Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners - a question 14:13 - Jan 16 with 774 viewsHARRY10

Is there any meaning or even some unknown (by us) code to the taker raising one hand before the ball is kicked. I have seen both hands raised, and yet the ball lands the same, or not

No real connect

And is it not time to enlarge the distance or that arc ? Every player now places the ball as far out as possible.

When the laws of the game were drawn up there was nothing to stop a long run up - and, why are corner flags no longer removed ?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 14:25]
Corners - a question on 14:35 - Jan 16 with 722 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think there is a standard code which all teams use which means they may as well shout loudly "sticking this one on the pen spot unless I miskick it yet again"!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Corners - a question on 14:38 - Jan 16 with 717 viewswkj

AFAIK It is to signal the players in the box to start their runs. Different variations can signal different posts in some cases.

As for the corners flags not being removed, I guess that is to do with the ball being allowed to be placed outside of the corner line, rather than inside of it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Corners - a question on 15:17 - Jan 16 with 642 viewsHARRY10

Corners - a question on 14:38 - Jan 16 by wkj

AFAIK It is to signal the players in the box to start their runs. Different variations can signal different posts in some cases.

As for the corners flags not being removed, I guess that is to do with the ball being allowed to be placed outside of the corner line, rather than inside of it.

eh yes, the taker moving to kick the ball would not indicate that he is about to kick the ball..... I see

my only thought on removing the flag would be that when would it be OK to replace it ?
Corners - a question on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 631 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corners - a question on 15:17 - Jan 16 by HARRY10

eh yes, the taker moving to kick the ball would not indicate that he is about to kick the ball..... I see

my only thought on removing the flag would be that when would it be OK to replace it ?

I believe the match should not continue without a corner flag in place so before the taker kicks the ball!

Corners - a question on 15:25 - Jan 16 with 622 viewsHARRY10

Corners - a question on 15:21 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe the match should not continue without a corner flag in place so before the taker kicks the ball!

that would make sense - as if the ball came back and went out of play close to where the flag was.... problems

double the size of the arc

it would not give any real advantage, and ensure there was not the question of whether the ball is in (the arc)
Corners - a question on 15:27 - Jan 16 with 617 viewsTrequartista

Yes, i know all the codes. Raising one hand means "i'm about to take a corner".

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Corners - a question on 15:27 - Jan 16 with 613 viewswkj

Corners - a question on 15:17 - Jan 16 by HARRY10

When you have that many players in the box, you're not always able to see that motion.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 15:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Corners - a question on 15:28 - Jan 16 with 612 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corners - a question on 15:25 - Jan 16 by HARRY10

that would make sense - as if the ball came back and went out of play close to where the flag was.... problems

it would not give any real advantage, and ensure there was not the question of whether the ball is in (the arc)

Why? No one has a problem kicking the ball with the rule as it stands do they? The arc is perfectly fine the size it is.

Login to get fewer ads

Corners - a question on 15:30 - Jan 16 with 607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corners - a question on 15:28 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why? No one has a problem kicking the ball with the rule as it stands do they? The arc is perfectly fine the size it is.

A better question might be why doesn't the taker take it from overhanging both the quadrant line and the side of the pitch to gain a slight extra angle on it?

Corners - a question on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 571 viewssohamblue74

One arm raised for near post and two arms raised for far post I believe...
Corners - a question on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 569 viewsHARRY10

Corners - a question on 15:28 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

no it is not, it is a hangover from 120 years

and there is the constant start stop of platers being asked to move the ball back
Corners - a question on 19:14 - Jan 16 with 498 viewsRadlett_blue

Corners - a question on 15:25 - Jan 16 by HARRY10

However large you make the quadrant, professional footballers will always place the ball as near to the edge as possible. Players routinely steal 10 yards at every throw-in, but as everyone does it, referees have given up on enforcing the laws, unless you steal 15 yards.
One small positive is the "vanishing spray" as defenders would often be about 5 yards away from the ball when a free kick was taken.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024