Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield 11:49 - Jan 14 with 2609 viewsflettonblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59988400

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:50 - Jan 14 with 1987 viewsfooters

Right, I'm off to the Huddersfield forum for nine months to give my pearls of wisdom and hopefully make some new friends.

See you suckers later.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 12:18]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:52 - Jan 14 with 1973 viewsJ2BLUE

Almost hope it doesn’t happen. Huddersfield don’t deserve this. Really couldn’t wish him on any other club….except Norwich.

Why doesn’t he buy a league two team? More suited to his budget and he could have some genuine success getting them up a division.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:52 - Jan 14 with 1970 viewsEwan_Oozami

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:50 - Jan 14 by footers

Right, I'm off to the Huddersfield forum for nine months to give my pearls of wisdom and hopefully make some new friends.

See you suckers later.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 12:18]

Can you ask what their views are on Battenberg?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:53 - Jan 14 with 1955 viewsdavblue

As has been said before. I hope he’s learned some lessons otherwise he’s throwing money away again unless they get up this season.

But he’s shown he’s not good at running a successful football club with any credibility. If he continues to strip everything to the bare bones then Huddersfield will be in the same place as we were. Supporters disillusioned, a club and its assets not maintained,
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:59 - Jan 14 with 1893 viewsRyorry

Oh, poor Huddersfield -
" Don't do it, Terriers, you'll regret it"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 1873 viewsCheltenham_Blue

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 11:52 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Almost hope it doesn’t happen. Huddersfield don’t deserve this. Really couldn’t wish him on any other club….except Norwich.

Why doesn’t he buy a league two team? More suited to his budget and he could have some genuine success getting them up a division.

I just don't know what it is about his time here that makes him thinks he can afford it.
Strikes me that he's probably got feelings of failure from here and is trying to fix himself.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:03 - Jan 14 with 1852 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can he really make all the same mistakes again ? Surely not !!!

Hope he doesn't for all the Huddersfield fans

Good luck to both parties but I can only see one result to be fair

Poll: If it were one or the other

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:12 - Jan 14 with 1777 viewsStewart27

Wow

I’ve always had a soft spot for Huddersfield.

We nabbed Marcus Stewart and we’re now delivering them Marcus Evans.

Poor sods.
Login to get fewer ads

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:14 - Jan 14 with 1758 viewsdavblue

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:02 - Jan 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

I just don't know what it is about his time here that makes him thinks he can afford it.
Strikes me that he's probably got feelings of failure from here and is trying to fix himself.

If they get up this season then it's probably job done for him, he can recoup losses.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:15 - Jan 14 with 1747 viewsfooters

Will ME have to sell his stake here for the deal to go through?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:15 - Jan 14 with 1748 viewsDanTheMan

Poor Huddersfield. Hope they have a decent setup already because he won't do anything to improve it, that's for sure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:18 - Jan 14 with 1723 viewsPrice_1991

Hopefully that'll mean he also sells his 5% he has kept at town as well so we are completely rid of him. I do feel sorry for any other team that he sniffs around buying apart from them lot up the road, they can have him.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:20 - Jan 14 with 1694 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I always gave ME a bit of leeway on the basis that he was the victim of bad timing and that football finances overtook him.

Clearly that was wrong, and god know why he wants to get back into the game.

Wonder if he will be determined to do things differently? If so, why did he not change things here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:20 - Jan 14 with 1679 viewsGiant_Midget

Wants to cash in on Jordan Rhodes again.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:22 - Jan 14 with 1660 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:15 - Jan 14 by DanTheMan

Poor Huddersfield. Hope they have a decent setup already because he won't do anything to improve it, that's for sure.

I guess the big difference with them is that Dean Hoyle will retain a 35% stake.

Hoyle is a dedicated, life long Huddersfield fan, and has taken them to the Prem before.

Maybe this set up allows Hoyle to effectively steer the club, and Evans to fund it?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:24 - Jan 14 with 1645 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:02 - Jan 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mentioned above that I think the big difference here is that someone who knows what they are doing has a 35% stake and will retain it.

If Evans has any sense, he will leave Hoyle to run the club.

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 1592 viewsGuthrum

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:18 - Jan 14 by Price_1991

Hopefully that'll mean he also sells his 5% he has kept at town as well so we are completely rid of him. I do feel sorry for any other team that he sniffs around buying apart from them lot up the road, they can have him.

Don't see why him still owning a small share is an issue for us. It's not like he's involved in the running of the club any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:33 - Jan 14 with 1562 viewsfooters

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:31 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

Don't see why him still owning a small share is an issue for us. It's not like he's involved in the running of the club any more.

Isn't it against EFL rules to have stake in more than one club?

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:36 - Jan 14 with 1534 viewsGuthrum

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:33 - Jan 14 by footers

I believe so. Was more referring to fans having a problem with his remaining small stake in Town.

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:36 - Jan 14 with 1527 viewsMattinLondon

There’s a lot of things that go against the rules but they just tend to get ignored.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 1494 views_sanctimoanious_

So, does he appoint Cook who then chases Walton, Evans, Morsy and Chappers? Lodges a bid for all four at £375k with performance related extras.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 1497 viewsPrice_1991

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:36 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

I believe so. Was more referring to fans having a problem with his remaining small stake in Town.

Because should we get to the Prem and he still has an involvement with us regardless of whether he actually has a say at the table or not it would come across as him succeeding in getting us to the Prem even though he ruined the club to the point where he had to sell it for it to succeed.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:49 - Jan 14 with 1472 viewsHighgateBlue

In short, no.

The tests revolve around "Control" rather than merely owning a stake.

For the EFL, "Control" is defined at page 6 of this PDF:
https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-s

Essentially the threshold is 30% of shares, which ties in with the Premier League threshold.

That definition is then relevant for the Directors and Owners' tests at Appendix 3:
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appe

As you'll see, there is in the Appendix a definition of "Relevant person". Certain reporting requirements exist in respect of such persons. That definition expressly excludes someone who is advising in a professional capacity and doesn't have more than 5% of the shares. I doubt this would include Evans, but it is a mention of the 5% figure in the rules.

For Premier League clubs, the threshold is 30% (I believe this means that if you have more than 30% of one club you can't own 30% or more of another club).

For UEFA, it's 50% of voting rights or shares or some such.

This does mean, it seems to me, that you can have 100% of a Premier League team and 49% of a UEFA governed team, and they might play each other. That would not be ideal, but then little is when it comes to football ownership, sadly.
ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:50 - Jan 14 with 1459 viewsGuthrum

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:40 - Jan 14 by Price_1991

Because should we get to the Prem and he still has an involvement with us regardless of whether he actually has a say at the table or not it would come across as him succeeding in getting us to the Prem even though he ruined the club to the point where he had to sell it for it to succeed.

He did put a lot of money into the club, then wrote off considerable debts to allow the sale to Gamechanger to go through. Only fair he should get a chance to recoup some of that.

As to some kind of moral victory in getting us to the Prem, it's too obvious that his stewardship would not have been responsible for that. If he wants to celebrate, that's up to him, was part of the club for nearly 14 years, after all.

ME getting closer to buying Huddersfield on 12:51 - Jan 14 with 1462 viewsPhilTWTD

No, it's not. Would be different if he had some control here but he doesn't.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/sect

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024