Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… 07:13 - Jan 20 with 4788 viewsKieran_Knows

… midfielder from Bristol City.

[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 7:33]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tyreek Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:32 - Jan 20 with 3502 viewschrismakin

Poor old Kinsella was just about to move too :(

Is this fella any different to those already here?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:33 - Jan 20 with 3480 viewsDanTheMan

Do we need more midfielders? Feel fairly stacked there, unless this lad can play wingback.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:38 - Jan 20 with 3437 viewsFunge

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:33 - Jan 20 by DanTheMan

Do we need more midfielders? Feel fairly stacked there, unless this lad can play wingback.

Yeah I thought similar.

FWIW, my Brizzle mate says 'good eye for a pass, killer shot and raw but would tear up L1'.

He also doesn't like Mark Ashton, but we might've had that conversation on here before.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:40 - Jan 20 with 3397 viewschrismakin

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:38 - Jan 20 by Funge

Yeah I thought similar.

FWIW, my Brizzle mate says 'good eye for a pass, killer shot and raw but would tear up L1'.

He also doesn't like Mark Ashton, but we might've had that conversation on here before.

Tear up league 1

How many times do we think that and then wait for it to happen.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:12 - Jan 20 with 3185 viewsParky

Stinks of a Mark Ashton signing. He plays CM and we already have: Morsy, Evans, Fraser, Carroll, Harper, El Mizouni and Nolan on the books.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:14 - Jan 20 with 3151 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:12 - Jan 20 by Parky

Stinks of a Mark Ashton signing. He plays CM and we already have: Morsy, Evans, Fraser, Carroll, Harper, El Mizouni and Nolan on the books.

How many of those are or have been consistently performing well?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:18 - Jan 20 with 3112 viewscatch74

Have the last five on that list had any minutes under KM? Wondering if a few move on/loaned out.
Nolan and Carroll clearly can’t be relied on with their injury records. El Miz should be getting game time every week.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 3054 viewsKieran_Knows

Carroll and Nolan to leave, at a guess.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 3050 viewsArnieM

Wonder if that means that any or all of these are done here ? .. Nolan ( injured?) Harper , Fraser , El Mizouni

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:27 - Jan 20 with 3002 viewsDanTheMan

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:24 - Jan 20 by Kieran_Knows

Carroll and Nolan to leave, at a guess.

Carroll was only on a year wasn't he? So that would make some sense.

Was expecting Nolan to go at some point but assumed it was more likely to be in the summer unless he's actually fit.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:30 - Jan 20 with 2960 viewsTrumptonBlue

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:14 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I'm hopeful that we might be in an era in which we try to coach and improve the players we have rather than just keep replacing them in the vague hope that someone new might be better.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:52 - Jan 20 with 2729 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:24 - Jan 20 by ArnieM

Wonder if that means that any or all of these are done here ? .. Nolan ( injured?) Harper , Fraser , El Mizouni

I hope Harper kicks on. He’s got so many excellent attributes to be class.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:55 - Jan 20 with 2696 viewshype313

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:40 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Tear up league 1

How many times do we think that and then wait for it to happen.

I haven't seen anyone tear up League One, including all the other players in the league, a few have been consistently good, but no one has torn it to shreds.

Still waiting on Judge to tear up League One, I mean League Two, is he tearing that up?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:58 - Jan 20 with 2673 viewsParky

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:14 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I never said they had.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:16 - Jan 20 with 2508 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:30 - Jan 20 by TrumptonBlue

I'm hopeful that we might be in an era in which we try to coach and improve the players we have rather than just keep replacing them in the vague hope that someone new might be better.

I don't disagree in principle. That said Morsy and Evans are both at an age where they are playing close to their full potential and for me after Penney, Evans has been something of a weak link. On his good days he's very good but he's horribly inconsistent and that's not what you need in the middle of the park. Harper and El Miz both currently look well off being considered regular starters, Carroll is either injured or off the pace, and Nolan hasn't been fit in a year and isn't very good when he is fit.

I can see the logic in strengthening in the middle of the park, especially if it's a loan who has real quality as it won't stifle the longer term development of the likes of Harper and El Miz too much. In fact it could free one or both of them up to go out on loan and get regular minutes, which they aren't getting here.

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:17 - Jan 20 with 2484 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 08:58 - Jan 20 by Parky

I never said they had.

Then there is a need to strengthen, no? Having a lot of players in a position doesn't equate to having sufficient quality in that position. I remember last year under Lambert having a plethora of wide forwards/number 10s and not one of them was any use.

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:22 - Jan 20 with 2415 viewsParky

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:17 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Then there is a need to strengthen, no? Having a lot of players in a position doesn't equate to having sufficient quality in that position. I remember last year under Lambert having a plethora of wide forwards/number 10s and not one of them was any use.

I get what you’re saying, but my post was only stating that I feel this must be an Ashton signing. FWIW, I don’t think we actually need this lad. As someone else has rightly pointed out, half of our central midfielders haven’t even played under McKenna.

Might be just me, but I’d prefer to be developing and Harper, Fraser and El Mizouni that are our actual players.

All that said, here’s hoping this lad can come in and get us climbing the table.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:25 - Jan 20 with 2390 viewsWickets

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 07:33 - Jan 20 by DanTheMan

Yes we do have a glut of midfield players but i don't think anyone has really cemented their place alongside Morsy as for me Evans can be unpredictable .
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 2359 viewsTomTheWriter

Wigan are your perfect example.

Spent the first six months of the season with Tom Naylor, Max Power, Jordan Cousins,Tom Bayliss and Thelo Aasgaard as their midfield options, with Scott Smith being at the same level of Idris. Cousins is out for the season, leaving them with four excellent options and 1 brilliant youngster. Sitting pretty near the top, long unbeaten run, they’ve gone and improved a position most would say didn’t need touching. They’ve gone from having one of the best midfields in L1, to now probably the best.

You look at us. Arguably, McKenna’s Sam Morsy is the only one to look the part so far. Evans vision and range is excellent, but lacks bite. Harper has looked lost as a CM. Carroll breaks down to much and also doesn’t show bite. Idris is talented but needs a six-month spell in L2. Fraser is gifted, but again not the player to break up the play if Morsy is forward and we get turned over.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 2305 viewsHerbivore

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:22 - Jan 20 by Parky

I get what you’re saying, but my post was only stating that I feel this must be an Ashton signing. FWIW, I don’t think we actually need this lad. As someone else has rightly pointed out, half of our central midfielders haven’t even played under McKenna.

Might be just me, but I’d prefer to be developing and Harper, Fraser and El Mizouni that are our actual players.

All that said, here’s hoping this lad can come in and get us climbing the table.

At this point in time the club will still be aiming for the play offs. Do any of El Miz, Harper or Fraser look ready to step into midfield alongside Morsy and help us to fulfil that goal? I'm really not convinced and as I mentioned in another post, bringing a quality CM on loan might enable us to get El Miz and Harper out on loan and playing some minutes, which will benefit us in the longer term.

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:34 - Jan 20 with 2281 viewsITFCBlues

Another Ashton signing...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:40 - Jan 20 with 2206 viewsDinDjarin

Do you really thing McKenna would allow Ashton to just go and sign players.

My guess is McKenna has said he wants him so Ashton goes and gets him,

That's how it works.
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:41 - Jan 20 with 2187 viewsrickw

How many of these are defensively minded though, only Morsy I'd say and the other 7 are more creative/attacking.
Bakinson and Kinsella are both defensive midfielders, so it seems like we're trying to re-address the balance in midfield

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:44 - Jan 20 with 2154 viewsDinDjarin

Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:41 - Jan 20 by rickw

How many of these are defensively minded though, only Morsy I'd say and the other 7 are more creative/attacking.
Bakinson and Kinsella are both defensive midfielders, so it seems like we're trying to re-address the balance in midfield

We also have Akluko, Chaplin and Celina who are attacking no 10 types.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 9:44]
Tyreeq Bakinson joining on loan… on 09:46 - Jan 20 with 2122 viewsGuthrum

Don't understand why that makes it an 'Ashton signing'.

How do you know it wasn't someone McKenna had already identified as a good prospect (he does have a background in Youth football, after all)? Moreover, why would anybody be accepting the signing (even on loan) of random players the manager hadn't asked for?

McKenna may want something specific in terms of skillset, or perhaps he doesn't rate those we currently have in the squad for what he feels he needs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024