Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah well 11:44 - Jan 18 with 2995 viewschicoazul

Keep worrying about parties and lying to parliament I suppose.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ah well on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 1412 viewsGuthrum

That is the problem. There are a number of extremely urgent issues in the offing (poverty, energy prices, Ukraine, etc.), all of which are being ignored as the Government writhes around in a crisis of its own making.

That's the main reason we need change soon, so as to move on with other things. Johnson and his antics have become too much of a distraction.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 11:51]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ah well on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 1401 viewsZx1988

It all forms part of the same rich tapestry of corruption, ineptitude, and general disdain for anyone who isn't white, English, and upper-middle class.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ah well on 11:56 - Jan 18 with 1356 viewsHARRY10

It might come as a bit of a surprise to you, but some of us are quite capable of focussing on more than one thing at a time.

Still, at least you have something the Tories can claim they have increased since they came to power. Must have you giving your 'forelock' a good tug.
Ah well on 12:07 - Jan 18 with 1303 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic dig because you look silly in the other thread.

Most people are able to think about more than one issue at a time. Perhaps not having a massive liar in power would mean that things like this could actually be focused on and addressed with more accuracy by politicians.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ah well on 12:10 - Jan 18 with 1273 viewsHerbivore

It's not an either/or, stop being such a div.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ah well on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 1264 viewsPlums

Who has been in power since 2012?
There is literally nobody else to blame for the state of this country and in particular its plummeting demise since the heady days of the London Olympics.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 12:12]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Ah well on 12:18 - Jan 18 with 1227 viewslowhouseblue

Ah well on 11:47 - Jan 18 by Zx1988

It all forms part of the same rich tapestry of corruption, ineptitude, and general disdain for anyone who isn't white, English, and upper-middle class.

in terms of the white bit, you do realise that this is the most diverse cabinet ever and the most diverse executive in europe? and that the proportion of bame meps went down after brexit?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ah well on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 1185 viewsHerbivore

Ah well on 12:18 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

in terms of the white bit, you do realise that this is the most diverse cabinet ever and the most diverse executive in europe? and that the proportion of bame meps went down after brexit?

And?

Login to get fewer ads

Ah well on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 1189 viewsXYZ

Just back from volunteering at the foodbank?

Or just chasing the TWTD Edgelord of the Year 2022 award?
Ah well on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 1185 viewschicoazul

Ah well on 12:10 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

It's not an either/or, stop being such a div.

I’m saying the vanishingly few people who do care about parties and whatnot are falling for the same grift theyve fallen for for years. Look at this over here! Not that over there!

But yeah I see what you mean, absol loads of threads in here lately about child poverty. I have Jerseys on ignore though so I guess that must be his new campaign and I haven’t seen it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Ah well on 12:24 - Jan 18 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

Ah well on 12:23 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

I’m saying the vanishingly few people who do care about parties and whatnot are falling for the same grift theyve fallen for for years. Look at this over here! Not that over there!

But yeah I see what you mean, absol loads of threads in here lately about child poverty. I have Jerseys on ignore though so I guess that must be his new campaign and I haven’t seen it.

Karen and Mark don't care about child poverty.

Ah well on 12:25 - Jan 18 with 1157 viewschicoazul

Ah well on 12:07 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Pathetic dig because you look silly in the other thread.

Most people are able to think about more than one issue at a time. Perhaps not having a massive liar in power would mean that things like this could actually be focused on and addressed with more accuracy by politicians.

SB

Yes of course there were no children in poverty when Brown left office. As if it makes an iota of difference as long as so many people choose to look away.

Ah well on 12:26 - Jan 18 with 1147 viewschicoazul

Ah well on 12:24 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Karen and Mark don't care about child poverty.

You and I agree on that. But why don’t they?

Ah well on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 1070 viewsHerbivore

Ah well on 12:26 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

You and I agree on that. But why don’t they?

Because many people are inherently selfish. If they aren't impacted by poverty then they care more about protecting what they have so they don't end up in poverty than they do about trying to eradicate poverty entirely. It's also why Karen and Mark care about Partygate, because they were sticking to the rules and feel affronted that those making the rules weren't doing the same. For all that you throw the accusation at others, I don't think you really understand what makes people tick at all.

Given that you see any attempts by government to create more material equality as being pervasive forms of Marxism, I'm surprised to see that you actually care about child poverty to be honest.

Ah well on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 1003 viewsleitrimblue

Ah well on 12:18 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

The most diverse cabinet ever and it's as white and middle class as Bentley bowls club.
Ah well on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 999 viewsHerbivore

Ah well on 12:50 - Jan 18 by leitrimblue

The most diverse cabinet ever and it's as white and middle class as Bentley bowls club.

He seems to be going for the political equivalent of "I can't be racist, one of my mates is black!".

Ah well on 12:52 - Jan 18 with 980 viewsBlueBadger

Ah well on 12:23 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

The great words of Anders Brevik quoted here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ah well on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 978 viewslowhouseblue

Ah well on 12:50 - Jan 18 by leitrimblue

well the white bits not true. 18% bame, so in that sense considerably more diverse than the uk population. is bentley bowls club 18% bame?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ah well on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 970 viewsBlueBadger

Ah well on 12:32 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Because many people are inherently selfish. If they aren't impacted by poverty then they care more about protecting what they have so they don't end up in poverty than they do about trying to eradicate poverty entirely. It's also why Karen and Mark care about Partygate, because they were sticking to the rules and feel affronted that those making the rules weren't doing the same. For all that you throw the accusation at others, I don't think you really understand what makes people tick at all.

Given that you see any attempts by government to create more material equality as being pervasive forms of Marxism, I'm surprised to see that you actually care about child poverty to be honest.

He doesn't. It's yet another pathetic attempt to look edgy since Phil came down hard on him quoting terrorists.

With all the Makin and Paz tribute acts we have here, Chico's decided there's a gap in the market for an ElephantinthePunditryroom tribute act.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ah well on 12:55 - Jan 18 with 959 viewsBlueBadger

Ah well on 12:56 - Jan 18 with 957 viewslowhouseblue

Ah well on 12:51 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

He seems to be going for the political equivalent of "I can't be racist, one of my mates is black!".

just posting facts. sorry. in any other context we would all agree it's something to be proud of.

Ah well on 12:56 - Jan 18 with 944 viewsBlueBadger

Ah well on 12:51 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

You can be guaranteed that Boris has them down as 'some of the good ones'.

Ah well on 12:57 - Jan 18 with 940 viewschicoazul

Ah well on 12:32 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Well without putting words in his mouth I think Koont and I would agree on the problem. Our cures would probably be wildly different though. For instance one of my cures for child poverty in this country would be to create many grammar schools. Another would be to build nuclear power stations. Both of which would be imvho sensible and conservative.
I think I understand better than you simply by virtue of how you and others always seem so surprised and disappointed at the direction this country chooses when it gets to choose (not that it is much of a choice). I never am. The capacity of the English rump to vote against their own interests never surprises me because I understand the people and the forces aligned against them.

Ah well on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 930 viewsHerbivore

Ah well on 12:56 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

just posting facts. sorry. in any other context we would all agree it's something to be proud of.

Alternatively, some of us aren't impressed by tokenism and look at the words and deeds of the government instead.

Ah well on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 909 viewslowhouseblue

Ah well on 12:58 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

Alternatively, some of us aren't impressed by tokenism and look at the words and deeds of the government instead.

calling bame cabinet members 'tokenism' verges on racism.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024