Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... 08:29 - Jan 17 with 2177 viewsitfcjoe

...player availability.

Guess how many players Arsenal have who have tested positive for Covid?

One.

Yes, that is right - just one player unavailable due to covid. But alongside some injuries and players at AFCON the PL agreed to postpone the game.

Bayern Munich had an outbreak, and last week they named a bench where there wasn't one single player on it who had previously played in the Bundesliga.

Arsenal played Liverpool on Thursday in League Cup, and their U21s hammered Chelsea in the Papa Johns Trophy the night before - mental. No wonder Spurs are fuming

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:53 - Jan 17 with 1762 viewschrismakin

Wolves named 2 x GK's on their bench on the weekend too just to help keep the game on

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:55 - Jan 17 with 1750 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Didn't they send 2 youngsters off on loan as well? Pathetic isn't it.
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:58 - Jan 17 with 1739 viewshomer_123

Leeds had 11 first team players out injured on Thursday last week....named a bench of youngsters and turned West Ham over at the weekend.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:58 - Jan 17 with 1735 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, because lets all batter Arsenal when EVERY Prem club has done it so far.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 with 1724 viewsKieran_Knows

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:55 - Jan 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Didn't they send 2 youngsters off on loan as well? Pathetic isn't it.

You mean Balogun? The player they had to use on the first game of the season when the Prem refused to cancel the game when they had 6 COVID cases, took a battering at Brentford and everyone jumped on the bandwagon how sh*t Arsenal were when they had a seriously depleted side that day?

I don't understand why they're getting such a hammering from the press when the Prem has set the precedent these past few weeks with all the other clubs.

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 with 1719 viewshype313

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:58 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

To be fair, when Arsenal did have a outbreak on the first game of the season against Brentford, the game had to go ahead, then Xmas came and clubs were postponing games left, right and centre.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:00 - Jan 17 with 1712 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:58 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

They are all as bad as each other. But have Leeds done it? Named a bench of youngsters yesterday.
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:01 - Jan 17 with 1710 viewsKieran_Knows

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 by hype313

To be fair, when Arsenal did have a outbreak on the first game of the season against Brentford, the game had to go ahead, then Xmas came and clubs were postponing games left, right and centre.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Arsenal have been one of the only sides carrying on games when they've had injuries/COVID cases over Xmas!!

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 1622 viewsJon_456

The problem here is the Premier League, no problem with Arsenal.

Absolutely mental that the PL agreed to it.
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:11 - Jan 17 with 1600 viewstractordownsouth

I’m furious. I used my free hit on fantasy football for the double gameweek, brought in a load of Spurs players and captained Harry Kane.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:12 - Jan 17 with 1595 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

You mean Balogun? The player they had to use on the first game of the season when the Prem refused to cancel the game when they had 6 COVID cases, took a battering at Brentford and everyone jumped on the bandwagon how sh*t Arsenal were when they had a seriously depleted side that day?

I don't understand why they're getting such a hammering from the press when the Prem has set the precedent these past few weeks with all the other clubs.

Did you get annoyed when Lincoln/ Gillingham called their game off against us? Cos its the same thing really isn't it?

I dont care much about Arsenal or the premier league in general, which is why my knowledge is a bit thin. But it doesn't seem right what's going on in the Premier league in general. Burnley cancelling their game as well after they sold Chris wood is just as bad. It all needs resetting with clear rules because at the moment it's a sh1t show.

BTW my annoyance is with the prem, not arsenal.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 9:13]
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:30 - Jan 17 with 1503 viewsChrisd

Yes, it so wrong and Arsenal are one of a number of sides that are or have taken the p*ss out of this rule because they haven't got their strongest side available. They aren't the only ones, but we all know full well they will play Liverpool this week in the return leg of the League Cup because they'd rather play them without Sane and Salah as they'd give themselves a better chance of making it to the final. It looks so wrong, but we all know it! I don't think Leeds United have been completely innocent in all of this, but it was great yesterday that they had so many young lads involved and even playing and still beat a very strong West Ham side.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 1485 viewsChurchman

Nothing against Arsenal but that’s ridiculous. Any club - if they can field 11 players and 2 subs they should play. They have youth players. They can play them. If they chose to loan out players (over 50 by Man City and Chelsea) that’s their choice. Those players count on their roster as far as I’m concerned. If it hammers the loan market, good.
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:38 - Jan 17 with 1406 viewsFixed_It

You seem very protective over Arsenal. Do I get the feeling you might have a 'second team'?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:43 - Jan 17 with 1373 viewsKieran_Knows

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:38 - Jan 17 by Fixed_It

You seem very protective over Arsenal. Do I get the feeling you might have a 'second team'?

Yes, Arsenal are very much a team I like. My Dad is a massive Arsenal fan (used to be a ST holder at Highbury back in the day), so growing up until the age of around 9-10 I supported them. Then my Auntie decided enough was enough and started taking me to PR and I've been hooked ever since.

Not afraid to admit that!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 9:46]

My family are all Spurs fans..... on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 1330 viewsBloots

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:43 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, Arsenal are very much a team I like. My Dad is a massive Arsenal fan (used to be a ST holder at Highbury back in the day), so growing up until the age of around 9-10 I supported them. Then my Auntie decided enough was enough and started taking me to PR and I've been hooked ever since.

Not afraid to admit that!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 9:46]

...do you want some?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 1319 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Took a 4 point hit to bring Kane in on FPL too, fuming

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

My family are all Spurs fans..... on 09:47 - Jan 17 with 1311 viewsKieran_Knows

My family are all Spurs fans..... on 09:46 - Jan 17 by Bloots

...do you want some?

Ha, not for me, but I'll be sure to let my old man know!

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 09:53 - Jan 17 with 1276 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Highlights yet again that those that run the game are incapable of doing so.

Should be a really straightforward set of rules to apply. Prove you have x number of positive covid cases and in the case of Arsenal unless it's about 40 then the game can go ahead.
Yeah, I'll do the same..... on 09:54 - Jan 17 with 1262 viewsBloots

My family are all Spurs fans..... on 09:47 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

Ha, not for me, but I'll be sure to let my old man know!

...he's a 78 year old diabetic with severe gout, angina and he's blind in one eye.

I don't fancy his chances to be honest.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 1177 viewshoppy

EVERY club has had a game postponed at their request?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 1026 viewsitfcjoe

I've been battering Liverpool for it too previously - but a big 6 club with as many players they do cancelling a game with one case of covid is just beyond a joke

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 928 viewsLankHenners

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 11:08 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

I've been battering Liverpool for it too previously - but a big 6 club with as many players they do cancelling a game with one case of covid is just beyond a joke

And to be fair every club has been criticised when they've done it, it just seems that the ones with the most sensitive fanbases - Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle - have kicked off about the criticism.

This was always going to happen though - the PL should have been proactive and said 'these are the rules, stick to them' rather than going case by case as the current situation was the inevitable outcome.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 909 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I Don’t blame Arsenal at all.. they’ve (until now) been a good example and suffered from others abusing the system so I don’t them for asking the question.

It is Farcical that squads of 25 plus all their youth players… that they are happy to field in the EFL and FA cups that they can’t cobble together a team.

The Newcastle one set the example though.. immediately after the game that Wilson got injured Howe said they couldn’t play again 4 days later.. the only difference was 1 injury, not Covid but it was allowed 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Liverpool false positives and Tuchel constantly bleating about it when he can still have a subs bench full of internationals and European and champions league winners.. their subs bench will still cost more than some starting 11s yet he wants to postpone games..
Arsenal v Spurs yesterday was postponed due to Arsenal.... on 13:03 - Jan 17 with 808 viewsBloomBlue

True although i though what really upset Spurs was in the list of unavailable players Arsenal include the one who was sent off in their last league game. Spurs complaint is why should players suspended because of red cards be allowed to be included as unavailable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024