Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson approval rating 12:48 - Jan 21 with 2114 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Johnson approval rating on 12:54 - Jan 21 with 1610 viewswkj

Yet oddly, these type of polls rarely translate to the next election if dealing with an incumbent. It didn't for Kinnock and Milliband

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Johnson approval rating on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 1561 viewsPlums

Johnson approval rating on 12:54 - Jan 21 by wkj

Yet oddly, these type of polls rarely translate to the next election if dealing with an incumbent. It didn't for Kinnock and Milliband

Kinnock and Miliband were undone by the same press barons who put Boris in Number 10.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Johnson approval rating on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 1552 viewsSteve_M

Largely because Johnson won't make it to an election in this case, indeed I'm not sure he'll make it to next month.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Johnson approval rating on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 1553 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I must have missed the premiership of both Kinnock and Milliband.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Johnson approval rating on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 1546 viewswkj

Johnson approval rating on 13:01 - Jan 21 by Plums

Kinnock and Miliband were undone by the same press barons who put Boris in Number 10.

Let's hope there are press barons on the other side who can put Boris in Cellblock 10

Crybaby

Johnson approval rating on 13:04 - Jan 21 with 1539 viewswkj

Johnson approval rating on 13:02 - Jan 21 by You_Bloo_Right

I must have missed the premiership of both Kinnock and Milliband.

It might be worded poorly, but Kinnock and Milliband started polling above Thatcher and Cameron respectively. So, it didn't help them in the following elections is what I was poking at.

Crybaby

Johnson approval rating on 13:06 - Jan 21 with 1537 viewsHerbivore

I'm amazed that between 1 in 5 and 1 in 3 still approve of him. Absolute psychopaths, they need removing from society.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson approval rating on 13:07 - Jan 21 with 1514 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really true re Milliband, whilst Cameron’s rating wasn’t always favourable Milliband consistently polled lower across 2010-2015. There was certainly nothing like the kind of figures Johnson is now seeing

Can’t really comment on 1992 as leader approval rating data doesn’t appear to be available in the same way as for recent elections. What you state would certainly figure there though given the leads Labour generally held during that period - but worth also noting that 1992 was a particularly weird election for a number of reasons and therefore something of an outlier!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson approval rating on 13:08 - Jan 21 with 1516 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Johnson approval rating on 13:04 - Jan 21 by wkj

It might be worded poorly, but Kinnock and Milliband started polling above Thatcher and Cameron respectively. So, it didn't help them in the following elections is what I was poking at.

OK got it ta.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Johnson approval rating on 13:09 - Jan 21 with 1492 viewstractordownsouth

During his time as leader the Labour Party was ahead in the polls but Miliband was never ahead of Cameron in the Best PM polling.

Johnson approval rating on 13:14 - Jan 21 with 1434 viewsWD19

Johnson approval rating on 13:06 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

I'm amazed that between 1 in 5 and 1 in 3 still approve of him. Absolute psychopaths, they need removing from society.

Koonters won't like that!

....oh, sorry, you meant the sliver that still approve of Boris......
Johnson approval rating on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 1401 viewsDarth_Koont

Johnson approval rating on 13:14 - Jan 21 by WD19

Koonters won't like that!

....oh, sorry, you meant the sliver that still approve of Boris......

Hah!

Only difference was that it took 4 years of lying about Corbyn to put him there. And in Johnson’s case, 1 week of telling the truth.

Pronouns: He/Him

Johnson approval rating on 13:20 - Jan 21 with 1362 viewsfooters

Johnson approval rating on 13:06 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

I'm more concerned about the 20% who said 'neither' n one of the polls!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 13:27]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Johnson approval rating on 13:22 - Jan 21 with 1338 viewswkj

Johnson approval rating on 13:09 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

During his time as leader the Labour Party was ahead in the polls but Miliband was never ahead of Cameron in the Best PM polling.

I swear in 2015 there was a bit of hubub about Milliband polling higher than Cameron> Maybe that was before his bacon sandwich eating caused the usual suspects to convulse.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 13:25]

Crybaby

Johnson approval rating on 13:45 - Jan 21 with 1204 viewsgordon

The worst Cameron's approval ratings ever got to was about -30, Milliband's approval ratings were as low as the -40s in the months before the 2015 election. Not really comparable to the current situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_approval_opinion_polling_for_the_2015_U
Johnson approval rating on 13:52 - Jan 21 with 1170 viewsGlasgowBlue

Johnson approval rating on 13:04 - Jan 21 by wkj

I stand to be corrected but I don’t believe Kinnock ever polled ahead of Thatcher. She won a landlside against him in 87.

Kinnock did lead Major in 92. He would have won but for acting like a dick at a convention the night before the election and the misleading election broadcast featuring “Jenifer’s ear”.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 14:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson approval rating on 14:04 - Jan 21 with 1112 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson approval rating on 13:52 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

I stand to be corrected but I don’t believe Kinnock ever polled ahead of Thatcher. She won a landlside against him in 87.

Kinnock did lead Major in 92. He would have won but for acting like a dick at a convention the night before the election and the misleading election broadcast featuring “Jenifer’s ear”.

Read somewhere that the only 2 candidates to lose despite being rated as a better PM than their opponent since that polling measure began in the late 1970s are Kinnock in 92 and Michael Howard in 05.

Johnson approval rating on 14:08 - Jan 21 with 1085 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson approval rating on 14:04 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

Read somewhere that the only 2 candidates to lose despite being rated as a better PM than their opponent since that polling measure began in the late 1970s are Kinnock in 92 and Michael Howard in 05.

Did he threaten to overrule him?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Johnson approval rating on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 1054 viewsGlasgowBlue

Johnson approval rating on 14:04 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

Scotland saved Labour in 2005. Which is contrary to DK’s claim that Blair lost Scotland.

Without the Scottish Labour vote in 2005 we’d have had Michael Howard as PM.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson approval rating on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 1005 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson approval rating on 13:52 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

That 92 election was a mind blower.

Kinnock couldn't have messed it up better if he tried

What was the saying he kept yelling at that conference thing? "Are you ready", " Are we good", "Oh yeah" -????

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Johnson approval rating on 14:25 - Jan 21 with 975 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Johnson approval rating on 14:13 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Scotland saved Labour in 2005. Which is contrary to DK’s claim that Blair lost Scotland.

The Scottish vote under New Labour held up fine under New Labour - across their spell in power they polled 900k-1.2m and between 39-45% of the share throughout. Looking solely at the start and the end overall votes dropped by 100k when comparing 1992 and 2010 but the share was actually increased by 3%

It was only post-Brown that the vote crashed, firstly under Milliband and then another 6 points in 2019 under Corbyn

I’ve pointed this out to DK before but for some reason he still insists on peddling the myth (lie) that New Labour lost the Scottish vote

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Johnson approval rating on 14:26 - Jan 21 with 965 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson approval rating on 14:13 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure that's right on the numbers. Even had the Tories won every seat in Scotland they'd have had 256 MPs, compared to 314 for Labour. I doubt Charles Kennedy would've backed the Tories in parliament - surely the most likely outcome would've been a Lab-Lib coalition or confidence and supply with the price being Blair's resignation and Brown installed as PM?

Johnson approval rating on 14:30 - Jan 21 with 940 viewsHARRY10

I don't think anyone is claiming that polls taken in the last few days are any indication of voting intentions at the next General Election.

What they do show is how deeply unpopular Johnson is. And that unpopularity is not a blip, but is something that has been growing steadily since early October.

Where it will be tested is once Johnson has been replaced. Will the Tories slowly climb back, or will Labour continue to maintain a lead, albeit not so overwhelmingly as now ?
Johnson approval rating on 14:30 - Jan 21 with 941 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson approval rating on 14:25 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The Scottish vote under New Labour held up fine under New Labour - across their spell in power they polled 900k-1.2m and between 39-45% of the share throughout. Looking solely at the start and the end overall votes dropped by 100k when comparing 1992 and 2010 but the share was actually increased by 3%

It was only post-Brown that the vote crashed, firstly under Milliband and then another 6 points in 2019 under Corbyn

I’ve pointed this out to DK before but for some reason he still insists on peddling the myth (lie) that New Labour lost the Scottish vote

Yeah Brown held it together well in 2010, considering the Labour vote went up in Scotland despite losing almost 100 seats across the UK.

2015 was an absolute sh1tshow of course but Scottish Labour is even further behind now. In many of those 2015 SNP gains Labour aren't even in 2nd place.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 14:31]

Johnson approval rating on 14:36 - Jan 21 with 900 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson approval rating on 14:30 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

I don't think anyone is claiming that polls taken in the last few days are any indication of voting intentions at the next General Election.

What they do show is how deeply unpopular Johnson is. And that unpopularity is not a blip, but is something that has been growing steadily since early October.

Where it will be tested is once Johnson has been replaced. Will the Tories slowly climb back, or will Labour continue to maintain a lead, albeit not so overwhelmingly as now ?

Yeah, despite the polls there isn't going to a Labour landslide at the next election. It was more to illustrate how far Johnson has sunk and that if the Tories have any sense they'll get rid of him ASAP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024