Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? 15:28 - Jan 17 with 1190 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Our bills seem to be through the roof, even taking the energy crisis into account. We only have leccy, and our units of usage are 361, 476, 476, 727 for the last 4 months. Do they seem high for a one bed flat or are anyone else's looking similar to this baring in mind the size of property?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 17:04 - Jan 17 with 1035 viewsTheBlueGnu

I'm not sure of our average, however, I can say that the late actor Danny O'Dea, Eli in Last of the Summer Wine, used to be very cautious with his usage.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 991 viewsmikeybloo88

I have a 4 bed house with 3-4 people..our average monthly usage is 460 over a year. This doesn’t include heating, which is oil. Yours seems high but is your heating electric?
Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 940 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 17:23 - Jan 17 by mikeybloo88

I have a 4 bed house with 3-4 people..our average monthly usage is 460 over a year. This doesn’t include heating, which is oil. Yours seems high but is your heating electric?

yeah, everything's electric

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 19:42 - Jan 17 with 865 viewsfactual_blue

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 17:56 - Jan 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

yeah, everything's electric

Including friends?

Are they electric?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 19:52 - Jan 17 with 847 viewsRyorry

3-bed house renovated 2013 with good insulation, in fairly exposed location -

427 Oct
414 Nov
444 Dec

No gas, but CH is from biomass (woodpellets) boiler.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 22:23 - Jan 17 with 701 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 19:42 - Jan 17 by factual_blue

Including friends?

Are they electric?

Yes, replicants, but their cars are petrol.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 645 viewsN2_Blue

Seems like a lot of leccy to me.

We have a 2 bed semi detached house for 2 adults and seem to average about 250 units a month

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 01:57 - Jan 18 with 576 viewsBroomy99

National average consumption for electricity is 2,900kwh per annum

This we would expect to see coupled with a gas consumption figure in the region of 12,000kwh per annum (according to the average) but in my experience average gas is nearer 15,000kwh and the average must be skewed by something.

If a 1 bed flat has electric only (storage heaters) then I’d expect nearer 5,000kwh and an economy 7 tariff. As a rule of thumb to benefit from economy 7 one would need to use a third or more of their electricity at night.
Login to get fewer ads

Electricity usage... just wondering what everyone's is like/what's an average? on 01:57 - Jan 18 with 575 viewsBroomy99

PS. The energy crisis hasn’t even started yet. Give it 6 months and your bills will be double!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024