Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? 17:57 - Jan 14 with 1484 viewsdominiciawful

LMAO.

This talk of him taking a majority stake at Huddersfield has reminded me of the contempt I have for Evans.

I am so glad that he is no longer involved here and we can get back to being run as a competent football club again after almost 15 years.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 18:00]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:05 - Jan 14 with 1419 viewsfooters

Contempt's a bit much, innit. Only football, he meant no one any specific harm - just a bit (very) clueless.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:10 - Jan 14 with 1390 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No malice in Evans ownership. I don't see him as the asset stripper many do.

As Footers says, a bit clueless. Huddersfield get to see if he learnt from his mistakes here?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:37 - Jan 14 with 1301 viewsKeaneish

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:10 - Jan 14 by BlueandTruesince82

As Footers says, a bit clueless. Huddersfield get to see if he learnt from his mistakes here?

Doesn’t he own half of Playford Road still or was that sold to GameChanger as part of the acquisition?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:38 - Jan 14 with 1280 viewschrismakin

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:10 - Jan 14 by BlueandTruesince82

He won't be on his own at Huddersfield. If anything it's a better position for him to try again. He can carry on staying away from a club and let someone else run it. Something he should have done here.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:09 - Jan 14 with 1160 viewsWD19

It a bit like the Kennedy assassination. ‘Where were you when you first heard about the Lambert 5 year deal!’

Mooching around the fanzone at Wycombe watching Gareth Ainsworth do a photo Op for me…..
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:17 - Jan 14 with 1134 viewsNthQldITFC

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:09 - Jan 14 by WD19

It a bit like the Kennedy assassination. ‘Where were you when you first heard about the Lambert 5 year deal!’

Mooching around the fanzone at Wycombe watching Gareth Ainsworth do a photo Op for me…..

He did a photo op for you?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:19 - Jan 14 with 1126 viewsWD19

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:17 - Jan 14 by NthQldITFC

He did a photo op for you?

Yes, I told him I had a thing for lank greasy hair and he was flattered.
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:38 - Jan 14 with 1074 viewsMerseyBlue

Feel very sorry for Huddersfield. Far more of the blame for our demise lies with him than any of his managers.

I genuinely think he meant well at the start but his decision making was criminal and for that I share your contempt.

Genuinely shocked that he wants to give it another go - people can change and he's a successful businessman, but I only see this ending in tears for the Terriers.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:01 - Jan 14 with 1020 viewsChurchman

I’ll be kind. I see Evans as incompetent, clueless, disinterested and downright negligent after the quick flip gamble failed. No, he didn’t strip the assets, he let them rot and dribble away.

That he is rocking into Huddersfield tells me that whatever the accounts say publicly, whatever the write off and the thank you for saving us Marcus brigade have to say, Marcus in real terms did alright in real £££. Nothing else makes sense with this for me.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 21:32]
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:05 - Jan 14 with 1003 viewsSteve_M

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 20:09 - Jan 14 by WD19

In a sh1t pub in Wycombe with very hungover bar staff and a whiff of stale alcohol from the night before. Kind of appropriate.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:10 - Jan 14 with 987 viewsJ2BLUE

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:05 - Jan 14 by footers

Contempt's a bit much, innit. Only football, he meant no one any specific harm - just a bit (very) clueless.

Wish him and his family all the best but in footballing terms he tied a hand behind our back and did huge damage to the club.

Should be a first ballot inductee into the ITFC Hall of Shame and I hope everything he touches in football is a disaster.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:22 - Jan 14 with 966 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:01 - Jan 14 by Churchman

I’ll be kind. I see Evans as incompetent, clueless, disinterested and downright negligent after the quick flip gamble failed. No, he didn’t strip the assets, he let them rot and dribble away.

That he is rocking into Huddersfield tells me that whatever the accounts say publicly, whatever the write off and the thank you for saving us Marcus brigade have to say, Marcus in real terms did alright in real £££. Nothing else makes sense with this for me.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 21:32]

Or he has got so much money he can afford to lose several millions on football and he just fancies having another go to try to do better.

He was a dreadful owner for us. I cannot see how anyone can think he made money from his time with us. I also don't see how anyone can think he deliberately wanted us to fail either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:39 - Jan 14 with 910 viewsChurchman

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 21:22 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or he has got so much money he can afford to lose several millions on football and he just fancies having another go to try to do better.

He was a dreadful owner for us. I cannot see how anyone can think he made money from his time with us. I also don't see how anyone can think he deliberately wanted us to fail either.

I agree with you on both elements, but I doubt he lost in real money terms what the accounts say or what is suggested. I’m just struggling to understand why he’d want another go at this. I’m also struggling to get how it’s going to be any more successful than the last attempt when it is only a year or two since he offered a pillock like PL a five year contract.

Obviously, his money, his choice.
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 22:38 - Jan 14 with 838 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 18:05 - Jan 14 by footers

If this sort of thing wasn’t a load of psychobabble nonsense, I’d be convinced he’s cursed. It’s early days obviously, but we’re on the verge of having our best start under a new manager since god knows when. And from the new regime’s first appointment. Evans couldn’t even get a tune out of supposedly proven, very good managers (Mick n Cook). Cursed I tell ya.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 828 viewstextbackup

as dramatic as it sounds, i fcking hate him, and hope this goes even worse for him.

gave me a miserable 13 odd years as a town fan, my one passion in life. fck him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 22:52 - Jan 14 with 810 viewspatrickswell

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 22:38 - Jan 14 by Swansea_Blue

If this sort of thing wasn’t a load of psychobabble nonsense, I’d be convinced he’s cursed. It’s early days obviously, but we’re on the verge of having our best start under a new manager since god knows when. And from the new regime’s first appointment. Evans couldn’t even get a tune out of supposedly proven, very good managers (Mick n Cook). Cursed I tell ya.

He got a tune out of Mick, it's just unfortunate that after 2015 when Mick might have hoped to trade up his acoustic guitar for a Les Paul, Evans gave him a comb and paper instead.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 22:53]
Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 00:35 - Jan 15 with 691 viewsFightingEssex

Remember that time Evans gave Lambert a five-year deal? on 22:44 - Jan 14 by textbackup

as dramatic as it sounds, i fcking hate him, and hope this goes even worse for him.

gave me a miserable 13 odd years as a town fan, my one passion in life. fck him

He destroyed this club and for no good reason, it wasn’t like a Portsmouth or Wigan blowing the bank to maintain success and win trophies. His measly 5mil investment a year was a total waste of everyone’s time and if he honestly thought that level of investment is enough in this era he’s a fkn idiot. The biggest achievement he had here was the fact he somehow managed to con Gamechanger out of £40million for the club when it wasn’t worth anything!

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024