Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto move confirmed 11:54 - Jan 14 with 6189 viewsUppaTowen78

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2022/january/nsiala-signing/
Toto move confirmed on 13:18 - Jan 14 with 1421 viewsfooters

Toto move confirmed on 13:16 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

Bit of a victim

Not like Chambers who's shown so much grace and humility then? I'm sure it will be magically different somehow.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toto move confirmed on 13:20 - Jan 14 with 1418 viewsitfcjoe

Toto move confirmed on 13:18 - Jan 14 by footers

Not like Chambers who's shown so much grace and humility then? I'm sure it will be magically different somehow.

If you want to be friends with him I can ask for you, it's becoming a bit of a weird obsession for you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto move confirmed on 13:23 - Jan 14 with 1388 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bit of a victim

I'll let him have that, given how some of our 'fans' behaved towards him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto move confirmed on 13:24 - Jan 14 with 1385 viewstractordownsouth

Toto move confirmed on 12:45 - Jan 14 by Garv

Good luck to him.

Highlights include Swansea away in Hurst's only win, Rotherham at home when he and Collins were rocks, and Stoke at home in the same season - brought on in the 92nd minute for our corner 0-1 down and Keane scored - the panic in the Stoke defence seeing Toto arrive in the box was beautiful.

I was at that Exeter game against Hurst. Despite the overall performance of the team, he was excellent and won absolutely everything, I thought we'd unearthed a gem.

Good luck to him at Fleetwood though. Like others have said, he does the basics well so is a good addition for a bottom half team in this league.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Toto move confirmed on 13:24 - Jan 14 with 1378 viewsfooters

Toto move confirmed on 13:20 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

If you want to be friends with him I can ask for you, it's becoming a bit of a weird obsession for you

Not really. He seems quite boring.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toto move confirmed on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 1359 viewsitfcjoe

Toto move confirmed on 13:23 - Jan 14 by Swansea_Blue

I'll let him have that, given how some of our 'fans' behaved towards him.

I think the problem is, and it's totally understandable why some do but a bad move, he went looking for the comments on social media and wasn't able to switch off from them.

I'd imagine all our players get lots of stick on there if they read DMs from people they aren't connected with etc - and him publicising that he does that, like Norwood did, attracts more.

Being in the public eye as a lower level footballer can't be fun - you don't have the huge riches to compensate for the massive intrusion into your life when at a bigger club.

Think it might help him being at a much smaller club, he's never been comfortable here for me - and I don't the crowd particularly ever got on his back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto move confirmed on 13:30 - Jan 14 with 1333 viewsSwansea_Blue

Toto move confirmed on 13:28 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

I think the problem is, and it's totally understandable why some do but a bad move, he went looking for the comments on social media and wasn't able to switch off from them.

I'd imagine all our players get lots of stick on there if they read DMs from people they aren't connected with etc - and him publicising that he does that, like Norwood did, attracts more.

Being in the public eye as a lower level footballer can't be fun - you don't have the huge riches to compensate for the massive intrusion into your life when at a bigger club.

Think it might help him being at a much smaller club, he's never been comfortable here for me - and I don't the crowd particularly ever got on his back

Ah, I didn't see any of the social media stuff. He wasn't treated very well when on the pitch though. It leaves a bit of a bad taste for me. I don't understand why anyone gets on their backs while they're actually playing. If people want to moan, that's what this place is for!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto move confirmed on 13:31 - Jan 14 with 1329 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good and committed defender badly treated by some percent of our fanbase. People have seriously been obsessed about his every single minor mistake whereas other defenders' mistakes have largely been winked at in the last 2-3 years.

All the best Toto !

The question now is who the new scapegoat will be.
Login to get fewer ads

Toto move confirmed on 13:31 - Jan 14 with 1325 viewsSitfcB

Bit of a victim

I don’t think he was ever as bad as some made out. Feel sorry for him for the stick he always gets from a lot of our fans.

Hope he does well for Fleetwood.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Toto move confirmed on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 1313 viewsFightingEssex

Jekyll and Hyde player, one moment he’s mad an exceptional tackle and the next he’s looking the wrong way and trips leaking a goal. Train the mistakes out and you’ll have a good defender for this league.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Toto move confirmed on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 1313 viewsNthQldITFC

Toto is trending on that Twitter thing.

Along with Woolfy.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good question.... on 13:33 - Jan 14 with 1315 viewsBloots

Toto move confirmed on 13:31 - Jan 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Good and committed defender badly treated by some percent of our fanbase. People have seriously been obsessed about his every single minor mistake whereas other defenders' mistakes have largely been winked at in the last 2-3 years.

All the best Toto !

....you've been struggling to find one since Chambo and Skuse left.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Good question.... on 13:36 - Jan 14 with 1296 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good question.... on 13:33 - Jan 14 by Bloots

Nowt to do with scapegoating.

You can keep venerating them though.
Good question.... on 13:41 - Jan 14 with 1285 viewsSitfcB

Good question.... on 13:33 - Jan 14 by Bloots

Legends.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Legends (n/t) on 13:42 - Jan 14 with 1277 viewsBloots

Good question.... on 13:36 - Jan 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nowt to do with scapegoating.

You can keep venerating them though.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Legends (n/t) on 13:48 - Jan 14 with 1241 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Legends (n/t) on 13:42 - Jan 14 by Bloots

Do you need the tissues?
Toto move confirmed on 13:55 - Jan 14 with 1221 viewswkj

Toto move confirmed on 13:31 - Jan 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

All the best Toto !

I guess you wasn't on the forums at the start of the season when Wolfenden was making errors, or the many that Penney has made...

I'd say most people have been on point calling the errors out, not just Toto.

Going back even further - people were going round like demented cement mixers to call Chambers out too.

Weird assessment you've made here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Toto move confirmed on 13:55 - Jan 14 with 1216 viewsZx1988

Toto move confirmed on 13:15 - Jan 14 by Metal_Hacker

Bad taste in his mouth innit

I don't blame the chap. The inference I get from his comments (or coyness around commenting) is that he'd had enough and wanted a fresh start elsewhere. After what happened at Charlton, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Toto move confirmed on 13:56 - Jan 14 with 1213 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto move confirmed on 13:55 - Jan 14 by wkj

I guess you wasn't on the forums at the start of the season when Wolfenden was making errors, or the many that Penney has made...

I'd say most people have been on point calling the errors out, not just Toto.

Going back even further - people were going round like demented cement mixers to call Chambers out too.

Weird assessment you've made here.

Toto and his mistakes have been under the microscope unlike other players.
Toto move confirmed on 13:57 - Jan 14 with 1211 viewswkj

Toto move confirmed on 13:56 - Jan 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Toto and his mistakes have been under the microscope unlike other players.

Incorrect. Wolfenden was very loudly questioned this season, as has been the case with Penney.

Crybaby

Toto move confirmed on 13:59 - Jan 14 with 1199 viewsJakeITFC

Toto move confirmed on 13:55 - Jan 14 by Zx1988

I don't blame the chap. The inference I get from his comments (or coyness around commenting) is that he'd had enough and wanted a fresh start elsewhere. After what happened at Charlton, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

More likely that the new manager has come in, implemented a style of possession from the back that he doesn't suit and got rid, surely?

It's a shame that it ended for him like it did at Charlton, but ultimately his performance that night was representative of his time here in which he was mostly a liability for us.
Toto move confirmed on 14:01 - Jan 14 with 1186 viewswkj

Toto move confirmed on 13:59 - Jan 14 by JakeITFC

More likely that the new manager has come in, implemented a style of possession from the back that he doesn't suit and got rid, surely?

It's a shame that it ended for him like it did at Charlton, but ultimately his performance that night was representative of his time here in which he was mostly a liability for us.

There was no excuses for what happened to him at Charlton, and he should never have felt the need to apologise IMHO.

However, I agree his time was well and truly over here. It's astounding to think he was bought in to be a Championship player... Hurst really was a dunce.

Crybaby

Toto move confirmed on 14:05 - Jan 14 with 1162 viewsStokieBlue

Toto move confirmed on 13:59 - Jan 14 by JakeITFC

Was Toto any worse than other players that night?

Not from my recollection. The behaviour was disgraceful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Toto move confirmed on 14:09 - Jan 14 with 1139 viewsJakeITFC

Toto move confirmed on 14:05 - Jan 14 by StokieBlue

Was Toto any worse than other players that night?

Not from my recollection. The behaviour was disgraceful.

SB

Nope, Evans and Morsy put in a stinker for the ages, however Charlton (like Rotherham and maybe somebody else before) pressed everyone in the team except Nsiala, and so all of our moves ended with him having to play a risky ball or a long punt. That obviously isn't his fault exclusively - we should be able to play a way that counteracts that, but it is a big problem that we had an easily exploitable weakness at the heart of our defence.

I also don't think he was particularly good defender the majority of the time either, but realise that's a more polarising view. For balance, I think we have the exact same problem now with Burgess (but obviously harder to shift him given the fee we've just paid and his contract).

EDIT: Obviously none of the above justifies the actions at the end of the game from some at the Valley.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 14:09]
Toto move confirmed on 14:10 - Jan 14 with 1134 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto move confirmed on 13:57 - Jan 14 by wkj

Incorrect. Wolfenden was very loudly questioned this season, as has been the case with Penney.

Nowhere near as loudly as Nsiala.

The Barrow game is a one of the examples too how badly treated he was. The whole team was awful on that day. Burgess was even worse than Nsiala but people did scapegoat the latter after the game. Again, why him being singled out when the whole team was terrible.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 14:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024