Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VPNs 10:27 - Jan 15 with 1677 viewsZx1988

(note: deliberately vague, as I'm not 100% sure on Phil's stance!)

I'm looking to do some VPN-based viewing this afternoon and have done a little research.

All of the sites I've come across advise against using a free VPN as it'll either be too unstable, or it won't be able to get around the content-provider's geoblocking systems. However, these sites also seem to make money from paid VPNs, so there's a definite conflict of interest there!

Have you folks got any particular experience of such things? Will a free VPN such as Tunnelbear or the one bundled with Opera do the job, or will I need to shell out for a paid one?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

VPNs on 10:29 - Jan 15 with 1644 viewsKeno

Phil tends to stand with his legs apart and his left led slightly in front of his right one

I hope that helps

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

VPNs on 10:37 - Jan 15 with 1596 viewsElephantintheRoom

Can’t answer your specific question - but I’ve piggybacked on a paid for One that a neighbour pays for and we have noticed a few snags in our admittedly poor internet region. Providers such as Netflix and Amazon know where you live - so if your VPN is on UK because you were ogling Suzanne Reid- Amazon and Netflix for example say non. The VPN seems to drain quite a bit if our admittedly feeble internet capacity too which makes live viewing tricky.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

VPNs on 10:38 - Jan 15 with 1590 viewshoppy

VPNs on 10:29 - Jan 15 by Keno

Phil tends to stand with his legs apart and his left led slightly in front of his right one

I hope that helps

Only when he’s on the front foot.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

VPNs on 10:40 - Jan 15 with 1577 viewsKeno

VPNs on 10:38 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Only when he’s on the front foot.

and as long as he doesnt need to do anything imminently

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

VPNs on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 1556 viewsHatStand

I've been using Nord. Roughly 10£ a month on a monthly basis. Seems to be going rate. Annual/2 yearly options are a lot cheaper.
Then just select what country you want to be seen in, I go for Norway generally.
Hope that helps.

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

VPNs on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 1543 viewsZXBlue

tunnelbear ceased working for my purposes last year. I have struggled with my current one express vpn recently too though it has been solid in the past.
VPNs on 11:52 - Jan 15 with 1369 viewsDeano69

VPNs on 10:49 - Jan 15 by HatStand

I've been using Nord. Roughly 10£ a month on a monthly basis. Seems to be going rate. Annual/2 yearly options are a lot cheaper.
Then just select what country you want to be seen in, I go for Norway generally.
Hope that helps.

I normally choose France. No idea why.

That said, if ever I’m on a flight that passes over France I take the opportunity to use the toilet while flying over.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

VPNs on 11:57 - Jan 15 with 1322 viewsallezlesbleus

VPNs on 11:52 - Jan 15 by Deano69

I normally choose France. No idea why.

That said, if ever I’m on a flight that passes over France I take the opportunity to use the toilet while flying over.

Merde!
Login to get fewer ads

VPNs on 12:01 - Jan 15 with 1310 viewsBluejake

I use PIA (Private Internet Access) and found it very good. Paid £65 for a 3.5 year contract. Always use Switzerland for no particular reason.
VPNs on 12:16 - Jan 15 with 1263 viewsthelingting

The problem with free VPN's is that other than they tend to be less reliable and a bit slower, they often have been blacklisted by most sites such as Netflix and likely iFollow. Doesn't mean it won't work but the likelihood is that more often than not, they won't.

Paid VPN's tend to have many more options on where to connect and the IP address you get assigned, meaning you are much more unlikely to have a blacklisted IP.

Hope that helps.
VPNs on 13:11 - Jan 15 with 1138 viewsclive_baker

Norton is £20 for your first year and is a very good vpn. I use it for work as to access 1 server I need it to think I’m in Italy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

VPNs on 13:32 - Jan 15 with 1065 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Nord is the one I use for work and also iFollow. VPNs are legal and known to be used for streaming so I wouldn’t worry about asking about it. I’ve used Nord all season, it’s easy and cheap ish
VPNs on 14:19 - Jan 15 with 962 viewsWestover

I live in Portugal so have paid for Ifollow but just need one the UK stations so my other half can watch the soaps etc on her tablet, I paid for Express for a year but it didn't work for the English TV, any thoughts?
VPNs on 14:28 - Jan 15 with 929 viewsBugs

Of the free ones Windscribe is the best I have come across for Ifollow. Servers are normally slow but once you have the stream up, disconnect from the VPN and it works fine.
VPNs on 16:03 - Jan 15 with 785 viewsDinDjarin

VPNs on 12:01 - Jan 15 by Bluejake

I use PIA (Private Internet Access) and found it very good. Paid £65 for a 3.5 year contract. Always use Switzerland for no particular reason.

I too use PIA but get kicked after 5 mins saying I dont have permission to watch?

What do they crosscheck once you are connected and watching?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024