Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... 07:26 - Jan 20 with 2031 viewsOriginalMarkyP

And never liked the arrogant way he treated players.

But I do like the way Woolfenden refuses to throw him under the bus when asked if Cook didn't have confidence in him.

That's the sort of class Cook could have used a little bit more of himself.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 07:43 - Jan 20 with 1612 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's gone.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:05 - Jan 20 with 1567 viewsChurchman

I thought PC was the answer. The perfect fit. Track record of success at this dismal level, nothing could go wrong………. Oh…

But as Cheltenham Blue says, we move on.

In the EADT today is an article on how times are changing at ITFC. It talks about how signing a successful loanee like Walton just wouldn’t have happened a few years ago. Let’s hope in a couple of years the ineptitude of Cook, Lambert, Hurst and Evans is put in its rightful place. The bin
I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:15 - Jan 20 with 1534 viewsKeaneish

Examples of Cook being classless please? I can’t think of any. In fact, isn’t the point about Wolfenden testament to that?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:27 - Jan 20 with 1464 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:05 - Jan 20 by Churchman

I thought PC was the answer. The perfect fit. Track record of success at this dismal level, nothing could go wrong………. Oh…

But as Cheltenham Blue says, we move on.

In the EADT today is an article on how times are changing at ITFC. It talks about how signing a successful loanee like Walton just wouldn’t have happened a few years ago. Let’s hope in a couple of years the ineptitude of Cook, Lambert, Hurst and Evans is put in its rightful place. The bin

It did happen under Evans, we just got burnt more often than not. The EADT know this and did a piece about it.

How's, v successfull loan. Disaster once permanently here.

Bullard same.

Murphy, rare success story.

That said getting Walton to drop down 2 divisions feels more Magilton than How's and I think under Evans we would still have Holy and Cornell in situ.

I don't disagree with the sentiment just the use of loans who stayed on as an example

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:34 - Jan 20 with 1431 viewsFixed_It

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:27 - Jan 20 by BlueandTruesince82

It did happen under Evans, we just got burnt more often than not. The EADT know this and did a piece about it.

Bullard same.

That said getting Walton to drop down 2 divisions feels more Magilton than How's and I think under Evans we would still have Holy and Cornell in situ.

I don't disagree with the sentiment just the use of loans who stayed on as an example

Who is How's? Or how is Huws?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:39 - Jan 20 with 1385 viewshomer_123

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:15 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

Examples of Cook being classless please? I can’t think of any. In fact, isn’t the point about Wolfenden testament to that?

Where he threw a team under the bus; isn't a great look.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:51 - Jan 20 with 1321 viewsOsborneOneNil

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:39 - Jan 20 by homer_123

But tbf, he wasn’t entirely wrong, was he.

Check out Col United.
I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:53 - Jan 20 with 1313 viewsKeaneish

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:39 - Jan 20 by homer_123

…given what we had to what we have now it was a great call and the right one. Nothing classless in that as it’s increased the value and opportunity for ITFC.

Login to get fewer ads

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:09 - Jan 20 with 1250 viewsGlasgowBlue

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:53 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

…given what we had to what we have now it was a great call and the right one. Nothing classless in that as it’s increased the value and opportunity for ITFC.

Yeah look how sh1t Downes and Andre are playing in the Championship.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:11 - Jan 20 with 1227 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:09 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

And look how great we’ve done this season without them and the rest of last years squad

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:11 - Jan 20 with 1231 viewsFixed_It

Downes wanted to leave, and Andre needed to.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 1198 viewsTractorCam

And what about the other 20 odd players? Wilson and somehow Cornell have made a decent bat of it too, but interesting to pick out 1/10th of the squad. Also worth noting Downes was never part of the demolition.

I thought the days of Marky posting Cook slander were over.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:23 - Jan 20 with 1134 viewsGlasgowBlue

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:15 - Jan 20 by TractorCam

And what about the other 20 odd players? Wilson and somehow Cornell have made a decent bat of it too, but interesting to pick out 1/10th of the squad. Also worth noting Downes was never part of the demolition.

Cook made no effort to keep Downes and Dozzell.

Iron Lion Zion

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:25 - Jan 20 with 1112 viewsKeaneish

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:23 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Cook made no effort to keep Downes and Dozzell.

Other than nothing, what’s that based on?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 1106 viewsKeaneish

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:11 - Jan 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And look how great we’ve done this season without them and the rest of last years squad

Is your argument that last year’s squad was better?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:28 - Jan 20 with 1094 viewsSharkey

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:27 - Jan 20 by BlueandTruesince82

Bullard same.

It’s stretching it a bit to say Walton has been persuaded to drop two leagues. He was at Brighton a long time without getting a game for them. But he does seem to be Championship quality, judging by his record, and that’s a step up .
I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:31 - Jan 20 with 1075 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:27 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

Is your argument that last year’s squad was better?

My argument is that last years squad performing better under their predecessor than Paul Cook, and better than the subsequent better squad under Paul Cook, rather suggests the dreadful performances at the back end of last season may have had more to do with Paul Cook than the players. And therefore makes the whole throwing under the bus thing rather silly

But hooray for Cookie! ❤️🍪

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:36 - Jan 20 with 1051 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:51 - Jan 20 by OsborneOneNil

But tbf, he wasn’t entirely wrong, was he.

Check out Col United.

Yes. But he threw this current set of players under the bus too. AND HE bought them.

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:45 - Jan 20 with 1019 viewsGlasgowBlue

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:11 - Jan 20 by Fixed_It

Downes wanted to leave, and Andre needed to.

Downes wanted to leave because the club had been a basket case over the last few years. He saw us going nowhere.

The new ownership have a project to get Town into the Premiership in the next few years.

Ashton and Cook were able to sell that project the Championship players like Aluko, Morsy, Edwards, Chaplin, Carroll, Edmunson and Harper, who all dropped down a division to join us.

Heck, we’ve just signed a goalkeeper from a Premier league club despite us looking highly unlikely to go up this season. The project has definitely been sold to him.

Had Cook told Ashton that he wanted to keep both Downes and Dozzell then They could have been sold the project the same way the current squad have.

Both players were contracted to the club. We didn’t have to let them go.

Iron Lion Zion

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:45 - Jan 20 with 1018 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:15 - Jan 20 by TractorCam

Nice fishing.

Cook Slander?

I was right about Cook and never slandered him. The points I patiently kept highlighting are the same shortcomings that led to his departure. What I was saying back then is what most people agree is unarguably the truth now. I was right about why McGreal joined. I was right about Norwood.

Slander? Please! Do better.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 9:46]

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:47 - Jan 20 with 999 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:45 - Jan 20 by OriginalMarkyP

Nice fishing.

Cook Slander?

I was right about Cook and never slandered him. The points I patiently kept highlighting are the same shortcomings that led to his departure. What I was saying back then is what most people agree is unarguably the truth now. I was right about why McGreal joined. I was right about Norwood.

Slander? Please! Do better.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 9:46]

Calm down Mr Morris

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:10 - Jan 20 with 906 viewsKeaneish

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:31 - Jan 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

My argument is that last years squad performing better under their predecessor than Paul Cook, and better than the subsequent better squad under Paul Cook, rather suggests the dreadful performances at the back end of last season may have had more to do with Paul Cook than the players. And therefore makes the whole throwing under the bus thing rather silly

But hooray for Cookie! ❤️🍪

If you think that last years squad performed better having been to those games I’d have to say that’s very questionable. I struggle to remember any performances of note across the whole season.

The club needed a reset and we got it. I don’t miss anyone from that squad other than Downes. The right call and the reality check some needed.

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:10 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

If you think that last years squad performed better having been to those games I’d have to say that’s very questionable. I struggle to remember any performances of note across the whole season.

The club needed a reset and we got it. I don’t miss anyone from that squad other than Downes. The right call and the reality check some needed.

Sorry you’re right, if you ignore inconvenient things like winning less games and gaining more points then yes this years squad is performing 1,000,000x better. Have a biscuit, or even better a 🍪

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 862 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:47 - Jan 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Calm down Mr Morris

Marky Morris. I like it.

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 859 viewsKeaneish

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:17 - Jan 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry you’re right, if you ignore inconvenient things like winning less games and gaining more points then yes this years squad is performing 1,000,000x better. Have a biscuit, or even better a 🍪

Style not your strong suit it seems.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024