Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 16:53 - Jan 15 with 4810 viewsunstableblue

Performance!!

The press goes and we are outfought and outplayed by an ‘out of form’ Bolton - anyone with any footballing knowledge knew they were going to be a challenge. A far bigger challenge than Gillingham.

Edmundson
Penney
Burns
Evans (the worst)
Norwood
Bonne
Morsy

Only Wolfenden, Aluko at times and the subs came out with any plaudits

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 2554 viewschrismakin

It's not a curse, it's basic today, we've tried to be clever with our set up and it's backfired massively.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:58 - Jan 15 with 2501 viewsThe_Realist_09

Penney with one of the worst performances you'll see in a town shirt.....again!

Me must be looking to recruit in that area surely. Not the first time this season he's been hooked early for Kane.
The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 2483 viewsStokieBlue

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:56 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

It's not a curse, it's basic today, we've tried to be clever with our set up and it's backfired massively.

I said I wouldn't respond to you anymore but given I still have to see it can you stop posting b*llocks hot takes please.

It's people like you who bring the bad feeling and atmosphere to the club with your constant complaining, flip-flopping and ridiculous hot takes.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 2473 viewsfooters

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:56 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

By playing the exact same players in the exact same system as the previous two games?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 2466 viewsunstableblue

Disagree

There were so many misspasses and ineffective presses from individuals that meant whatever shape or system it would have failed

Burns for example had zero confidence and didn’t threaten

Penney was outplayed by his oppo

We lost the battle all over the pitch

Also and very worryingly it was only when Chaplin/Celina came on that we started to be dynamic and adventurous up top.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:01 - Jan 15 with 2402 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

I said I wouldn't respond to you anymore but given I still have to see it can you stop posting b*llocks hot takes please.

It's people like you who bring the bad feeling and atmosphere to the club with your constant complaining, flip-flopping and ridiculous hot takes.

SB

Pop me back on ignore. Then you wouldn't see it. If you were happy with today, then that's upto you. I wasn't, it was shte, and the set up was wrong.

Good to see your Celina busting a gut to get the ball back on the run to the first goal. But lets no go there....

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 2311 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 by footers

By playing the exact same players in the exact same system as the previous two games?

It wasn't the same sytem at all, if you failed to see that then that's on you.

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 2300 viewsGarv

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:01 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

Pop me back on ignore. Then you wouldn't see it. If you were happy with today, then that's upto you. I wasn't, it was shte, and the set up was wrong.

Good to see your Celina busting a gut to get the ball back on the run to the first goal. But lets no go there....

You know you don't have a right to be happy with every game of football you see Ipswich Town play, don't you?

The reaction following a 4-0 win at Gillingham brought an overreaction, as will the defeat today. The constant flip flopping in the fan base is tiring.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 2301 viewsfooters

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:03 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

Can you please explain today's system and how it differed to the previous two games for those of us too stupid to understand?

Thank you.

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:07 - Jan 15 with 2271 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:59 - Jan 15 by unstableblue

Disagree

There were so many misspasses and ineffective presses from individuals that meant whatever shape or system it would have failed

Burns for example had zero confidence and didn’t threaten

Penney was outplayed by his oppo

We lost the battle all over the pitch

Also and very worryingly it was only when Chaplin/Celina came on that we started to be dynamic and adventurous up top.

Various things wrong today.

There will be some tweets later from itfc analytics which will show the difference between games I'd imagine. Norwood wide was the biggest problem imo.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 13:11]

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:10 - Jan 15 with 2240 viewsStokieBlue

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:01 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

You're blaming Celina for the goal?

That is amazing, laying your pathetic agenda out for all to see right there. The mental gymnastics you must have gone through to reach that conclusion could probably fill a book.

I can only assume you were watching on the radio today.

Your constant flip-flopping and hot takes are ridiculous. It's like a cat has walked all over the keyboard although a cat might occasionally make sense.

You're part of the problem, you're continually trying to make outlandish claims and cause arguments and disruption. I'm not sure what you get out of it but it's certainly annoying enough people now.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:12]

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:14 - Jan 15 with 2191 viewsjayessess

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:03 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

Looked like 3-5-2 to me? What was different about it?

For me, we've given up 3 big chances today via mistakes, against a team that defended well. We were first sloppy, then slow, in possession. Not much more than that going on today.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:15]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:15 - Jan 15 with 2162 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:10 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

You're blaming Celina for the goal?

That is amazing, laying your pathetic agenda out for all to see right there. The mental gymnastics you must have gone through to reach that conclusion could probably fill a book.

I can only assume you were watching on the radio today.

Your constant flip-flopping and hot takes are ridiculous. It's like a cat has walked all over the keyboard although a cat might occasionally make sense.

You're part of the problem, you're continually trying to make outlandish claims and cause arguments and disruption. I'm not sure what you get out of it but it's certainly annoying enough people now.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:12]

Oh you're still going, struggling to find the ignore button? ask one of your mates to help.

Didn't blame Celina, Walton didn't help with the first, the 2nd has 2 players involved at fault. However Celina could have certainly attempted to get the ball back more than he did. Not my fault he was the closest player when they broke. sorry that upsets you.

People have the opportunit to use the ignore function, there's no flip flopping here, it's a game we've lost and my opinions on it. Not my fault you struggle with people who don't share your opinions.

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:17 - Jan 15 with 2121 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:14 - Jan 15 by jayessess

Looked like 3-5-2 to me? What was different about it?

For me, we've given up 3 big chances today via mistakes, against a team that defended well. We were first sloppy, then slow, in possession. Not much more than that going on today.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:15]

Even Mathie saw it
just said

" To me it just wasn't a 3 5 2, we had wide strikers" mayb using Aluko as a form of 10 etc

So no as i've said All game not just after the result, it's not been the same set up at all.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:18]

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:20 - Jan 15 with 2097 viewsStokieBlue

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:15 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

Oh you're still going, struggling to find the ignore button? ask one of your mates to help.

Didn't blame Celina, Walton didn't help with the first, the 2nd has 2 players involved at fault. However Celina could have certainly attempted to get the ball back more than he did. Not my fault he was the closest player when they broke. sorry that upsets you.

People have the opportunit to use the ignore function, there's no flip flopping here, it's a game we've lost and my opinions on it. Not my fault you struggle with people who don't share your opinions.

I'm using the forum as intended.

You clearly did blame Celina and you still are in that post. Sometimes I wonder if you write so much rubbish you forget which rubbish you've written.

It's nonsense and purely designed to provoke in the same way your post about the system was.

It's pathetic, possibly even smarmy.

Enjoy your evening feverishly trolling people on a football forum.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:21]

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:21 - Jan 15 with 2088 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:15 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

"Oh you're still going, struggling to find the ignore button? ask one of your mates to help."

What are you Chris? 14? 15?

You act like it almost instinctively. I'm sure we'd all have you on ignore if it weren't for the fact you post and reply so bo00dy often, it would make the board non sensical.

I really can't wait for your inevitable ban.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:23 - Jan 15 with 2045 viewsjayessess

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:17 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

Even Mathie saw it
just said

" To me it just wasn't a 3 5 2, we had wide strikers" mayb using Aluko as a form of 10 etc

So no as i've said All game not just after the result, it's not been the same set up at all.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:18]

Mathie's got some pretty eccentric opinions. For one he seems to think that football teams score from every corner!

Not convinced that a slight adjustment to Norwood's positioning (not dissimilar to what we did with him against Wycombe at times) is that significant. Burns got 1 on 1 with their full back quite a few times but never offered any threat.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 2023 viewsJDB23

This is exactly why people need to stop saying "we're x points from the playoffs!!!!" every 2 seconds. We're still miles off it and until we put 4/5 wins it's not even worth thinking about. Gifting a team in dreadful form an easy 3 points, "it's the history of the Ipswich".
The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 2011 viewsjas0999

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 16:58 - Jan 15 by The_Realist_09

Penney with one of the worst performances you'll see in a town shirt.....again!

Me must be looking to recruit in that area surely. Not the first time this season he's been hooked early for Kane.

Unless Coulsen is fit soon and can stay fit, we need a left sided wing back. Urgently.
The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 2005 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:20 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

I'm using the forum as intended.

You clearly did blame Celina and you still are in that post. Sometimes I wonder if you write so much rubbish you forget which rubbish you've written.

It's nonsense and purely designed to provoke in the same way your post about the system was.

It's pathetic, possibly even smarmy.

Enjoy your evening feverishly trolling people on a football forum.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:21]

it's not provoking to say a player could have made more of an effort.

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1954 viewsChurchman

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:05 - Jan 15 by Garv

You know you don't have a right to be happy with every game of football you see Ipswich Town play, don't you?

The reaction following a 4-0 win at Gillingham brought an overreaction, as will the defeat today. The constant flip flopping in the fan base is tiring.

You are right. It a case of not being too down with poor results like today’s and too OTT with good ones.

The reality is that results will vary because we are an established mid League One team and club. Some good wins, some disappointing performances, especially against better teams like Bolton (aggregate 7-2 this season). 11th? We deserve to be after more than half the season.

Ok, we have a bigger fan base than many of the clubs in this league, but the club has been rubbish for years. It’s going to take a long time to turn it and the team round. Good strides have been made in some areas of the club. However, the team and it’s management is clearly going to take longer than I’d hoped, including the summer, to become anything worthwhile.

I like what I’ve seen from McKenna. He needs patience and support. This is not a ‘free hit’, to use that terrible term, but reality. We never saw any real progress from Cook which is why he was booted. I’m hoping we will see some with McKenna before the seasons end, but I doubt we will see more than that.

A top half finish, stability and a team that looks like one will represent progress for me. Disappointing, but I am acutely aware of how far this club has fallen when I hear people proposing geriatrics like Defoe.

I thought we’d get at least a point today and I’m fed up about it, but the big picture tells me that with a little patience we will be fine.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:30]
The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1944 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:21 - Jan 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Oh you're still going, struggling to find the ignore button? ask one of your mates to help."

What are you Chris? 14? 15?

You act like it almost instinctively. I'm sure we'd all have you on ignore if it weren't for the fact you post and reply so bo00dy often, it would make the board non sensical.

I really can't wait for your inevitable ban.

lol asking me my age, when he's the one saying he won't respond any more 1 day, then responds today to be personal again with 0 football discussion intent, although he feels talking about football is baiting posters bizarrely. If he's that precious, he should press the ignore button. It's mathday, the games been played, we're all talking about it, this is where different opinions will be aired.

Banned for talking about todays game. interesting take.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:32]

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:33 - Jan 15 with 1919 viewsStokieBlue

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:26 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

it's not provoking to say a player could have made more of an effort.

You must think everyone is stupid, everyone can clearly see the context and what you're doing.

Phil should never have let you back to give your smarmy, radio-based opinions to us "d1ckheads".

SB

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:33 - Jan 15 with 1913 viewsfooters

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:30 - Jan 15 by chrismakin

lol asking me my age, when he's the one saying he won't respond any more 1 day, then responds today to be personal again with 0 football discussion intent, although he feels talking about football is baiting posters bizarrely. If he's that precious, he should press the ignore button. It's mathday, the games been played, we're all talking about it, this is where different opinions will be aired.

Banned for talking about todays game. interesting take.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:32]

Guessing you're either 35 or 36. In which case it's a bit tragic the way you post.

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:34 - Jan 15 with 1892 viewschrismakin

The curse of Ipswich strikes again… 6 players turn in a 5/10 on 17:33 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

You must think everyone is stupid, everyone can clearly see the context and what you're doing.

Phil should never have let you back to give your smarmy, radio-based opinions to us "d1ckheads".

SB

What im doing is talking about todays game yes.

You seem a bit pepped up, might be best to take a break for a bit SB.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024