Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. 17:43 - Jan 20 with 3045 viewsMattinLondon

We’re thinking of planning a weekend trip to Liverpool. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to visit? Must be child friendly as apparently we have to take them with us.

Thanks in advance.

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:44 - Jan 20 with 2000 viewsfooters

Do your children know anything about hubcaps yet?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:44]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:46 - Jan 20 with 1983 viewsWacko

Royal Albert Docks has everything

https://albertdock.com/plan-your-visit

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:48 - Jan 20 with 1978 viewsRadioOrwell

I'm not bothered with the Beatles but I would go to the Cavern.
( sentimental old man speaks )
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:49 - Jan 20 with 1965 viewswkj

There is this girl i used to fancy on Facebook that lives there.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:55 - Jan 20 with 1942 viewsjeera

Football and city knowledge Peter Carney tour?

Not sure of the age of your kids.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:55 - Jan 20 with 1940 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Manchester.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:58 - Jan 20 with 1934 viewsfactual_blue

Get straight back on the train would be my advice.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 1896 viewsMattinLondon

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:49 - Jan 20 by wkj

I used to see a girl up in Liverpool before I settled down. She lived in a place called Sunshine (can’t remember the rest of the name). Or it could well have been sunny something. A small village like place in Liverpool.
Login to get fewer ads

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:19 - Jan 20 with 1883 viewsjeera

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:15 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

I used to see a girl up in Liverpool before I settled down. She lived in a place called Sunshine (can’t remember the rest of the name). Or it could well have been sunny something. A small village like place in Liverpool.

Are you sure she didn't just call herself Sunshine?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:21 - Jan 20 with 1874 viewsMullet

Go to Manchester

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:21 - Jan 20 with 1870 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:49 - Jan 20 by wkj

Was she originally from London?
In case Matt is in Sussex and well, why not....

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:22 - Jan 20 with 1866 viewsMattinLondon

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 17:44 - Jan 20 by footers

Do your children know anything about hubcaps yet?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:44]

Nah, they’re not from Lowestoft
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:27 - Jan 20 with 1845 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:22 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

Liverpool kids are much nicer, they even offer to look after your car for just a few pounds when you park it.

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:35 - Jan 20 with 1826 viewsMattinLondon

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:27 - Jan 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Liverpool kids are much nicer, they even offer to look after your car for just a few pounds when you park it.

Do I have to bring my own bricks or do the kids provide their own when looking after cars?
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:37 - Jan 20 with 1818 viewsfooters

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:22 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

There aren't any left to steal in Lowestoft. Everyone knows that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:39 - Jan 20 with 1814 viewsFather_Jack

Port Sunlight? That's actually in Wirral - posh bit the other side of the Mersey (once you get through Birkenhead).

Less is more.

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:47 - Jan 20 with 1789 viewsLord_Lucan

The police station

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:02 - Jan 20 with 1762 viewsLord_Lucan

I saw a girl up there just prior to my Mrs. She lived on Granby St in Toxteth. It was grim - just after the riots as well.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:07 - Jan 20 with 1744 viewsMattinLondon

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:39 - Jan 20 by Father_Jack

Port Sunlight? That's actually in Wirral - posh bit the other side of the Mersey (once you get through Birkenhead).

That’s the place. Think it was a village built by Quakers for their workers - I could be wrong about this.
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:07 - Jan 20 with 1741 viewschicoazul

Leave.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:08 - Jan 20 with 1741 viewsSWGF

Depends how old your kids are. We took ours last half term. There's the British Music thingy which has a shed load of memorabilia. Beatles Museum, obv. Tate. Another museum up by the train station. Manchester and the National Football Museum is only a train ride away.

There was a really nice tapas place we found. Can try to dig out the name.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 1730 viewsfactual_blue

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 18:37 - Jan 20 by footers

There aren't any left to steal in Lowestoft. Everyone knows that.

Children?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 1722 viewsMattinLondon

Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:08 - Jan 20 by SWGF

Depends how old your kids are. We took ours last half term. There's the British Music thingy which has a shed load of memorabilia. Beatles Museum, obv. Tate. Another museum up by the train station. Manchester and the National Football Museum is only a train ride away.

There was a really nice tapas place we found. Can try to dig out the name.

That’s very kind of you but my other half doesn’t like Tapas. Thanks anyway.
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:17 - Jan 20 with 1714 viewssoupytwist

This thread gives the answers I got when asking the same question a few years back -
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? by soupytwist 16 Jul 2019 12:50
Does anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? Probably going to go to the Keith Haring exhibition at the Tate and make a weekend of it? Places to stay, things to do etc. (not intending to go to the Cavern unless I really have to).

Thanks

From what I remember, doing the ferry trip was a good way to spend an hour or so and the kids liked the British Music Experience - https://g.page/britishmusicexperiencemuseum?share

The Anglican cathedral is impressive too.

Walking along the historic waterfront was good, there's some decent museums at Albert Dock.

Went here for breakfast, it was excellent - https://goo.gl/maps/R2zDHiqtUhR8rgqH7

Went to quite a big Chinese restaurant on Berry Street for dinner on Saturday night (everywhere else near our accommodation was really busy but they could fit us in 'cos of their size). Can't remember the name but distinctly average.

In general it's a great place to go. If you're used to the east coast, going somewhere that historically has been so focussed on looking west is really interesting.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 19:26]
Things to do in Liverpool. Ideas please. on 19:32 - Jan 20 with 1659 viewscbower

The World Museum adjacent to the Walker Art gallery is superb. Some good interactive bits in the Natural History section and a couple of hours will fly by. Best of all it's free! All around Albert Dock is pleasant, including the Maritime Museum and the Tate gallery. The Antony Gormley statues in the sand at the mouth of the Mersey are fabulous when the tide is one the move. Kids will like them I reckon. Up by the Catholic Cathedral you can go to the historic Philharmonic pub with its Art Deco toilets. The Anglican cathedral is very imposing. 7 miles outside the city centre is Knowsley Safari Park (I could hear the lions from my childhood home and used to do cross country through parts of the Park Estate!). Loads of restaurants in city centre and of course singing Ferry across the Mersey could be fun to embarrass your kids!

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024