Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
...no matter how bad it is, they never boo the badge or the shirt 16:02 - Jan 16 with 623 viewsDurovigutum

"It’s been too long without success. I know that,” he says. “I remember flying back to the UK from Thailand to watch the (2009) FA Cup final against Chelsea and it was just so disappointing. We got so close, but even that feels like a long time ago.

“So I understand the frustration. But it reminds me of a time when I was managing and I went to Argentina to watch a few players. I was with someone at a derby game watching Newell’s Old Boys and they ended up going 3-0 down. I’m looking around and the Newell’s fans are still bouncing around and singing.

“I was like, ‘What’s going on here?!’ – the guy I was with said that during a game, no matter how bad it is, they never boo the badge or the shirt. Maybe after the game, they’ll let their feelings be known but during it, they don’t boo. Perhaps there’s something in that.”

Peter Reid talking about Everton in The Athletic
...no matter how bad it is, they never boo the badge or the shirt on 16:10 - Jan 16 with 575 viewsMullet

Just makes me think of the difference in psychology that takes. It’s never happen here would it? We had people joining in with the budgies not that long ago after all. Look at the blubbing that followed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024