Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How life changes... 12:01 - Jan 14 with 746 viewsRobTheMonk

Madge and I are expecting twin girls in May!

We had our ultrasound yesterday and everything looks okay so far (touch wood). They're in their own seperate sacks so non-identical and the best type of twins to have from a medical standpoint.

If you asked me 10 years ago if I would be having twin girls I'd have laughed as I spent most of my 20's playing football and drinking too much at the weekends. Then I met Madge and life changed...

I didn't know how I was going to react, but I'm genuinely excited. One of my best mates has a wonderful 4 year old girl, so I'll be asking him for tips. We're already joking about us being over-protective Dad's when they get older.

It's going to be utterly mental!

On the flipside, my Mum is nearly halfway through chemo and struggling mentally with it all. The baby news seems to have given her a boost which was lovely to see. She should hopefully be done at the end of March.

I'm making sure I get all my sleep in now!
How life changes... on 12:03 - Jan 14 with 711 viewsRyorry

Wow, all the best to you and yours Rob, pls keep us in the pic if you can 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How life changes... on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 678 viewsdavblue

Get the sawn off shotgun ready for the teenage years!
How life changes... on 12:21 - Jan 14 with 648 viewsclive_baker

Many congratulations chap. It's a heck of a journey but there's nothing like it.

Enjoy

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How life changes... on 14:09 - Jan 14 with 563 viewsMattinLondon

Congratulations chap, I have two boys (3 and 5). Your life will completely change - you’re bound to get plenty of tips from all around.

If I could be bold and offer you one - basically do your bit. Wake up during the night to help with the feeding (obviously if your partner is breast-feeding than you won’t be able to do this). Change nappies, tidy-up etc etc. Just do your bit.

Once again congratulations.
How life changes... on 14:28 - Jan 14 with 540 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good luck with the twin thing! In my opinion bringing up kids and helping lay solid foundations is the most important thing we get to do (if lucky enough). Every single moment you put into them will come back a thousand fold. Enjoy it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How life changes... on 14:39 - Jan 14 with 528 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Amazing stuff on all counts. Congrats!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How life changes... on 14:40 - Jan 14 with 525 viewsMattinLondon

How life changes... on 14:28 - Jan 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Good luck with the twin thing! In my opinion bringing up kids and helping lay solid foundations is the most important thing we get to do (if lucky enough). Every single moment you put into them will come back a thousand fold. Enjoy it.

Apart from bath time and having the audacity to tell them that they have to brush their teeth…f***ing nightmare.
How life changes... on 14:41 - Jan 14 with 519 viewsfabian_illness

Cracking news mate.
Best wishes to you all.
Login to get fewer ads

How life changes... on 14:43 - Jan 14 with 511 viewsSwansea_Blue

Many congratulations. One at a time was enough for me!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How life changes... on 15:24 - Jan 14 with 466 viewsRyorry

How life changes... on 14:09 - Jan 14 by MattinLondon

Congratulations chap, I have two boys (3 and 5). Your life will completely change - you’re bound to get plenty of tips from all around.

If I could be bold and offer you one - basically do your bit. Wake up during the night to help with the feeding (obviously if your partner is breast-feeding than you won’t be able to do this). Change nappies, tidy-up etc etc. Just do your bit.

Once again congratulations.

"(obviously if your partner is breast-feeding than you won’t be able to do this)"

Always glad of a Friday afternoon chuckle

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How life changes... on 15:40 - Jan 14 with 442 viewsDarth_Koont

Congratulations!

I can understand why fathers enjoy spending time with their sons and possibly sharing a few more leisure activities and common experiences.

But there’s just as much to be said for having daughters – they’re constantly a surprise and give a completely different perspective. And it doesn’t take long before you can start seeing the world a bit clearer through their eyes.

Oh and, in my experience anyway, the common belief that girls are easier to deal with when they’re younger but wait until they’re teenagers (!!!) hasn’t happened at all. They’ve been a joy throughout and at 19 and 16, I don’t really feel the need to protect them. In fact, I’m more concerned for the boys they meet than for them!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 15:41]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024