Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... 11:44 - Jan 15 with 2562 viewsbluelagos

But it may come as a surprise how those responsible for law and order seem to not give a sh1t.

Anyone wish to defend the Met's inaction?

[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 11:51]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

We all know the Tories as as dodgy as... on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 1708 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lmfao...absolutely priceless. Colour me shocked!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

We all know the Tories as as dodgy as... on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 1628 viewsLord_Lucan

We all know the Tories as as dodgy as... on 11:48 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lmfao...absolutely priceless. Colour me shocked!

She's put some timber on hasn't she!

On a more serious note - it is of course ridiculous and The Met know exactly what is going on at no 10 in real time at all time as they have eyes all over the place.

It's the same way David Beckham and Alex Ferguson can get away with speeding fines.

[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 13:27]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:12 - Jan 15 with 1589 viewslowhouseblue

explain rather than defend. they have been focused on intervention to stop breaches which are taking place. engage, explain, encourage, enforce - are all focused on stopping a breach at the time. ex post prosecution hasn't been a big part of their strategy - only prosecuting if they have failed to stop the behaviour through the first 3 'e's. have there been many examples of ex-post prosecution when officers weren't present at the time of the offence with their efforts then having been ignored or attempts made at the time to evade enforcement? again explaining not defending.

"What we are doing

We are patrolling and talking to people if we think they are doing something that is against the guidelines.

If there is a problem we want to resolve it by communicating clearly and encouraging people to behave responsibly.

We're following 'the 4 Es': Engage. Explain. Encourage. Enforce. First we will try to engage with someone, explain how we think they are breaking the rules, and encourage them to change their behaviour to reduce the risk to public safety and health.

If people still do not follow the rules the police can:

tell them to disperse
tell parents to stop their children breaking the rules
fine them
If someone continues to ignore the instructions, the police can arrest them if they think it is proportionate and necessary."

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:13 - Jan 15 with 1582 viewsDarth_Koont

The Establishment didn’t become the Establishment by holding themselves to the same standards as they hold “outsiders” to.

Pronouns: He/Him

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:21 - Jan 15 with 1547 viewsBlueNomad

Much as the lack of response, if they were aware, at the time the fact remains that no-one can be prosecuted over the parties because no information was laid before the magistrates within six months. They are all summary offences.
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:26 - Jan 15 with 1527 viewsZx1988

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:21 - Jan 15 by BlueNomad

Much as the lack of response, if they were aware, at the time the fact remains that no-one can be prosecuted over the parties because no information was laid before the magistrates within six months. They are all summary offences.

As is my understanding, the six-month window runs from the point at which the police become aware of an offence having been committed.

Similarly there is a three-year window, which runs from the date of the offence, for the police to become aware of the offence.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:48 - Jan 15 with 1459 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:12 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

explain rather than defend. they have been focused on intervention to stop breaches which are taking place. engage, explain, encourage, enforce - are all focused on stopping a breach at the time. ex post prosecution hasn't been a big part of their strategy - only prosecuting if they have failed to stop the behaviour through the first 3 'e's. have there been many examples of ex-post prosecution when officers weren't present at the time of the offence with their efforts then having been ignored or attempts made at the time to evade enforcement? again explaining not defending.

"What we are doing

We are patrolling and talking to people if we think they are doing something that is against the guidelines.

If there is a problem we want to resolve it by communicating clearly and encouraging people to behave responsibly.

We're following 'the 4 Es': Engage. Explain. Encourage. Enforce. First we will try to engage with someone, explain how we think they are breaking the rules, and encourage them to change their behaviour to reduce the risk to public safety and health.

tell them to disperse
fine them
If someone continues to ignore the instructions, the police can arrest them if they think it is proportionate and necessary."

Something about a suitcase full of wine on a Friday night!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:53 - Jan 15 with 1434 viewsghostofescobar

Unbelievable. No, I mean, totally believable.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 08:03 - Jan 17 with 1193 viewsbluelagos

They are reported to be investigating the party held by Shaun Bailey held over 12 months ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/downing-street-parties-shaun-bailey-b199328

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:18 - Jan 17 with 1087 viewsbrad548ye

Absolutely no way to defend this at all. Police got their hands seriously burned when they dared to investigate the expenses scandal and ended up searching MP offices. Been public enemy number 1 to the government ever since.
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:32 - Jan 17 with 1057 viewsBlueNomad

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:26 - Jan 15 by Zx1988

As is my understanding, the six-month window runs from the point at which the police become aware of an offence having been committed.

Similarly there is a three-year window, which runs from the date of the offence, for the police to become aware of the offence.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/enforcementguide/court/magistrates-intro.htm#:~:t
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:37 - Jan 17 with 1030 viewsbluelagos

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:32 - Jan 17 by BlueNomad

https://www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/enforcementguide/court/magistrates-intro.htm#:~:t

Be sure to tell the police currently investigating Shaun Bailey that they are wrong on this one...

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:40 - Jan 17 with 1019 viewsTexaco73

You might be interested to know that Bas Javid (brother of Savid) is Assistant Commissioner in Met Police, responsible for professional standards.

Draw your own conclusions.
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:42 - Jan 17 with 1011 viewsBlueNomad

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:37 - Jan 17 by bluelagos

Be sure to tell the police currently investigating Shaun Bailey that they are wrong on this one...

I'm just pointing out what the law says - not what I think should happen.
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:44 - Jan 17 with 1005 viewsmonytowbray

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:12 - Jan 15 by lowhouseblue

"What we are doing

tell them to disperse
fine them

Lowhouse having a delicious slice of licked boot for breakfast as per usual.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:48 - Jan 17 with 997 viewsbluelagos

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:42 - Jan 17 by BlueNomad

I'm just pointing out what the law says - not what I think should happen.

I think where you are wrong is in stating the Downing St parties are "summary offences".

That said, I am not a lawyer - have tweeted Adam Wagner - the legal wizard on all things lockdown so hopefully he'll clarify.

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:49 - Jan 17 with 990 viewsbluelagos

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:40 - Jan 17 by Texaco73

You might be interested to know that Bas Javid (brother of Savid) is Assistant Commissioner in Met Police, responsible for professional standards.

Draw your own conclusions.

Yeah I was aware of that. Not sure how much influence he has tbh.

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 11:29 - Jan 17 with 946 viewsBlueNomad

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:48 - Jan 17 by bluelagos

I think where you are wrong is in stating the Downing St parties are "summary offences".

That said, I am not a lawyer - have tweeted Adam Wagner - the legal wizard on all things lockdown so hopefully he'll clarify.

This may help:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/coronavirus-act-2020
We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 930 viewsRyorry

"No information"? 😂

They're on the sodding doors acting as "security" - if they're not asking people (I don't care how "trusted", they could be acting under duress, blackmail re relatives etc.) to open suitcases to show contents on entry/re-entry, then the Met are failing on security as well.

Edit: not to mention being able to hear loud music from basements & sounds of people partying into the wee small hours, as reported by eyewitnesses.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 11:45]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 882 viewslowhouseblue

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 10:44 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

Lowhouse having a delicious slice of licked boot for breakfast as per usual.

just providing an explanation. sorry it doesn't fit in with your ranty stuff.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:38 - Jan 17 with 823 viewsmonytowbray

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:16 - Jan 17 by lowhouseblue

just providing an explanation. sorry it doesn't fit in with your ranty stuff.

Always an explanation, never ammo for idiots to recite.

TWTD never forgets…

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:39 - Jan 17 with 819 viewslowhouseblue

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:38 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

Always an explanation, never ammo for idiots to recite.

quite, it's not for me to write your script for you.

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:47 - Jan 17 with 797 viewsmonytowbray

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:39 - Jan 17 by lowhouseblue

quite, it's not for me to write your script for you.

You choose to write your own. I choose to remind you what you defend and justify.

TWTD never forgets…

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:53 - Jan 17 with 782 viewslowhouseblue

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:47 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

You choose to write your own. I choose to remind you what you defend and justify.

clearly you don't understand the difference between 'explain' and 'defend and justify' so you will inevitably find these things confusing.

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:57 - Jan 17 with 763 viewsmonytowbray

We all know the Tories are as dodgy as... on 12:53 - Jan 17 by lowhouseblue

clearly you don't understand the difference between 'explain' and 'defend and justify' so you will inevitably find these things confusing.

Your biggest challenge remains understanding the context of your posts, the posts you reply to and what you leave out for the reader to conclude.

You spend much of your time here justifying authoritarianism and corruption.

Cool.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 12:57]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024