Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great stuff from Murray 08:10 - Jan 18 with 790 viewsStokieBlue

Great to see him playing so well against seeded players back at the Aussie open.

Given this issues he's faced and the metal hip it's incredible stuff.

Must be annoying for those seeds expecting "easier" matches in the early rounds to come up against an unseeded Murray playing at a good level.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Great stuff from Murray on 08:51 - Jan 18 with 733 viewstonybied

Agreed. It's great to see glimpses of the Murray of old.

The trouble is, unfortunately, I think that will have taken a lot of of him and I fully expect that he'll lose convincingly in the next round. His recovery from his operation has been impressive but his fitness levels have just not recovered since.
Great stuff from Murray on 09:12 - Jan 18 with 696 viewsSaleAway

Great stuff from Murray on 08:51 - Jan 18 by tonybied

Agreed. It's great to see glimpses of the Murray of old.

The trouble is, unfortunately, I think that will have taken a lot of of him and I fully expect that he'll lose convincingly in the next round. His recovery from his operation has been impressive but his fitness levels have just not recovered since.

I think he might be ok for the next round... he played every day last week without too much problem, and he'll get a day off now. He's also playing world 120, so it should be a bit easier than today.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Great stuff from Murray on 09:44 - Jan 20 with 568 viewstonybied

Great stuff from Murray on 09:12 - Jan 18 by SaleAway

I think he might be ok for the next round... he played every day last week without too much problem, and he'll get a day off now. He's also playing world 120, so it should be a bit easier than today.

I don't like being that man, but...I told you so!
Great stuff from Murray on 10:04 - Jan 20 with 537 viewsSaleAway

Great stuff from Murray on 09:44 - Jan 20 by tonybied

I don't like being that man, but...I told you so!

I was just about to come on and comment.... fair call.... was surprised that Daniel was able to play at the consistently high level he did for the 3 sets... Murray appeared more mentally tired that physically tired though. It was a strange performance. As you say, they've become more common since his recovery, and it may just be physicality issues. Interesting to see if he can improve it with a run of matches, or if this is actually where he is now.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Great stuff from Murray on 12:36 - Jan 20 with 466 viewsChrisd

It is amazing to see him playing the level of tennis he is, however I feel the Grand Slams over 5 sets are too much for him now as he hasn't got the time for his body to recover between matches. I can't class him as a serious contender anymore and I do worry about the long term impact it might have on him. The ATP tour events over 3 sets are far more realistic. If he's still enjoying his tennis, which he clearly is, he should play as long as he can if his body can stand up to it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Great stuff from Murray on 12:43 - Jan 20 with 441 viewsMaySixth

Lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024