Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days 20:00 - Jan 19 with 5611 viewsElderGrizzly

Sale is unachievable without Boro and Wycombe basically waiving rights to their claims.
EFL have already given their 'advice'

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 3652 viewsSitfcB

I know why Wycombe are trying to sue but not sure why Middlesbrough are??
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:07]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 3655 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why’s it always Wycombe trying to screw over everyone else? Sister shaggers and West Ham aside, I hate Wycombe more than the rest. They’re the anti-football football club.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:03]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:06 - Jan 19 with 3603 viewsElderGrizzly

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:02 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Why’s it always Wycombe trying to screw over everyone else? Sister shaggers and West Ham aside, I hate Wycombe more than the rest. They’re the anti-football football club.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:03]

You can see why Wycombe might be pissed, given they were relegated due to Derby and the EFL dragging out the actions vs Derby.

Wycombe relegated, Derby stayed up.
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:06 - Jan 19 with 3605 viewsElderGrizzly

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:02 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:08 - Jan 19 with 3547 viewsSitfcB

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:06 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

You can see why Wycombe might be pissed, given they were relegated due to Derby and the EFL dragging out the actions vs Derby.

Wycombe should never have gotten promoted anyway so it’s 1-1 in my eyes haha.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:54]

COYB

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:08 - Jan 19 with 3543 viewsitfcsuth

There argument is that the ground was sold to Mel Morris for £81M I believe in the Frank Lampard season where they reached 6th I’m the play-offs.

If it weren’t for the sale they would have breached FFP and docked instant points thus Boro making the 6th place.
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 3537 viewsSitfcB

Cheers. So no reason really, Derby just haven’t got many friends, if any.

COYB

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 3521 viewsbilllm

Could you explain what the issues are with these two clubs and Derby, is it transfer dealings for middlesboro, I think wycombes is they got relegated and feel cheated that derby should have had a points deduction last season,
Login to get fewer ads

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 3523 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Boro are suing becsues the season before last they finished 7th and Derby finished in the playoffs. They contend that they missed out on their chance to get to the PL and at the very least lost prize money plus any other revenue from what at least would have been a 2 legged playoff semi final.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:10 - Jan 19 with 3525 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Its irrelevant though because that’s football. They were perfectly ok with the EFL making decisions when it suited them and they voted to end the league despite being bottom of the form table. F**k them.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 3373 viewsChurchman

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:10 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Its irrelevant though because that’s football. They were perfectly ok with the EFL making decisions when it suited them and they voted to end the league despite being bottom of the form table. F**k them.

You make a very good point RB
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 3369 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:10 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Football club in acting in own interests shock

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:34 - Jan 19 with 3367 viewsIllinoisblue

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:09 - Jan 19 by BlueandTruesince82

Boro are suing becsues the season before last they finished 7th and Derby finished in the playoffs. They contend that they missed out on their chance to get to the PL and at the very least lost prize money plus any other revenue from what at least would have been a 2 legged playoff semi final.

Derby no doubt cheated but I don’t see how Boro’s claim has any merit legally. So many variables and unknowns to “prove” Derby’s actions caused them a loss.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 3283 viewsHighgateBlue

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:34 - Jan 19 by Illinoisblue

Derby no doubt cheated but I don’t see how Boro’s claim has any merit legally. So many variables and unknowns to “prove” Derby’s actions caused them a loss.

If Boro can show that they would have got into the playoffs but for Derby's unlawful conduct, then surely they've proven a loss? Even just the profit from the guaranteed two playoff matches would constitute a loss that clearly wouldn't be too remote in law.

Then there's loss of a chance of course (Chaplin v Hicks and all that). The chance being the chance of winning the playoffs. It seems to me there's a reasonable argument that they don't have to prove on the balance of probabilities that they would have won the playoffs.

As for the initial cause of action, I don't know. I can't quite be bothered to look into what the contractual provisions are which bind football clubs in the same division. But I would have thought that causation of at least some loss is not terribly difficult to show.
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:41 - Jan 19 with 3266 viewsgtsb1966

I know some on here can't stand Derby , I personally dont like or dislike them, but you cannot help but feel sorry for the fans. There'll be people there who have followed them through thick and thin for many years and it's the fans who are suffering most through no fault of their own. If that was us I would be gutted.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:44]
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:46 - Jan 19 with 3188 viewsIllinoisblue

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:39 - Jan 19 by HighgateBlue

If Boro can show that they would have got into the playoffs but for Derby's unlawful conduct, then surely they've proven a loss? Even just the profit from the guaranteed two playoff matches would constitute a loss that clearly wouldn't be too remote in law.

Then there's loss of a chance of course (Chaplin v Hicks and all that). The chance being the chance of winning the playoffs. It seems to me there's a reasonable argument that they don't have to prove on the balance of probabilities that they would have won the playoffs.

As for the initial cause of action, I don't know. I can't quite be bothered to look into what the contractual provisions are which bind football clubs in the same division. But I would have thought that causation of at least some loss is not terribly difficult to show.

It’s a big ol can of worms, that’s for sure. This obviously won’t play out like an episode of Law and Order but if it did, could imagine Derby’s lawyers hammering the point about Boro’s end of season form. Think it was something like 1 win in 9. “Don’t look at us cooking the books, look at them being useless at football and causing their own downfall” is not much of a defence but in the absence of anything else…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:46 - Jan 19 with 3183 viewspointofblue

Middlesbrough are claiming £45m though - no side loses £45m from two play off matches. Promotion was, at least then, worth £180m but they only had a one in four chance of going up then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:48 - Jan 19 with 3153 viewsitfcjoe

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:09 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

Cheers. So no reason really, Derby just haven’t got many friends, if any.

We finished 7th in 15/16 and Derby finished 5th, have just as much a case as Boro!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 3073 viewsgiant_stow

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:41 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

I know some on here can't stand Derby , I personally dont like or dislike them, but you cannot help but feel sorry for the fans. There'll be people there who have followed them through thick and thin for many years and it's the fans who are suffering most through no fault of their own. If that was us I would be gutted.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:44]

It will sting for the fans, but they'll just have to happy supporting the phoenix club and lump the non leagues. Personally, I have little sympathy for the club as it cheated.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:58 - Jan 19 with 3022 viewsgtsb1966

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:56 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

It will sting for the fans, but they'll just have to happy supporting the phoenix club and lump the non leagues. Personally, I have little sympathy for the club as it cheated.

You lot burnt a stand down once . Don't come on here and mention cheating
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:59 - Jan 19 with 3002 viewsgiant_stow

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:58 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

You lot burnt a stand down once . Don't come on here and mention cheating

Never sir! A mouse ate a cable and off it went.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 21:00 - Jan 19 with 2988 viewsGuthrum

Tho in terms of an undeserved loss, how far different is it from a refereeing decision subsequently proven wrong, but which costs perhaps vital points? There is no recourse in that case. Just the "rub of the green". But no deliberate cheating, either, admittedly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 21:05 - Jan 19 with 2943 viewspeterleeblue

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:33 - Jan 19 by Churchman

You make a very good point RB

Yes you would think that Wycombe would keep their head down and powder dry given they way the took advantage of the COVID season.
Still what goes around comes around. They should not have been in the Championship and then clutching at straws for compo as they thinks they should have kept their unearned place by way of Derby's irregularities that have already screwed teams for many recent years.
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 2789 viewsMatterhorn

Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 20:59 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Never sir! A mouse ate a cable and off it went.

Loose description of a stand, I’ve seen better sheds!
Liquidation for Derby in 12 days on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 2755 viewsSwansea_Blue

The issue seems to be the value of the claim. The string of tweets in the OP seems to suggest it’s a large claim (beyond what could be raised by selling players, and a good chunk of the value of the club). I’d have thought the only loss that can be proven is the revenue from the PO semi final. Anything else is purely speculative.

In fairness to ‘Boro, they’ve said they’re happy to talk to the administrator and are open to a compromise to avoid Derby being wound up. It sounds like the administrator isn’t engaging too well with them though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024