Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD crypto posse. 13:31 - Jan 17 with 1130 viewsBlueBadger

A short story in four parts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 1082 viewsfooters

Unless they actually make Jodorowsky's Dune, not interested. Wonder how much Dalí's resurrection would cost?

NFTs are proof that fools and gold are easily parted.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 1052 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:36 - Jan 17 by footers

Unless they actually make Jodorowsky's Dune, not interested. Wonder how much Dalí's resurrection would cost?

NFTs are proof that fools and gold are easily parted.

What was that football stock market thing that loads of people lost money on? I'm willing to bet there's at least a few who fell for that have fallen for NFTs/Crypto hard.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:45 - Jan 17 with 1038 viewsJ2BLUE

My crypto gambles have not paid off...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:47 - Jan 17 with 1042 viewsfooters

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:41 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

What was that football stock market thing that loads of people lost money on? I'm willing to bet there's at least a few who fell for that have fallen for NFTs/Crypto hard.

Football Index.

I actually work for the proper market equivalent and can't tire of stressing how bad an idea it is to get involved in such things if you don't know what you're doing.

The fact that not so long ago nomal people were able to trade cryptos on leverage is madness. Yeah, an asset with a 50k mkt cap which can move +30% in a day... what could go wrong?!

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:50 - Jan 17 with 1019 viewsJ2BLUE

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:47 - Jan 17 by footers

Football Index.

I actually work for the proper market equivalent and can't tire of stressing how bad an idea it is to get involved in such things if you don't know what you're doing.

The fact that not so long ago nomal people were able to trade cryptos on leverage is madness. Yeah, an asset with a 50k mkt cap which can move +30% in a day... what could go wrong?!

I think it's ok if people know it's gambling rather than investing.

My crypto 'assets' have been smashed. Knew it was likely. Oh well. There's one of them I remain hopeful will eventually do something but it's pretty unlikely.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:52 - Jan 17 with 1014 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:47 - Jan 17 by footers

Football Index.

Someone I know has given up his job as a teacher/head of year at a senior school to trade cryptocurrency with their house deposit whilst they move back into their parents annex with 3 kids under 5.....

He must have balls of steel in many respects, but I just can't see how you can make enough with what is no doubt quite a few thousand (£30-40k at a guess) to cover what would be that as a salary and having to make monthly withdrawals to draw a wage?

Sure some people are making lots with it, but I just couldn't go near it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:57 - Jan 17 with 976 viewsfooters

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:50 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

I think it's ok if people know it's gambling rather than investing.

My crypto 'assets' have been smashed. Knew it was likely. Oh well. There's one of them I remain hopeful will eventually do something but it's pretty unlikely.

Buying cryptos cash 1-1, yeah no issue. Trading BTC on leverage is fcked up, even as an institutional investor.

Wider point was people just saying 'I've got £Xk in savings - why not give FX trading a try? No clue what it is but what's the harm?'

Unless you know about markets, I'd strongly advise people against leveraged trading. Get an ISA or something and let the professionals manage your hard-earned. Don't look at trading as gambling either. Invest the time to gain the knowledge or go down Will Hill instead.

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:00 - Jan 17 with 975 viewsfooters

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:52 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Someone I know has given up his job as a teacher/head of year at a senior school to trade cryptocurrency with their house deposit whilst they move back into their parents annex with 3 kids under 5.....

He must have balls of steel in many respects, but I just can't see how you can make enough with what is no doubt quite a few thousand (£30-40k at a guess) to cover what would be that as a salary and having to make monthly withdrawals to draw a wage?

Put it this way, there's a reason the market analysts I work with still have a day job and aren't all chilling on a beach somewhere.

Your friend sounds to be on a very dangerous path in what is a notoriously volatile marketplace.

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 936 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:00 - Jan 17 by footers

Put it this way, there's a reason the market analysts I work with still have a day job and aren't all chilling on a beach somewhere.

Your friend sounds to be on a very dangerous path in what is a notoriously volatile marketplace.

Yep, and having a job which gives you 13 weeks a year where you aren't tied to times of work and able to trade freely during the day presumably is a pretty good compromise when that comes with a decent guaranteed salary

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 906 viewsIllinoisblue

TWTD crypto posse. on 13:52 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

If you can, let us know how he gets on. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:19 - Jan 17 with 906 viewsfooters

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:11 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Yep, and having a job which gives you 13 weeks a year where you aren't tied to times of work and able to trade freely during the day presumably is a pretty good compromise when that comes with a decent guaranteed salary

Not really as it goes! Markets are reflective of people generally and so school holidays, summer etc usually mean thin volumes and jumpy, unexplainable moves.

If I were him I'd take the 13 weeks a year holiday job and treat crypto trading as the icing on the cake, as I'm sure most would. At this point it sounds an outright gamble, especially considering the volatility and proliferation of altcoins.

But maybe pass this book on on recommendation:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:22 - Jan 17 with 891 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:18 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

If you can, let us know how he gets on. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'll only get updates through my wife and her knowledge of cryptocurrency would probably make me look like Elon Musk so can't vouch for the accuracy of any future reports!

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:25 - Jan 17 with 875 viewsitfcjoe

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:19 - Jan 17 by footers

Not really as it goes! Markets are reflective of people generally and so school holidays, summer etc usually mean thin volumes and jumpy, unexplainable moves.

If I were him I'd take the 13 weeks a year holiday job and treat crypto trading as the icing on the cake, as I'm sure most would. At this point it sounds an outright gamble, especially considering the volatility and proliferation of altcoins.

But maybe pass this book on on recommendation:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bitcoin-Standard-Decentralized-Alternative-Central/dp/1

I totally agree, you've surely got to eat into your capital too much on a monthly basis for the cost of living to make it worthwhile - having to make almost double digit percentage increases every month is just unsustainable for any real time.

I should invest my meagre savings better, but when it is a genuine rainy day fund you can't play about with it like some seem so intent on doing - guess it's probably linked in a way to poor jobs, rising inflations, etc that people feel the need to try and beat the system

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:27 - Jan 17 with 858 viewsIllinoisblue

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:22 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

I'll only get updates through my wife and her knowledge of cryptocurrency would probably make me look like Elon Musk so can't vouch for the accuracy of any future reports!

Ha! Good luck to the fella for taking the risk but man, kids and house deposits and job security… that’s a heck of a gamble.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:58 - Jan 17 with 757 viewsmutters

The problem with people is that they get greedy. They see the markets rising, jump in without a plan and then wonder why they've got stung. No longer is 20% rise in a few days acceptable for people want to 10x or 20x their money.

Crypto markets have taken a hammering recently, but there are still opportunities to be as with volatility comes the chance to buy and sell and bank profit. However it comes back to the old adage of doing you own research which most don't.

I am a fan of crypto, have been involved for 5+ years now but NFTs are still something I don't really get. Aside from them utilising the same underlying technology (Blockchain) they are not the same thing and I would struggle to know what's a decent investment and what isn't.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

TWTD crypto posse. on 18:49 - Jan 17 with 602 viewsKievthegreat

TWTD crypto posse. on 14:27 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

Ha! Good luck to the fella for taking the risk but man, kids and house deposits and job security… that’s a heck of a gamble.

It's crazy. I've dabbled and made some money (£2k), but that included mining which obviously gives less per month (hardly anything at all now), but didn't risk any capital as I already owned the graphics card.

My friend did a lot more trading and for a spell he hit good percentages. Problem is in order to make a living off it (while it lasts), he'd need to put in so much money to make a reasonable return to live on, grow his pot, ride out bad times that he would be bonkers to risk it when he has a mortgage and a young family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024