Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't think we were that bad today. 21:06 - Jan 15 with 1607 viewsFixed_It

Obviously the result clouds how we view the performance, but there were some decent passages of play and I felt we were the better team technically. McKenna will see where we failed to make our possession count, and I have no doubt he'll address these failings over the coming weeks. Yes, the result today was disappointing, especially after the previous two games, and it doesn't help our fading chances of promotion. But it wasn't all bad by any means.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 1593 viewsPlums

I wasn’t there but the Sky highlights bear out what you say. Looks as though we had the majority of the chances, we just failed to take them.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:27 - Jan 15 with 1541 viewsitfcsuth

I thought we were OK, seen us play a lot worse, seen us play a lot better. Sloppy errors cost us in a tight game.

I did think people got carried away when we dominated Gillingham last week. We are still a little way away from where we need and want to be.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 21:28]
Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:33 - Jan 15 with 1513 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just seemed very lethargic , tired and strained today.

Just really messy for the most. Burns for me is superb but his demeanour today seemed way off , his head was down and looked a little frustrated at times. Very unlike him. Donacian for the most today was very average and unlike him. His passing was wayward. Edmundson was all over the place.

Perhaps too much time on the training ground in the last two weeks and too much to take on board

I dunno , I’m a little lost for reasons but we were not on it today truth be told

Poll: If it were one or the other

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:40 - Jan 15 with 1494 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He'll address these failings because we weren't good today.

Was like watching Lamberts era at times. Tens of passes without knowing how to unlock the opposition.
Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:54 - Jan 15 with 1420 viewsFightingEssex

Watching us today and comparing our level of football to the highlights of the Bournemouth vs Luton just now, realising that both those sides would beat us 3-5 nil is absolutely depressing. Our squad is painfully over rated, bloated and underperforming given the money they’re earning. This is a Paul Cook mess but the new manager needs to bring some fighters and winners in otherwise it’s going to continue to go nowhere. Mid table League One shouldn’t be our standard, and so far this is the worse we’ve been since relegation. We’ve not even threatened the top 6 with this mob.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 02:26 - Jan 16 with 1229 viewsIllinoisblue

I admire your willingness to always look on the bright side but I’m sorry, that was a very poor effort today. First 15 mins aside we didn’t really deal at all with Bolton pressing us and, more importantly, Evans and others produced the worst display of passing I’ve ever seen from a Town side. And let’s not mention the terrible corner kicks. And what chances did we create? Aluko’s long range curler. Wolfy’s header. Think that was it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 07:03 - Jan 16 with 1124 viewstiptreeblue

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 02:26 - Jan 16 by Illinoisblue

I admire your willingness to always look on the bright side but I’m sorry, that was a very poor effort today. First 15 mins aside we didn’t really deal at all with Bolton pressing us and, more importantly, Evans and others produced the worst display of passing I’ve ever seen from a Town side. And let’s not mention the terrible corner kicks. And what chances did we create? Aluko’s long range curler. Wolfy’s header. Think that was it.

Worst display of passing ever, REALLY?

And you reckon you admire the other person for willing to look on the bright side, I suggest you are willing to look for the negatives a little too much
Didn't think we were that bad today. on 08:25 - Jan 16 with 1040 viewsHerbivore

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:33 - Jan 15 by Metal_Hacker

Just really messy for the most. Burns for me is superb but his demeanour today seemed way off , his head was down and looked a little frustrated at times. Very unlike him. Donacian for the most today was very average and unlike him. His passing was wayward. Edmundson was all over the place.

Perhaps too much time on the training ground in the last two weeks and too much to take on board

I dunno , I’m a little lost for reasons but we were not on it today truth be told

One of our big problems is that one or two players having on off day always seems to become infectious and half the side end up having an off day. We don't seem to be able to just carry one or two players not quite being on it, we let it drag down the performances of too many others. Not sure if that's about leadership on the pitch, ability, confidence or whatever, but it's something McKenna needs to try to figure out how to overcome. We're in League 1, it's going to be the exception rather than the norm for everyone to bring their A game every week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 08:55 - Jan 16 with 979 viewsChurchman

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 21:33 - Jan 15 by Metal_Hacker

No team can play well every week. The sign of a good one is team that takes a point or scrapes a win when we are not playing well. We are unable to do that at the moment.

With more of the dead wood and one or two for whom it’s not worked out gone and one or two with not just ability but the right temperament in, we will improve.

I know it was disappointing yesterday and is likely to be mixed until the seasons end, but I’m hoping KM tries to evolve the team rather than ravages it, Cook style. I don’t think they’re a million miles off.
Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:09 - Jan 16 with 907 viewsArnieM

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 08:55 - Jan 16 by Churchman

No team can play well every week. The sign of a good one is team that takes a point or scrapes a win when we are not playing well. We are unable to do that at the moment.

With more of the dead wood and one or two for whom it’s not worked out gone and one or two with not just ability but the right temperament in, we will improve.

I know it was disappointing yesterday and is likely to be mixed until the seasons end, but I’m hoping KM tries to evolve the team rather than ravages it, Cook style. I don’t think they’re a million miles off.

There just seems to be a helluva lot of confidence and expectation that McKenna ( a complete managerial rookie) can suddenly do what 5-6 experienced predecessors were incapable of doing. We might all end up being very disappointed.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:20 - Jan 16 with 897 viewschrismakin

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:09 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

There just seems to be a helluva lot of confidence and expectation that McKenna ( a complete managerial rookie) can suddenly do what 5-6 experienced predecessors were incapable of doing. We might all end up being very disappointed.

I have noticed that whilst some point out that words count for nothing. He's got a lot of trust of changing things with no experience to receive such trust as a manager

Yesterday someone posted how KM said he wanted to play in the opponents half. We heard the same from PC and Lambert and mcgreal.

If we had more bodies in the midfield yesterday and not 3 wide strikers as it appeared to be, imo we'd have had the opportunity to get into the half alot more than we managed. There were no options available for players like last week.

My fear is KM will try to use top level coaching with lower level players and it won't work as we hope it will. Fingers crossed it turns out great for all of us

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:41 - Jan 16 with 861 viewsHerbivore

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:09 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

This group of players have only worked under one other permanent manager, and he was largely hopeless. We're three games in to McKenna's rein and he's won two of them. We've seen periods of us playing well and him having a clear structure for how he wants us to play. Yesterday things didn't work out but it's hardly time to wet the bed as some seem to be doing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 843 viewsMullet

Compared to Cook, we weren’t. Compared to the prior two games it was a bug bump to the ground. Bolton never really hurt us but it was a tad like Sunderland. We either couldn’t fashion chances effectively or take them when we did and got punished.

Very frustrating day in all. Possibly a reminder of why sneaking the top six will become such an ask thanks to the mess from August onwards.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 786 viewsIllinoisblue

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 07:03 - Jan 16 by tiptreeblue

Worst display of passing ever, REALLY?

And you reckon you admire the other person for willing to look on the bright side, I suggest you are willing to look for the negatives a little too much

Not really the worst ever, but it was bad. We go again

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Didn't think we were that bad today. on 18:00 - Jan 16 with 679 viewsSaleAway

My view on yesterday, having had time to consider it. We weren't by any stretch awful... We controlled large portions of the game. As often though, we struggled to create. Its obvious that overlapping wing backs is what we're aiming for, and when we can pull teams out of shape, such as at Gillingham, that can lead to goals. However, the better disciplined teams don't give us that wide space to play into. Yesterday, that translated into very little space for burns and penney to play into. What it did leave, was a lot of space in the inside channel... on numerous occasions Edmundson or Donacien were able to push up into that space, but then they inevitably played the wrong ball. Donacien in particular seemed massively short of confidence or ideas when he did see that space.

I was surprised it took KM so long to change it to be honest. Although we conceded the two goals after the changes, Celina and KVY on the left looked infinitely more dangerous. Celina challenged the channel, and that gave space for KVY to overlap.

Other things... corners were dreadful, until we started taking them short, when we suddenly created uncertainty. Aluko always looks like he's trying to create, even if it doesn't come off. His curling effort I thought for all money was in, when he hit it.

At the end of the day, we probably deserved a point, but been undone by a couple of silly mistakes... Story of ITFC really, but I don't think it was a bad a performance as some people made out

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024