas the last few months have shown all of us that merely signing good players isn't enough.

I wonder if it would have been so quiet if Cook were still here, or indeed how much his insistence on needing new players played in his dismissal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Isn't it nice on 11:14 - Jan 14 with 1490 viewsKieran_Knows

Isn't it nice on 11:10 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Indeed, people got a little bit too excited about signings in the Summer whereas the last few months have shown all of us that merely signing good players isn't enough.

I wonder if it would have been so quiet if Cook were still here, or indeed how much his insistence on needing new players played in his dismissal.

I think it's a bit harsh to say 'people got a little too excited'.

Very respectfully, the calibre of players we were bringing in, given we have been a run of the mill 3rd tier side (yes I appreciate the new owners coming in) was very good to be fair. To be able to attract the likes of Celina, Chaplin, Edwards and even on his own part, begrudgingly Morsy, that was cause to be excited.

The problem quite clearly, was Cook not getting a consistent tune out of them.

Still, happy for this month to be a lot quieter, hopefully a few more deadwood are shifted after Nsiala and we can maybe add another 1 or 2 players of real quality (if that's just Bonne and Walton permanently, so be it - but if its those 2 plus 2 more, then even better).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Isn't it nice on 11:17 - Jan 14 with 1457 viewsDarth_Koont

A few weeks ago, I’d have thought an LB/LWB was a priority. But if Coulson is still here then I presume they have plans for him to be back in the mix.

I’ve no problem with that and Penney as competition and cover. Plus the three CBs already takes the pressure off that position a fair bit.

But sort out what has been our Achilles heel all season and we could really fly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Isn't it nice on 11:36 - Jan 14 with 1398 viewsSteve_M

Isn't it nice on 11:14 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

Very respectfully, the calibre of players we were bringing in, given we have been a run of the mill 3rd tier side (yes I appreciate the new owners coming in) was very good to be fair. To be able to attract the likes of Celina, Chaplin, Edwards and even on his own part, begrudgingly Morsy, that was cause to be excited.

Still, happy for this month to be a lot quieter, hopefully a few more deadwood are shifted after Nsiala and we can maybe add another 1 or 2 players of real quality (if that's just Bonne and Walton permanently, so be it - but if its those 2 plus 2 more, then even better).

There were definitely some people who got very excited. They were, and still are, good signings for the most part but there was an undercurrent of belief that that was all that was required.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Isn't it nice on 12:09 - Jan 14 with 1325 viewshomer_123

If the only business we end up doing is Walton and/or Bonne of perm deals....that would be a very decent transfer window as well.

Worth noting that 2 or 3 weeks ago...many fans wanted a clear out of players as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Isn't it nice on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 1307 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely. I like the approach of trying to improve the players that we do have and getting them working in a coherent system, rather than throwing enough mud at the wall in the hope some of it sticks. We've got good players, time to give them the platform to show that.

I'm actually more interested in departures this window tbh. If Kenlock, Nolan, Jackson join Toto it would feel like a bit of a cleanse. Can't see it in a couple of those cases but lets see.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Isn't it nice on 12:16 - Jan 14 with 1292 viewsKentish_Tractor

Let's see how the situation is towards the end of the month after the next 2 or 3 games.

Granted the Gillingham game was fantastic, but then Gillingham were truly woeful.

Accrington and Sheffield Wednesday (ie teams around us) will be a much sterner test and should show what's needed.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Isn't it nice on 12:16 - Jan 14 with 1294 viewshomer_123

Isn't it nice on 12:13 - Jan 14 by clive_baker

Absolutely. I like the approach of trying to improve the players that we do have and getting them working in a coherent system, rather than throwing enough mud at the wall in the hope some of it sticks. We've got good players, time to give them the platform to show that.

I'm actually more interested in departures this window tbh. If Kenlock, Nolan, Jackson join Toto it would feel like a bit of a cleanse. Can't see it in a couple of those cases but lets see.

I think we can see already that the players look significantly better individually and more importantly collectively already.

I know we'll still have off matches no doubt but to think many wanted a clear out of players a few weeks ago and were questioning either playing for another manager or that they were not good enough.

Nolan is the obvious one that can easily go - we have more than enough cover in that position. Kenlock would seem surplus as well, esp if Coulson is getting back to fitness. Jackson - also could move on but I think that is less likely tbh.

I can see Kenlock going and a LWB or LB coming in possibly, then the Walton/ Bonne situation but beyond that I can't see us bringing in much else.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Isn't it nice on 12:26 - Jan 14 with 1270 viewsGuthrum

Isn't it nice on 12:16 - Jan 14 by Kentish_Tractor

Let's see how the situation is towards the end of the month after the next 2 or 3 games.

Granted the Gillingham game was fantastic, but then Gillingham were truly woeful.

Accrington and Sheffield Wednesday (ie teams around us) will be a much sterner test and should show what's needed.

I meant more a good level of satisfaction with the players already here. No desperate need coupled with a fear of some old crock being signed to fill vital gaps. Entering a window having an already-functioning team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Isn't it nice on 12:43 - Jan 14 with 1230 viewshype313

Isn't it nice on 12:26 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

I meant more a good level of satisfaction with the players already here. No desperate need coupled with a fear of some old crock being signed to fill vital gaps. Entering a window having an already-functioning team.

Indeed, there really isn't any need for us to sign the likes of Simon Dawkins which is quite refreshing.

More pressing is tying down existing players, and moving some out to get the wage bill down.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Isn't it nice on 12:49 - Jan 14 with 1222 viewsjaykay

goes to show, the dead wood has been cleared out , only needed a good coach to get these good players going.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Isn't it nice on 13:01 - Jan 14 with 1193 viewsclive_baker

Isn't it nice on 12:16 - Jan 14 by homer_123

I think we can see already that the players look significantly better individually and more importantly collectively already.

I know we'll still have off matches no doubt but to think many wanted a clear out of players a few weeks ago and were questioning either playing for another manager or that they were not good enough.

Nolan is the obvious one that can easily go - we have more than enough cover in that position. Kenlock would seem surplus as well, esp if Coulson is getting back to fitness. Jackson - also could move on but I think that is less likely tbh.

I can see Kenlock going and a LWB or LB coming in possibly, then the Walton/ Bonne situation but beyond that I can't see us bringing in much else.

Yes, certainly on the evidence from Gillingham. That of course comes with the caveat that they're a dreadful, dreadful side who made life very easy for us. They looked every bit a side witnessing their managers last stand. It'll be interesting to see if we continue to make progress against sterner opposition, and all the noises suggest we are capable of that. It's a promising start, for sure.

By and large I'm convinced our players are good enough, especially in attacking areas. I think it remains to be seen if the back 3 are a long term solution, and Morsy and Evans wasn't working under Cook. I think it was a bit of system (Evans looks much more comfortable in the deeper role than trying to enforce a high press) and perhaps a bit of general apathy. KM seems to be getting a tune out of them which is good to see, but again I would be very interested to see who occupies those 2 roles on the opening day of next season. It's very much a work in progress, but progress is the key word. As long as we're improving and KM is continuing to learn about who he's got in his squad that's the main thing. I'm not at all surprised he's quickly come to the conclusion he has on Toto, especially if he's watched videos of our previous games. I think we can safely say we'll never see Nolan in a Town shirt again, whether that means he goes now or in the summer it's almost certainly a 'when' not 'if'. Same for Holy and Kenlock probably.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 13:07]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Isn't it nice on 13:15 - Jan 14 with 1161 viewsBLUEBEAT

Isn't it nice on 12:09 - Jan 14 by homer_123

If the only business we end up doing is Walton and/or Bonne of perm deals....that would be a very decent transfer window as well.

Worth noting that 2 or 3 weeks ago...many fans wanted a clear out of players as well.

That’s the thing.

If there is one thing we can be thankful to Paul Cook for, it is the signings he made.

Even if he didn’t know how to get the best out of them.

Poll: W or W

Isn't it nice on 13:44 - Jan 14 with 1139 viewsghostofescobar

Very good point, I hadn't thought about it in those terms. We maybe only really need a keeper and striker if Walton or Bonne go. But also nice to think that if we do need someone, I am pretty sure that the owners will back KM, rather than us ending up with some loanee who is just coming back from 8 months out through injury.

GhostOfEscobar

Isn't it nice on 13:46 - Jan 14 with 1133 viewsWD19

There might be something to be said for sitting high in the top 6 and be feeling the pressure of the window at this point.
Isn't it nice on 14:17 - Jan 14 with 1067 viewsITFC_Forever

Isn't it nice on 11:14 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

You can add Fraser to that list - it hasn't really got going for him yet here, but you can tell he is a very good footballer, and was signed from McDons with a reputation and (stats to match) him being one of the most creative players in the division last season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

14 days and still NOTHING!! on 14:18 - Jan 14 with 1064 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Isn't it nice on 14:22 - Jan 14 with 1055 viewsNthQldITFC

Mate of mine reckons nothing is happening today.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Isn't it nice on 14:30 - Jan 14 with 1033 viewsBlueandTruesince82

TBH the Walton saga has ruined it. Bonne less so bevsues you know he wants to be here and feel like provided the club want the same that will get sorted.

Walton here at least til the end of the season will make me a happy boy

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Isn't it nice on 14:37 - Jan 14 with 1020 viewsSwansea_Blue

Isn't it nice on 14:22 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

Mate of mine reckons nothing is happening today.

I don't believe it. Where's the proof....

...that you've got a mate

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Isn't it nice on 15:02 - Jan 14 with 969 viewsEwan_Oozami

Isn't it nice on 12:49 - Jan 14 by jaykay

goes to show, the dead wood has been cleared out , only needed a good coach to get these good players going.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024