Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen 14:56 - Jan 19 with 1320 viewsitfc1108

who had such a lucky escape just a few months ago, would you be brave enough to return to playing professionally?
I would be too afraid to, even if doctors said it was safe, and I couldn't put my family through it.
If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:06 - Jan 19 with 1244 viewsStokieBlue

He's had an ICD implant which should act as a pacemaker and defibrillator and should ensure he is OK to play. A number of other players have had the same I believe.

I guess he just wants to resume doing what he enjoys.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:15 - Jan 19 with 1174 viewsOwainG1992

Pretty sure Daley Blind (ex man u) has one and Is playing.
I like the thought of him going to Brentford.
Do a job for Town mind you.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:37 - Jan 19 with 1069 viewsChurchman

Me? A big fat no, I’d call it a day. Wimp factor 10/10 for me. Some people are made of sterner stuff.

Burley’s interview on The podcast is really interesting on this sort of thing. Knee wrecked at 25. He has the operation an 9 months rehab, building up the muscles etc. Gets to play again and after each game the knee filled with fluid, rest go again, repeat. GB went on to make two or three hundred more professional appearances and finished well into his 30s. That required desire, dedication, strength of mind etc in uber volumes I just don’t have.

Full credit to Eriksen - I admire his strength of mind and determination and hope it works out for him.
If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:56 - Jan 19 with 965 viewsIllinoisblue

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:37 - Jan 19 by Churchman

Me? A big fat no, I’d call it a day. Wimp factor 10/10 for me. Some people are made of sterner stuff.

Burley’s interview on The podcast is really interesting on this sort of thing. Knee wrecked at 25. He has the operation an 9 months rehab, building up the muscles etc. Gets to play again and after each game the knee filled with fluid, rest go again, repeat. GB went on to make two or three hundred more professional appearances and finished well into his 30s. That required desire, dedication, strength of mind etc in uber volumes I just don’t have.

Full credit to Eriksen - I admire his strength of mind and determination and hope it works out for him.

Same here. I’d take the insurance payout and travel the world or something.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 16:02 - Jan 19 with 948 viewsJuggsy

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 15:06 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

He's had an ICD implant which should act as a pacemaker and defibrillator and should ensure he is OK to play. A number of other players have had the same I believe.

I guess he just wants to resume doing what he enjoys.

SB

I had a friend who had one, it failed and he died so it's no guarantee.
If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 853 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I know it’s debated a lot in footballing circles, but I would not come to the Premier League simply because of the pace and physicality of the game here

He’d certainly add something to a passing team in La Liga or the like.. Barcelona maybe
If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 17:06 - Jan 19 with 781 viewsRadlett_blue

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 16:46 - Jan 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I know it’s debated a lot in footballing circles, but I would not come to the Premier League simply because of the pace and physicality of the game here

He’d certainly add something to a passing team in La Liga or the like.. Barcelona maybe

I think Eriksen would be mad to pursue any sort of football career given his health issues. He also has 2 children. At age 29, he might not be ready for the cardigan & slippers, but surely he can find something else to do that doesn't seriously endanger his life e.g. coaching.
It's his life but any club that signs him should be going through a moral dilemma.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you were a footballer like Christian Eriksen on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 765 viewsMullet

In my head yes, but in reality with a young family etc I wouldn’t. If I had his talent I’d look to go to a lower impact league where I could do well easily like Scotland or something

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024