Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to be cheerful - report from game 22:29 - Jan 15 with 1135 viewsjasondozzell

Would have been great to have made it 3 from 3 and closed the gap to the top 6 but still saw lots of positives.

We started like at Gillingham and were excellent for first 20 or so. Enjoy watching technically able players interchanging and moving it intelligently. Aluko is becoming my favourite player. So good with ball at feet.
Bolton looked unable to deal with us. Then suddenly we seemed to lose our way. Still not quite sure why, but we had less time and we started to get a bit nervy and panicky. We got quite bunched in the middle and Morsy and Evans started to lose control.

I was interested to see how KMac would respond. I quite like how undemonstrative he is on the touchline. He just watched the game and analyses. He did his work at halftime well. Second half we got back on top and we were controlling the game. Bolton started to tire In thought and look a bit ragged. We just couldn't quite turn it into a goal. I actually liked how we were patient and made an effort to slow it down and keep the ball. I know people moan about sideways football but there is a time to control the game too and wait and it looked as if a goal was coming. Then they score twice from errors and game turns.

Kmac comments fair I think. I think he's made a great impact and today, although disappointing, still showed that.

Play offs still possible...

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 1053 viewsFixed_It

Good to know that I wasn't the only one to see some positives.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 23:22 - Jan 15 with 966 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'Bolton looked unable to deal with us'

They were ABLE to deal with us. How many times did we trouble their young keeper who made his debut for them? Not many I'm afraid.

Yes first 10-15 minutes our high pressing and movement off the ball was fine but we somehow gave them an incentive to get into the game and it was Walton who had to save us and what a save it was.
Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 23:24 - Jan 15 with 952 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I didn't think we would make play offs before the game and still dont now, and I have full faith and belief in KMac.

However, I genuinely didn't see any positives in that performance. We were really dire. Oh well, on to accrington

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 587 viewsArnieM

I’d suggest the reason we lost our way after 20 mins or so was because WE were unable to deal with their high pressing game . Eventually they forced us to play our game in our half …. The rest is history as they say !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 569 viewsKeno

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:17 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

I’d suggest the reason we lost our way after 20 mins or so was because WE were unable to deal with their high pressing game . Eventually they forced us to play our game in our half …. The rest is history as they say !

Its like groundhog match, again

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 561 viewschrismakin

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 23:22 - Jan 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Bolton looked unable to deal with us'

They were ABLE to deal with us. How many times did we trouble their young keeper who made his debut for them? Not many I'm afraid.

Yes first 10-15 minutes our high pressing and movement off the ball was fine but we somehow gave them an incentive to get into the game and it was Walton who had to save us and what a save it was.

The same was said after the Sunderland away game 2nd half where people said Sunderland couldn't cope with us and then scored 2.

They did cope. They allowed us to have the ball knowing we weren't doing anything with it. Bolton did the same and with with same result.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 523 viewsDarth_Koont

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 10:28 - Jan 16 by chrismakin

The same was said after the Sunderland away game 2nd half where people said Sunderland couldn't cope with us and then scored 2.

They did cope. They allowed us to have the ball knowing we weren't doing anything with it. Bolton did the same and with with same result.

Sunderland away was a better performance and we had much better chances than them. Just didn’t put them away and then got mugged at the end.

Although that was uncharacteristic for Cook’s team. Probably the only time we didn’t get the result a good performance deserved.

We weren’t at the races yesterday in the final third and that helped Bolton grow into the game. People might point at defensive mishaps but arguably our streakiness and stuttering in attack has been our biggest problem this season. It would be nice to find a happy medium where we more regularly convert pressure and possession into chances rather than the feast or famine we seem to get.

Pronouns: He/Him

Reasons to be cheerful - report from game on 11:32 - Jan 16 with 467 viewsEly_Blue

But what we all really want to know is was Celina at fault for the first goal?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024