Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna just said 18:02 - Jan 15 with 1606 viewsgtsb1966

that we have enough central defenders but he is looking at players with a different profile ( whatever that means) and better quality in that position It makes me think that come summer we'll have another overhaul, not so drastic admittedly, but a bit more quality.
McKenna just said on 18:05 - Jan 15 with 1545 viewsfooters

I assume he means ball playing CBs considering he's asked both Woolf and Edmundson to bomb on over the last few games. Woolf has also looked very shaky, and that's being generous.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McKenna just said on 18:08 - Jan 15 with 1488 viewsArnieM

Different profile …. Hopefully means players that can pass the ball forward . How novel would that be ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna just said on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 1395 viewsjayessess

McKenna just said on 18:05 - Jan 15 by footers

I assume he means ball playing CBs considering he's asked both Woolf and Edmundson to bomb on over the last few games. Woolf has also looked very shaky, and that's being generous.

Christ, people see what they want to see don't they? Donacien and Edmundson spent the entire game giving the ball away, whilst Woolfenden completed nigh on 100% of his passes. Edmundson tried to gift Bolton the game twice, Woolfenden bailed him out the first time, he succeeded the second.

But, who's "shaky"? Woolfenden. Bizarre.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McKenna just said on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 1337 viewsArnieM

McKenna just said on 18:12 - Jan 15 by jayessess

Christ, people see what they want to see don't they? Donacien and Edmundson spent the entire game giving the ball away, whilst Woolfenden completed nigh on 100% of his passes. Edmundson tried to gift Bolton the game twice, Woolfenden bailed him out the first time, he succeeded the second.

Id agree totally with that and I’m not one of Woolfies greatest admirers it had to be said .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna just said on 18:21 - Jan 15 with 1207 viewsfooters

McKenna just said on 18:12 - Jan 15 by jayessess

I wasn't talking specifically about today's performance, more generally over the last little while. Don't get me wrong, I liked Woolf a lot when he broke through, but he's hardly set the world alight in more recent times.

McKenna just said on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1186 viewswkj

Would you please stop bullying daveU with this kind of nonsense?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

McKenna just said on 18:44 - Jan 15 with 930 viewshomer_123

The aim, surely, is to better the squad at any and all opportunities.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McKenna just said on 18:53 - Jan 15 with 854 viewsHerbivore

So Phil Jones will be coming in after all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna just said on 18:54 - Jan 15 with 850 viewsDJR

I agree with the first sentence but not the second. Donacien is not that comfortable as a ball-playing centre back, and the bombing that the other two have done worked quite well in the last two games when there was plenty of space but not today when Bolton pressed a lot. McKenna's probably used to much better footballing centre backs who are much more fluid, whereas our attempts at playing the ball out from the back are a little bit staccato.
McKenna just said on 19:12 - Jan 15 with 739 viewsfooters

McKenna just said on 18:54 - Jan 15 by DJR

I agree with the first sentence but not the second. Donacien is not that comfortable as a ball-playing centre back, and the bombing that the other two have done worked quite well in the last two games when there was plenty of space but not today when Bolton pressed a lot. McKenna's probably used to much better footballing centre backs who are much more fluid, whereas our attempts at playing the ball out from the back are a little bit staccato.

Poorly worded by me, has to be said. Woolf has played well under MK so far but it's a far cry from where he has been in terms of performances and indeed the pecking order.

Just think KM will be looking to bring in others more comfortable on the ball to suit this system if at all possible, especially with Nsiala already having been shipped out. Maybe making two and two five here, but you'd like to think we've someone lined up if we're willing to sanction a deal for Toto at this stage.

Would love to see Woolf reach the heights of expectation but he has a hell of a lot of learning to do. Saved our bacon today though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024