Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson 17:37 - Jan 20 with 5264 viewsKentish_Tractor

Found a fan forum thread about him here:
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214973-now-james-is-fit-can-we-get-rid-o

He gets comparisons with JET - Skillful but lightweight and lacks effort.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:42 - Jan 20 with 4524 viewsStokieBlue

Why do we always have to hear what other fans have to say and why is it usually something negative?

All this is doing is allowing people to form predetermined opinions before even seeing him play a few matches.

From the same forum:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214579-shout-out-for-bakinson/#comment-4

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:47 - Jan 20 with 4471 viewsChurchman

I read some of them. He gets mixed reviews and the comparison with JET is an interesting one.

The bloke has half a season to show what he can do. If he’s a negative waste of space, he can go back to face his greatest admirer Pearson at the end of the season. If not, who knows. It’s up to him.
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:52 - Jan 20 with 4413 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:42 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Why do we always have to hear what other fans have to say and why is it usually something negative?

All this is doing is allowing people to form predetermined opinions before even seeing him play a few matches.

From the same forum:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214579-shout-out-for-bakinson/#comment-4

SB

Think of him as the omicron variant and you will find the negative views more palatable maybe.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:57 - Jan 20 with 4359 viewsmylittletown

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:47 - Jan 20 by Churchman

I read some of them. He gets mixed reviews and the comparison with JET is an interesting one.

The bloke has half a season to show what he can do. If he’s a negative waste of space, he can go back to face his greatest admirer Pearson at the end of the season. If not, who knows. It’s up to him.

Given the great positivity of Pearson's huge success in driving Bristol C up to the heights of 16th in the Championship, he may not be there after the end of the season.
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 18:05 - Jan 20 with 4259 viewsKentish_Tractor

From the same forum:

SB

I often fins fans views the best indicator as they actually get to see him every week.

Many of the posts on that 2nd BCFC thread seem to match the one posted originally - general sentiment is great on the ball, much to be desired off it.

Could fit in well with the passing game we want to play under KM, but sounds like we need to play a ball-winning midfielder along-side him.

Maybe a chage of scenery will improve his confidence.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 4180 viewschrismakin

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 18:05 - Jan 20 by Kentish_Tractor

I often fins fans views the best indicator as they actually get to see him every week.

Many of the posts on that 2nd BCFC thread seem to match the one posted originally - general sentiment is great on the ball, much to be desired off it.

Could fit in well with the passing game we want to play under KM, but sounds like we need to play a ball-winning midfielder along-side him.

Maybe a chage of scenery will improve his confidence.

I do find SBs response slightly odd.

We've seen YouTube highlights posted and posters say that's great but Lee Martin looked good on his.

So I think fan opinions are warranted.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 18:49 - Jan 20 with 3947 viewsBlueBadger

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:57 - Jan 20 by mylittletown

Given the great positivity of Pearson's huge success in driving Bristol C up to the heights of 16th in the Championship, he may not be there after the end of the season.

Ashton's fault, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 3620 viewsMetal_Hacker

Truth be told if this guy didn’t have any potential and was pants , Pearson wouldn’t have a face on

I’m sure this bloke will be fine - I trust McK so why the moaning and worrying

Predetermined options really aren’t gonna help the cause

What is it with people’s fascination with our fellow Bristol City fans 🙄

If some of the posters on here concentrated on our own affairs as opposed to others we’d be a lot better off I’m sure

Onwards and upwards ladies

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 19:56 - Jan 20 with 3559 viewschrismakin

If Pearson is showing a true reflection of the situation. Its a shame It appears the attitude isn't a one off or changed as he's got older. Below from Luton sale...

We made a conscious decision that if he wasn’t going to impact our first team in the near future, which he wasn’t going to, and when it was blatantly clear from an attitude change from the player, we felt it was in the best interests of the club to get the best deal possible to enable us to move forward and develop the numerous players that actually want to continue their development with Luton Town

( looking at it. He appears to have been given his first Prof contract at 16. Demanded first team football or to leave for a higher leagues u23. At 17.

So sounds like a player with talent. But unless as Pearson says things aren't going his way, that's when you get the attitude.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 20:13]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:09 - Jan 20 with 3443 viewsitfcsuth

From the same forum:

SB

Not uncommon though - that’s how it generally works. You can only learn what type of player you are getting by people who have seen him.

He seems to get mixed views throughout to be fair.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 20:10]
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:15 - Jan 20 with 3376 viewsStokieBlue

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:09 - Jan 20 by itfcsuth

Not uncommon though - that’s how it generally works. You can only learn what type of player you are getting by people who have seen him.

He seems to get mixed views throughout to be fair.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 20:10]

Those views always come with huge bias as demonstrated that you can select two different links from that forum and get different views entirely.

So not only do you get the bias from the poster here but the bias from the other fan. Unfortunately on here it's almost always negative bias which is demonstrated.

I couldn't care less what the Bristol City fans say about him, I'll form my opinion based on what he does on the pitch and around the club at Ipswich.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:31 - Jan 20 with 3280 viewsChurchman

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 19:56 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

If Pearson is showing a true reflection of the situation. Its a shame It appears the attitude isn't a one off or changed as he's got older. Below from Luton sale...

We made a conscious decision that if he wasn’t going to impact our first team in the near future, which he wasn’t going to, and when it was blatantly clear from an attitude change from the player, we felt it was in the best interests of the club to get the best deal possible to enable us to move forward and develop the numerous players that actually want to continue their development with Luton Town

( looking at it. He appears to have been given his first Prof contract at 16. Demanded first team football or to leave for a higher leagues u23. At 17.

So sounds like a player with talent. But unless as Pearson says things aren't going his way, that's when you get the attitude.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 20:13]

Jeez, if I was judged by what I said and did at 16 or 17, life for me would have been a lot tougher than it was.

Forget the Bristol driven mistrust and hatred of MA. Bakinson is here now - let the bloke do his thing and judge him on that. If he’s a tool, he’ll be gone in the summer.

The only issue I have is with his parents. What were they thinking when they gave him the initials TB???
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:34 - Jan 20 with 3259 viewschrismakin

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:15 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Those views always come with huge bias as demonstrated that you can select two different links from that forum and get different views entirely.

So not only do you get the bias from the poster here but the bias from the other fan. Unfortunately on here it's almost always negative bias which is demonstrated.

I couldn't care less what the Bristol City fans say about him, I'll form my opinion based on what he does on the pitch and around the club at Ipswich.

SB

SB genuinely, what do you see the forum being if not a discussion platform of varying opinions and content...

Phil pops his news stories on. The forum is there for people to discuss football and I'm sure Phil and Gav then hope their story is discussed.

Good threads start about said player. And people look to learn more about the player the club has signed. They see that not everything is positive so share what they've found. It can then be discussed by those who wish to. Or ignored

If your view is to wait for the future before you share you opinion on the player.. why even open said thread or even reply to the OP just to tell them you will be waiting before having a view on the player.

BTW. You are complete free to do what you wish. I was just curious.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 20:41]

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:40 - Jan 20 with 3207 viewschrismakin

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:31 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Jeez, if I was judged by what I said and did at 16 or 17, life for me would have been a lot tougher than it was.

Forget the Bristol driven mistrust and hatred of MA. Bakinson is here now - let the bloke do his thing and judge him on that. If he’s a tool, he’ll be gone in the summer.

The only issue I have is with his parents. What were they thinking when they gave him the initials TB???

Agree with your first point.. altho that's why I said IF Pearson was truthful then it's 7 years and the same attitude... so yes imo something a bit worrying which could have a negative effect. Of course we can just let him go in the summer which is fine. But a bad egg during business end of the season isn't something I would want really.

Hopefully as you say he's a quality player. And all of it is just Pearson being upset at losing him.

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:50 - Jan 20 with 3136 viewsitfcsuth

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:15 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

SB

I do agree you’ll generally always get two sides of the opinion, and I do agree we should base our opinion on his time here.

But it is always standard practice to see what other fans think of players & managers alike as a guidance. I always remember Wigan fans stating how stubborn Cook was with his 4-2-3-1, and that he had no plan B, and that ultimately proved to be true.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 23:36]
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 23:07 - Jan 20 with 2703 viewsbexhillreds

From the same forum:

SB

City fan in peace…..Thought you might want a reasoned opinion of Bakinson, a couple of seasons ago I thought he was the real deal, playing the quarterback role in midfield, just making us tick. Then teams got him sussed and nullified him, and he’s never regained that ability. To his detriment he is very languid, don’t expect him to run 30 yards and two foot a player 6ft in the air a la Savage, which is why perhaps Pearson has had a less than subtle dig. This last couple of seasons more often than not we’ve seen him lose the ball in midfield then aimlessly trott back whilst the opposition score.

I still think there is a player in there, but I’m not sure he’s got the drive and work ethic to be a professional footballer. Maybe under your set up you’ll get him playing to his capability, certainly on today’s Pearson presser, he’s unlikely to be welcomed back anytime soon.
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 00:16 - Jan 21 with 2514 viewsFightingEssex

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:57 - Jan 20 by mylittletown

I'd swap tomorrow, I'd also expect them to beat us comfortably if we played them, which is probably why it is a good decision to recruit from the Championship, he can't be any worse behind the scenes then a few we already have are.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 07:33 - Jan 21 with 2196 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

From the same forum:

SB

It isn't usually negative, most comments in the Summer about signings were positive as far as I remember. Essentially you are making a narrative up here because some people have had the audacity to disagree with you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 07:40 - Jan 21 with 2166 viewsPlums

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 20:31 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Agree. If he’s been given a choice of playing for Pearson who seems to have an issue with him and a young, well respected coach who a few weeks ago was coaching ManUre who wants him, I don’t imaging it was much of a choice. Unless McK hasn’t actually signed him - and that’s a whole different ball game.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 07:54 - Jan 21 with 2122 viewsunstableblue

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 23:07 - Jan 20 by bexhillreds

City fan in peace…..Thought you might want a reasoned opinion of Bakinson, a couple of seasons ago I thought he was the real deal, playing the quarterback role in midfield, just making us tick. Then teams got him sussed and nullified him, and he’s never regained that ability. To his detriment he is very languid, don’t expect him to run 30 yards and two foot a player 6ft in the air a la Savage, which is why perhaps Pearson has had a less than subtle dig. This last couple of seasons more often than not we’ve seen him lose the ball in midfield then aimlessly trott back whilst the opposition score.

I still think there is a player in there, but I’m not sure he’s got the drive and work ethic to be a professional footballer. Maybe under your set up you’ll get him playing to his capability, certainly on today’s Pearson presser, he’s unlikely to be welcomed back anytime soon.

Thanks for your views.

Bit of an irrational‘Bristol City fans views aren’t valid because we don’t like them” vibe on this board, especially with regard Ashton.

Sounds like Bakinson has some merits, especially range of passing. I think our manager is getting frustrated with Evans consistency on that front. Funnily enough in his joining interview he’s claiming box to box.

McKenna needs him NOT to be lethargic and to be supporting a constant press, so just don’t see he’s going to get game time if most of what OTIB forum posters are saying.

But I always think players can transform elements of their game, under new managers and in new groups of players. We shall see.

I do think this will be an Ashton suggested move, but I’m sure McKenna will have a vetted and come up with the need in the first place.

Remember Ashton is in a different place here with a football chairman providing governance, and at least one football savvy owner.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:31 - Jan 21 with 1986 viewschrismakin

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 07:54 - Jan 21 by unstableblue

Thanks for your views.

Bit of an irrational‘Bristol City fans views aren’t valid because we don’t like them” vibe on this board, especially with regard Ashton.

Sounds like Bakinson has some merits, especially range of passing. I think our manager is getting frustrated with Evans consistency on that front. Funnily enough in his joining interview he’s claiming box to box.

McKenna needs him NOT to be lethargic and to be supporting a constant press, so just don’t see he’s going to get game time if most of what OTIB forum posters are saying.

But I always think players can transform elements of their game, under new managers and in new groups of players. We shall see.

I do think this will be an Ashton suggested move, but I’m sure McKenna will have a vetted and come up with the need in the first place.

Remember Ashton is in a different place here with a football chairman providing governance, and at least one football savvy owner.

Unstable. Didn't O'leary say he would start off heavily involved but then once Ashton was in place he would back away and leave Ashton to run the club on and off the pitch.
Not saying that's a negative. Isn't that giving Ashton licence to do more of what he wants to do compared to his time at Bristol where he had 2 people to answer to on a daily basis?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:45 - Jan 21 with 1925 viewsWickets

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 17:47 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Yes so its a no lose situation for us really .
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:57 - Jan 21 with 1837 viewsChurchman

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:45 - Jan 21 by Wickets

Yes so its a no lose situation for us really .

I think so. The only question is whether or not he is taking up a spot in the squad that could have been filled with a player we need more, such as a left back. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see what the squad looks like in 10 days time and how Bakinson settles. He may do the best behaviour bit while on loan, but I would hope KM and co have enough about them to identify if he really is trouble and if he has anything to add to us.
Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 09:21 - Jan 21 with 1749 viewsunstableblue

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:31 - Jan 21 by chrismakin

Unstable. Didn't O'leary say he would start off heavily involved but then once Ashton was in place he would back away and leave Ashton to run the club on and off the pitch.
Not saying that's a negative. Isn't that giving Ashton licence to do more of what he wants to do compared to his time at Bristol where he had 2 people to answer to on a daily basis?

I still think there is a big difference, even if Ashton does step back a little from what I believe is a day a week at PR (is that correct Phil?) and being at every game. Is that we have a governance and leadership structure above Ashton, and so he can never 'do what he wants' on big ticket items.

And I think Bakay for example also has football ops/mgmt experience and pedigree.

Those people are governing and providing due diligence on Ashton's club decisions.

Whereas at Bristol City as I understand it Ashton had Lansdown, his son, and ex financier and a CFO - which smacks of Marcus Evans type oversight, i.e. non football pedigree.

Hope I'm right.

But as I've always said, no smoke without fire, and we should as fans still consider that there is some risk with Ashton. Hopefully mitigated by his lessons learntat Watford, Bristol City and the mitigations above of a COMPLETELY different organisation.

As always we just need a win Saturday, dismiss the niggling concerns that the issues is squad 'personality' and go on a play-off run, or AT LEAST a run of decent form.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 1658 viewstractorboy1978

Brizzle Fans views on Bakinson on 08:31 - Jan 21 by chrismakin

You really are clutching at straws if you are saying he has less oversight here than he did at Bristol City.

I'm also bemused at this idea that a CEO having a significant amount of control day to day is bad. Of course they do - that's their bloody job and why the shareholders of any business pay them big bucks. If they fail, they end up leaving. Ashton's job may be more secure than most but he's certainly accountable and in my experience American businessmen can be more ruthless than most.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 9:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024