Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moaning Town Fans 10:39 - Jan 16 with 1374 viewsOsborneOneNil

We really do have a lot of moaners here, don’t we!! Rather than erratic highs when we win and dramatic lows when we lose can you not try and stay on a bit of a level, seeing as we are THREE games into the new managers tenure??

Off day. Two errors for their goals. First defeat in 5 games.

Teams have an off day, happens.

Let’s see how we do next game….
Moaning Town Fans on 10:43 - Jan 16 with 1341 viewsHerbivore

Indeed. You'd think the world had ended reading a few of the posts on here. In fairness there's some more balanced posts too, but a few seem to have woken up with moist sheets this morning after what was a disappointing result but not exactly a total disaster. Without two big errors we come out of yesterday with a point and move on. Edmundson and Walton have generally been very reliable so we shouldn't expect that those kind of mistakes will be the norm.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Moaning Town Fans on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 1311 viewsDubtractor

Yep. There was definitely an overreaction the the Gillingham result (an excellent performance in isolation, but just one game), and likewise an overreaction from some yesterday.

It does mean that we need to see a reaction next Saturday, so lets hope we see one!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Moaning Town Fans on 10:54 - Jan 16 with 1295 viewschrismakin

Moaning Town Fans on 10:43 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Indeed. You'd think the world had ended reading a few of the posts on here. In fairness there's some more balanced posts too, but a few seem to have woken up with moist sheets this morning after what was a disappointing result but not exactly a total disaster. Without two big errors we come out of yesterday with a point and move on. Edmundson and Walton have generally been very reliable so we shouldn't expect that those kind of mistakes will be the norm.

Without the individual errors, PC would have won more of his first few games. That's just how it goes unfortunately.

I'm just hoping KM learns from yesterday and does indeed have the knowledge to do something about it over time. The individual errors cost us a point as you say... but we just never threatened as a team.

KM will no doubt do as he says in looking back at the game. I think Ashton and his team needs to review this performance team as it it really coincidental that we get to a third game with a core group of players and after 10 minutes they are knackered.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Moaning Town Fans on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 1252 viewspatrickswell

I think there's a difference between over-reaction and disappointment that - yet again - a decent platform has not been built on with a win against a side that had lost their last five matches.
Moaning Town Fans on 11:08 - Jan 16 with 1243 viewsChurchman

Moaning Town Fans on 10:54 - Jan 16 by chrismakin

Without the individual errors, PC would have won more of his first few games. That's just how it goes unfortunately.

I'm just hoping KM learns from yesterday and does indeed have the knowledge to do something about it over time. The individual errors cost us a point as you say... but we just never threatened as a team.

KM will no doubt do as he says in looking back at the game. I think Ashton and his team needs to review this performance team as it it really coincidental that we get to a third game with a core group of players and after 10 minutes they are knackered.

It amuses me that early last night the team was knackered after 30 min. By snooze time it was knackered after 20 mins, this morning 15 mins and now you are saying 10 mins. I reckon by first afternoon beer we’ll be down to 5 mins, 1 min by teatime and never got out of bed before 8pm.

For the record, these players have played more than 3 games this season. Fitness wise, there was no reset when KM pitched up.

This is ridiculous. You’ve now wheeled in the Performance team and I’ve no doubt Ashton will be wheeled out for a post loss bashing by Monday lunchtime with the Bristol bloke chiming in..

If KM and the team cannot objectively work out what’s required, then we probably need somebody in to check up on how we’ve offended the gods.

We lost a game. Bolton were due a win and we were not at our best. We have no devine right and a long way to go. Do try and exercise a little more patience than three games.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 11:09]
Moaning Town Fans on 11:08 - Jan 16 with 1240 viewsMullet

Moaning Town Fans on 11:05 - Jan 16 by patrickswell

I think there's a difference between over-reaction and disappointment that - yet again - a decent platform has not been built on with a win against a side that had lost their last five matches.

All depends how we do at home next as that can make any wins in the coming away games much more vital. That said I feel the season is basically over so just want to see us evolve as much as possible.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Moaning Town Fans on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 1236 viewsSwansea_Blue

Er, emotions innit. Football would be pretty dull without them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moaning Town Fans on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 1223 viewsKeno

yeah but I want to be in the premiership**

** this is a Hoppy Tribute post

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Moaning Town Fans on 11:14 - Jan 16 with 1208 viewschrismakin

Moaning Town Fans on 11:08 - Jan 16 by Churchman

It amuses me that early last night the team was knackered after 30 min. By snooze time it was knackered after 20 mins, this morning 15 mins and now you are saying 10 mins. I reckon by first afternoon beer we’ll be down to 5 mins, 1 min by teatime and never got out of bed before 8pm.

For the record, these players have played more than 3 games this season. Fitness wise, there was no reset when KM pitched up.

This is ridiculous. You’ve now wheeled in the Performance team and I’ve no doubt Ashton will be wheeled out for a post loss bashing by Monday lunchtime with the Bristol bloke chiming in..

If KM and the team cannot objectively work out what’s required, then we probably need somebody in to check up on how we’ve offended the gods.

We lost a game. Bolton were due a win and we were not at our best. We have no devine right and a long way to go. Do try and exercise a little more patience than three games.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 11:09]

No lack of patience Churchman.

I'm aware these players have played more than 3 games this season....what I'm saying is why do appear to get to 3 games with a core of players involved and then the performance in that game doesn't flow, the amount of errors yesterday was incredible. It wasn't even a press of Bolton that forced some of our errors. Prime example is donaciens pass for the first goal.

I used 10 minutes as a guide as we were out of the blocks really well. Lots of intent. High pressing and all was looking good...the wheels then fell off. Errors started, we became slow and pedestrian and it was quite a lethargic performance overall.

I think it's fair to bring the performance team up based on the above and based on the previous managers misgivings if players and managers can be discussed why can't other areas.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 11:15]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Moaning Town Fans on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewsMattinLondon

Are you moaning about people moaning?
Moaning Town Fans on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 1133 viewsHerbivore

That first paragraph is miles off. We got played off the park by Gillingham in Cook's first match in charge, that wasn't about individual errors, we just didn't show up. The early games under McKenna have, overall, been far more encouraging than Cook's early games in charge. The rest of your post is just repeating some stuff you've heard and a bunch of clichés.

Moaning Town Fans on 11:29 - Jan 16 with 1112 viewschrismakin

Moaning Town Fans on 11:25 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

That first paragraph is miles off. We got played off the park by Gillingham in Cook's first match in charge, that wasn't about individual errors, we just didn't show up. The early games under McKenna have, overall, been far more encouraging than Cook's early games in charge. The rest of your post is just repeating some stuff you've heard and a bunch of clichés.

Wasn't about individual errors? Sears literally came on and gifted them 2 goals lol.

BTW. This isn't a comparison on managers performances, just that individual errors aren't new to us.

The rest isn't hearsay. We didn't threaten. Think everyone agrees there. And KM has said he will go away and look back at the game.. so not hearsay.

The performance team.bit. that's a genuine question. If people aren't wanting to blame the players. And likewise nor the manager.. should the performance team come into the discussion based on the continues drop of performance after a run of games, baring in mind PC confirmed he wasn't happy with it himself. So no nothing above is hearsay.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 11:33]

Moaning Town Fans on 11:32 - Jan 16 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

Moaning Town Fans on 11:29 - Jan 16 by chrismakin

Wasn't about individual errors? Sears literally came on and gifted them 2 goals lol.

BTW. This isn't a comparison on managers performances, just that individual errors aren't new to us.

The rest isn't hearsay. We didn't threaten. Think everyone agrees there. And KM has said he will go away and look back at the game.. so not hearsay.

The performance team.bit. that's a genuine question. If people aren't wanting to blame the players. And likewise nor the manager.. should the performance team come into the discussion based on the continues drop of performance after a run of games, baring in mind PC confirmed he wasn't happy with it himself. So no nothing above is hearsay.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 11:33]

This isn't a comparison on manager's performances? Then why did you literally start your post making comparisons between yesterday and Cook's start here? Your ability to switch positions entirely from one post to the next is quite staggering.

Moaning Town Fans on 11:35 - Jan 16 with 1067 viewschrismakin

Moaning Town Fans on 11:32 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

This isn't a comparison on manager's performances? Then why did you literally start your post making comparisons between yesterday and Cook's start here? Your ability to switch positions entirely from one post to the next is quite staggering.

I didn't. Just said individual errors happen it's just unfortunate. I was agreeing with you.

Moaning Town Fans on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 970 viewsIllinoisblue

Moaning Town Fans on 11:09 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. People * still * seem surprised that fans react badly when we lose.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Moaning Town Fans on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 928 viewsnoggin

I think the last word of the op should read 'season'.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Moaning Town Fans on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 893 viewsDarth_Koont

Moaning Town Fans on 11:09 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

Not so sure.

I find fans’ emotions one of the worst things about football as a sport. Not everyone and every emotion but I find there’s still way too many people who are looking for the team and its fortunes to somehow support them and their emotional well-being.

Other sports have an element of it but in football it gets overly tiring and dull. And it’s enabled far too many utter weapons through the years.

Pronouns: He/Him

Moaning Town Fans on 16:02 - Jan 16 with 734 viewsArnieM

The problem is fans are being accused of being overreact , and it’s early days “ only three games “ ( wasn’t that long ago it was only 20 games into new season with this squad under Cook), but if you look back at comments here from start of season … last season … three seasons before that …. It’s the same problems occurring . Gifting soft goals, unable to create … unable to defend set pieces …. playing the game in our own half predominantly, pedestrian pace etc etc …

New manager ( rookie) …. New infrastructure …. New squad …. All needing a whole season to bed in ( I said this in August !) . But at what point do we stop making the same mistakes ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

To be fair osbourne on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 667 viewsunstableblue

I don’t think anyone is criticising a manager 3 games into his tenure; far from it I think there is rightly unanimous support for McKenna.

I already think/hope he will prove the most astute tactician we have had for a decade.

The only critique I saw was the way he described the game. Which was a little rose tinted… but that’s his job.

Completely agree it was an off day for the players; and they and the manager have the chance to fix in training and go and beat Accrington.

But I personally think that fans have a bit of a right to call out sub-par performances across these players. McKenna set us up right, we came out and dominated for 20 mins (but with limited threat), but when Bolton ratcheted up, we dropped back a bit and critically stopped pushing and becoming error strewn. Then the Bolton crowd got into the game.

Same players, same issues, is it not fair to call that out? If he can’t criticise Evans, Penney, hell even Burns for that display?!

My hope is McKenna will create a system and ethos that allows to carry a few off day performances, but not 5 or 6.

Finally and the big risk for Accrington is whether our players stop being bold as we were against Wycombe and Gillingham, go into our shell, that’s been this squads problem after several moments of promise!

But you’re right let’s move on.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024