Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delighted to get Walton on a permanent 19:20 - Jan 19 with 960 viewsDubtractor

We've had sub standard keepers ever since being in the godforsaken division, and whilst I don't think that's the reason we're still here, I do think having a proper quality keeper is a major step for finally getting out.

Obviously he'll still make occasional mistakes, like at Bolton, but the confidence he brings by commanding his box, and making all the regular saves plus those that need a bit extra is a huge bonus. Not squirming in my seat every time the other team has a corner or set piece is a major difference to Holy and Hladky.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 23:17 - Jan 19 with 842 viewstractorboy1978

If the rumoured fee of around £150k is correct, that is an outrageous piece of business. Only 26 and has his best years ahead of him, could be our number 1 for several years to come. Reminds me a bit of Kasper Schmeichel in the sense he has the potential/ability to go through the leagues with us if we get it right.
Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 23:24 - Jan 19 with 833 viewsChurchman

A decent (contracted) keeper is vital. No position to fill is more important. Walton is the best since Bart and may prove better than him in the long term. This is a really good signing. Well done all.
Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 09:40 - Jan 20 with 691 viewsHerbivore

Yep, this is a great bit of business. Has the potential to be a very good Championship level keeper if he continues to develop, imo, so really pleased to have signed him permanently and well worth paying the low six figure fee to secure him for the rest of this season and avoid a potential bidding war for his signature in the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 12:45 - Jan 20 with 643 viewscbower

Oh no, you have just reminded of Will "Chuck" Norris. He was useless and on loan from the Premier League. Back in the Premier league now as back up for Burnley I believe (well was last season anyway!)

bluescouser

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 12:45 - Jan 20 with 642 viewschicoazul

That 2.5 year contract makes me squirm a bit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 13:52 - Jan 20 with 589 viewsRobTheMonk

The back line looks so much happier with him behind them. Very good signing for this level; to be honest, it would have been a good signing for the majority of Championship teams too.
Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 16:23 - Jan 20 with 542 viewsHerbivore

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 12:45 - Jan 20 by chicoazul

That 2.5 year contract makes me squirm a bit.

We have an option for a further year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 19:10 - Jan 20 with 458 viewschicoazul

Delighted to get Walton on a permanent on 16:23 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

We have an option for a further year.

Ah! That’s better then.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024