Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons 12:39 - Jan 19 with 2609 viewsElderGrizzly

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:43 - Jan 19 with 1863 viewsGlasgowBlue

2019 Tory MP defects to Labour by GlasgowBlue 19 Jan 2022 12:38
David Davis has done a Geoffrey Howe on him.

Davis is about as close as a big beast the Tories have these days. Completely different than a nomark 2019 backbencher calling on him to go.

That was the starting gun for a leadership race.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 1841 viewsElderGrizzly

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:43 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Davis is about as close as a big beast the Tories have these days. Completely different than a nomark 2019 backbencher calling on him to go.

Indeed. I guess we don't have to guess to the senior source for some journalists now...

The question/set-up in it's full glory

[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 12:46]
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:45 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsfooters

I may have missed it but why has no one asked about the fast-track procurement ruling?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 1731 viewsMerseyBlue

It genuinely looked like it floored Johnson. He seems to have recovered a bit now in the covid update but then he has a bit more scope to waffle.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:57 - Jan 19 with 1628 viewsvilanovablue

Feels like Boris is done, when heavyweight (ish) comes at you like this you know you are losing control of your party.
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:02 - Jan 19 with 1569 viewsPinewoodblue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:45 - Jan 19 by footers

I may have missed it but why has no one asked about the fast-track procurement ruling?

Because the opposition leader was more interested in kicking a dead horse. You could also have mentioned inflation level, compared to pension and benefit increases due in April.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 1526 viewsfooters

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:02 - Jan 19 by Pinewoodblue

Because the opposition leader was more interested in kicking a dead horse. You could also have mentioned inflation level, compared to pension and benefit increases due in April.

Would have gone for a covid feck up smorgasbord of questions myself. As you say, asking six, nay twelve or more, questions on the same thing isn't really bearing much fruit.

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:12 - Jan 19 with 1501 viewsHerbivore

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:43 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

The absolute state of the Tories when David Davis is considered to be a big beast.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 1483 viewsgiant_stow

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:08 - Jan 19 by footers

Would have gone for a covid feck up smorgasbord of questions myself. As you say, asking six, nay twelve or more, questions on the same thing isn't really bearing much fruit.

Seems wise to drum the point of the moment home to me. There'll be plenty of time to cover inflation etc in the weeks to come surely?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:18 - Jan 19 with 1463 viewsSitfcB

It’s all kicking off

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:21 - Jan 19 with 1434 viewsSitfcB

Hahaha a Scottish MP just asked Boris if he was getting rid of the COVID rules because he doesn’t understand them.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:23 - Jan 19 with 1399 viewsNthQldITFC

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:18 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

It’s all kicking off

MP for Oldershít, he helpfully added, accidentally getting his vowels middled op.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 1344 viewsHARRY10

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:23 - Jan 19 by NthQldITFC

MP for Oldershít, he helpfully added, accidentally getting his vowels middled op.

err, I think you will find that was his description of Davis
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1340 viewsGlasgowBlue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:08 - Jan 19 by footers

The poll lead shows that this line of attack is bearing fruit.

Why give him a question that he can actually answer and turn onto the opposition? He could say that the government did what it could to get urgently needed PPE to frontline workers, whereas Captain Hindsight would still be waiting on the delivery two years later by going through the correct channels*.

Johnson has nowhere to go with partygate, so keep kicking him when he's down.

I appreciate you want substance and policies, and aren't a fan of party political games. But what Starmer is doing is working.

*The sort of line Johnson would go down. Not my own thoughts on the matter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1332 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:13 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Seems wise to drum the point of the moment home to me. There'll be plenty of time to cover inflation etc in the weeks to come surely?

If he didn't people would be declaring he's missing an open goal. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 14:23]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:34 - Jan 19 with 1289 viewslowhouseblue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:30 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Why give him a question that he can actually answer and turn onto the opposition? He could say that the government did what it could to get urgently needed PPE to frontline workers, whereas Captain Hindsight would still be waiting on the delivery two years later by going through the correct channels*.

I appreciate you want substance and policies, and aren't a fan of party political games. But what Starmer is doing is working.

also, the sole purpose of pmqs now is to produce a 10 second clip that can lead on the news and go out on social media. lots of questions increases the chance of producing a really good one. clearly at the moment the thing you want that clip to be about is party gate.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:37 - Jan 19 with 1240 viewsBlueBadger

It's Carrie I feel sorry for. All that money spent decorating and now she's got to move out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 1226 viewslowhouseblue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:37 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

It's Carrie I feel sorry for. All that money spent decorating and now she's got to move out.

it'll be a good leaving party though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:40 - Jan 19 with 1208 viewsfooters

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:30 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

I suppose it would neatly sum up the ways he has taken the piss out of the British public in the last question. Stolen taxpayer money for his friends, left millions to fend for themselves during furlough, went on holiday repeatedly, was prepared to let the bodies pile up and partied when the country was under lockdown.

Sure there are plenty of more damaging examples, and yeah more policy and substance would be nice, but that, to me, would be a neat summation of not only why he has to go but also places the blame across the govt more widely than just Johnson himself.

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:48 - Jan 19 with 1165 viewsEastTownBlue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:37 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

At least they didn't have to suffer that ghastly John Lewis furniture any longer than they had to.
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:49 - Jan 19 with 1153 viewsHARRY10

The difference with previous resignations is they were due to perceived 'incompetence' - or not being suited to the needs required of the PM ....Thatcher, May.

Johnson is different. This is about his personal behaviour, not any political wanting. Whereas his previous ability to 'bounce back' was because much was of concern within the Westminster bubble. Pretty much outside of the average persons concern.

This is different, far different. Here he has become the pantomime villain, no less villainous though. To most of the public there is no grey area in this matter. He has not only done wrong, but lied, prevaricated and been forced from one excuse to the other. The damage has been done, irrespective of what the inquiry saya.

A vote of no confidence, even if won, will be a mortal wound. The polls are continuing to slide. They are a vote on the publics trust and belief in him, not any measure of how voters will vote in a GE, which could be years away.

Do yourself a favour, and be remembered as a PM who resigned with (some) honour, not someone disgraced who had to be forced out.
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:52 - Jan 19 with 1127 viewsBlueBadger

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 13:49 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

The difference with previous resignations is they were due to perceived 'incompetence' - or not being suited to the needs required of the PM ....Thatcher, May.

Johnson is different. This is about his personal behaviour, not any political wanting. Whereas his previous ability to 'bounce back' was because much was of concern within the Westminster bubble. Pretty much outside of the average persons concern.

This is different, far different. Here he has become the pantomime villain, no less villainous though. To most of the public there is no grey area in this matter. He has not only done wrong, but lied, prevaricated and been forced from one excuse to the other. The damage has been done, irrespective of what the inquiry saya.

A vote of no confidence, even if won, will be a mortal wound. The polls are continuing to slide. They are a vote on the publics trust and belief in him, not any measure of how voters will vote in a GE, which could be years away.

Do yourself a favour, and be remembered as a PM who resigned with (some) honour, not someone disgraced who had to be forced out.

Too late for that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 14:05 - Jan 19 with 1058 viewsSwansea_Blue

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 12:44 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. I guess we don't have to guess to the senior source for some journalists now...

The question/set-up in it's full glory

[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 12:46]

"Like many on these benches I spent weeks and month defending the Prime Minister, against often angry constituents. I've reminded them of his success in delivering Brexit" - cue laughter

A funny guy. He's clearly got a blindspot when it comes to Brexit and was hamstrung by the ridiculousness of our position (cake and eat it), so couldn't deliver on the promises and only had empty threats to offer. But when you hear him speak on other subjects he comes across as thoughtful and intelligent.

Anyway, a nice bit of high drama in the HoC this lunchtime by the looks of it.

Annoying though that this is all they can focus on when there are so many things that need fixing. On the local news today, the headline summary was pretty much 'the Senedd today will be discussing emergency measures to address the looming cost of living crisis, meanwhile in Westminster they'll be arguing about who's the biggest liar'. Says it all really (even if there's much wrong in Wales, at least they're behaving like grown ups).
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 14:10]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 14:12 - Jan 19 with 1018 viewsHARRY10

I wonder if he will try o steam off the wallpaper

At £850 a roll, it must be worth a few bob even if only for cash at one of these gold for money sites.

I can't see him as a backbencher. An MP yes, for the money but his attendance record will be similar to when he was an ordinary MP.

Pretty much non existent.
David Davis just called for him to resign in the Commons on 14:19 - Jan 19 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

£120k too. For something revolting.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024