Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote 19:51 - Jan 19 with 2712 viewsazuremerlangus

Difficult choice as there is some quality in that 50 shortlist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3yjdW1xv7pZcLV4YZPgr9C0/the-one-show-s

If I had to make a decision I would pick Only Fools and Horses - but I’d be happy picking any from my shortlist of 12 of the 50 tbh.

Apologies if this has already been done…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 19:52 - Jan 19 with 2375 viewsfactual_blue

A timely reminder of the Corporation's excellence in the light of nadine's graceless behaviour.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:23 - Jan 19 with 2295 viewsfooters

If The One Show itself doesn't make the top 10 I shall be making my feelings known. Perhaps violently.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:32 - Jan 19 with 2272 viewsgtsb1966

Submitted my three votes
Dad's Army
Blackadder
Boys from the blackstuff
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 2269 viewsjas0999

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 19:52 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

A timely reminder of the Corporation's excellence in the light of nadine's graceless behaviour.

Come on. You hate the Tories, got it. Don’t disagree, but bbc output has been shocking for years.
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 2261 viewsRomeo4

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:32 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

Submitted my three votes
Dad's Army
Blackadder
Boys from the blackstuff

My 3 votes:
Blackadder
I’m Alan Partridge
Porridge

Long live Auntie Beeb
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:42 - Jan 19 with 2246 viewsgtsb1966

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:36 - Jan 19 by Romeo4

My 3 votes:
Blackadder
I’m Alan Partridge
Porridge

Long live Auntie Beeb

Porridge would've been my number four.
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:45 - Jan 19 with 2242 viewsJ2BLUE

Bottom a shocking omission. As is Blue Planet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:02 - Jan 19 with 2206 viewsfooters

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:45 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

For some reason I'm surprised by this, J2! You have some taste.

Watched a couple of their live shows again recently and they were still as hilarious as I remembered :)

Login to get fewer ads

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 2205 viewsgtsb1966

On the subject of nature programs I suspect you are too young to remember Survival. Was an Anglia television production and was very good too.
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 2187 viewsGuthrum

No Reggie Perrin, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:18 - Jan 19 with 2171 viewsFranzgumm

Top Of The Pops. 👍🏻

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:28 - Jan 19 with 2154 viewsMatterhorn

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:18 - Jan 19 by Franzgumm

Top Of The Pops. 👍🏻

Old grey whistle test, least favourite look east
The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:30 - Jan 19 with 2153 viewsjeera

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:33 - Jan 19 by jas0999

Come on. You hate the Tories, got it. Don’t disagree, but bbc output has been shocking for years.

Been loads of decent dramas and comedies on in recent years.

What you mean is [if] you don't watch them. Fine, you should be able to unsubscribe maybe.

But on the understanding you never use the channels, which includes the informative and educational BBC4, and also the website, which is packed with info, especially with learning tools for kids (and beginners).

Plus national and and international radio, which has to be paid for, despite the weird 'but it's called a TV licence' rubbish.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 21:34]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 2122 viewsWhos_blue

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 20:33 - Jan 19 by jas0999

Not sure I can go along with that one mate.
A bit of a sweeping statement.
What are you basing that opinion on?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:46 - Jan 19 with 2112 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I am appalled that Bottom isn't on that list and Red Dwaf, now I'm asking myself if that was on c4?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:48 - Jan 19 with 2105 viewsNthQldITFC

Fawlty Towers
Porridge
Yes Minister

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 2091 viewsjeera

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:48 - Jan 19 by NthQldITFC

Fawlty Towers
Porridge
Yes Minister

Detectorists.*
Peaky Blinders.*
Taboo.*
The Outlaws.*
In My Skin.
Ghosts.

Mere examples and a ton-load of other stuff.

*How the Beeb have captured such massive names cannot have come cheaply.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 21:53]

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:54 - Jan 19 with 2079 viewsfooters

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:30 - Jan 19 by jeera

Been loads of decent dramas and comedies on in recent years.

What you mean is [if] you don't watch them. Fine, you should be able to unsubscribe maybe.

But on the understanding you never use the channels, which includes the informative and educational BBC4, and also the website, which is packed with info, especially with learning tools for kids (and beginners).

Plus national and and international radio, which has to be paid for, despite the weird 'but it's called a TV licence' rubbish.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 21:34]

Indeed, old fruit.

God knows how much Ant n Dec get paid by the Beeb's corporate rival but you can't doubt their importance to some folk.

You may not like the majority of the output but the BBC still produces a lot of much-loved programming for a broad demographic. Just look at the popularity and global appeal of things like Line of Duty, Blue Planet, Killing Eve and Bargain Hunt. Speaks for itself really.

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:56 - Jan 19 with 2067 viewsfooters

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:46 - Jan 19 by BlueandTruesince82

I am appalled that Bottom isn't on that list and Red Dwaf, now I'm asking myself if that was on c4?

Both were BBC. Aside from later series of Red Dwarf which were Dave originals, I believe.

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:57 - Jan 19 with 2061 viewsjeera

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 21:54 - Jan 19 by footers

Indeed, old fruit.

God knows how much Ant n Dec get paid by the Beeb's corporate rival but you can't doubt their importance to some folk.

You may not like the majority of the output but the BBC still produces a lot of much-loved programming for a broad demographic. Just look at the popularity and global appeal of things like Line of Duty, Blue Planet, Killing Eve and Bargain Hunt. Speaks for itself really.

When I search through the hundreds of channels available to me and there's nothing kicking about, I usually default to the BBC and find something there.

Mastermind.
Pointless.
Eggheads.
Only Connect.

Usually something to tap into somewhere on iplayer.

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 22:17 - Jan 19 with 2017 viewsTrequartista

It's taken me far longer than it should have done to work out that this thread is not about The One Show being the most loved programme on the BBC!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 22:23 - Jan 19 with 2008 viewsfooters

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 22:17 - Jan 19 by Trequartista

It's taken me far longer than it should have done to work out that this thread is not about The One Show being the most loved programme on the BBC!

That doesn't suprise me particularly.

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 22:31 - Jan 19 with 1989 viewsMelford

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 19:52 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

£13.25 a month. People need to realise it funds the whole BBC across the board, it funds Brenner and Mick Mills/Alex Mathie to go to games to bring free to air commentary (to those who can get Radio Suffolk) and there's loads of similar reporters and commentators doing this stuff for their teams all across the country.

Then in the summer there's ball by ball radio coverage of county cricket.

Nobody else is going to provide a service like that free to air.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 23:45 - Jan 19 with 1927 viewsRyorry

Thans for posting, just got my votes in with 25 min to spare!

Boys From the Blackstuff (so glad this was in).
Fawlty Towers
Strictly (I know some hate it, but it brought some desperately needed, live music, glamour & escapism during long dark days of lockdown, so cheered me up).

Blue Planet was next alternative; then Small Axe (but the latter's series of 3 or 4 was quite recent, and the first).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 23:55 - Jan 19 with 1915 viewsfactual_blue

The One Show - Most loved BBC programme vote on 23:45 - Jan 19 by Ryorry

Thans for posting, just got my votes in with 25 min to spare!

Boys From the Blackstuff (so glad this was in).
Fawlty Towers
Strictly (I know some hate it, but it brought some desperately needed, live music, glamour & escapism during long dark days of lockdown, so cheered me up).

Blue Planet was next alternative; then Small Axe (but the latter's series of 3 or 4 was quite recent, and the first).

You could perm any three from those fifty, and still be right.

I was disappointed that none of the three le Carré adaptations were there, but that just shows what a rich field there was to choose from in the first place.

HIGNFY and WILTY should be there too, again just my view.

But then you easily end up with a list of two hundred and fifty.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024