Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being 14:22 - Jan 21 with 3707 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good stuff from Rory Stewart on our electoral system.

If only the parliamentary party had the vision to have put hm through against Johnson in the leadership election.

https://www.ft.com/content/dec2e1ed-d827-41de-a827-b9d7fbf06fd0

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:33 - Jan 21 with 1763 viewsHARRY10

Johnson is the boxer who can talk the talk, but is totally out of his depth in the ring.

A bantamweight taking on a heavyweights fight.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1756 viewsBobbychase

A year or so ago I heard a radio interview with a woman who shared an office with Boris Johnson when he was working in Brussels. She said he is, at heart, a fan of the UK being in Europe.

But it suited his career to pick a side in the Brexit debate, and here we are.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:36 - Jan 21 with 1740 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:33 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

Johnson is the boxer who can talk the talk, but is totally out of his depth in the ring.

A bantamweight taking on a heavyweights fight.

Completely unrelated to the linked article.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:42 - Jan 21 with 1716 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:35 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

A year or so ago I heard a radio interview with a woman who shared an office with Boris Johnson when he was working in Brussels. She said he is, at heart, a fan of the UK being in Europe.

Actually I must step in here as I have read pretty much everything about Boris Johnson. Whilst he might agree with free European trade and close partnership he is anti European Union as a political machine. This stems from as far back as when Stanley was employed by Brussels.

He also demonstrated this on a weekly basis when he was the Telegraphs EU correspondent - so much so that John Major has never forgiven him.

Up yours Delores.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 1680 viewsBobbychase

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:42 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Actually I must step in here as I have read pretty much everything about Boris Johnson. Whilst he might agree with free European trade and close partnership he is anti European Union as a political machine. This stems from as far back as when Stanley was employed by Brussels.

He also demonstrated this on a weekly basis when he was the Telegraphs EU correspondent - so much so that John Major has never forgiven him.

Up yours Delores.

That's what he WROTE. The woman who was interviewed doubted he believed most of it.

Bear in mind he wrote two newspaper columns, one in favour of remain and one in favour of leave. You don't do that if you have strong beliefs one way or the other.

It's almost like now, when he simply cannot believe half the words that come out of his own mouth.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 1685 viewsDarth_Koont

Stewart may be better than Boris. But the problem is that when we reach such a low-water mark of our own democratic free will, then probably time to demand a lot, lot better from the politicians and pundits who step into the void.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:49 - Jan 21 with 1672 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:36 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Completely unrelated to the linked article.

That it was dismissive of your hero ?
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:53 - Jan 21 with 1624 viewsZapers

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:49 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

who's your hero Harry?
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:54 - Jan 21 with 1622 viewsFightingEssex

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:35 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

He wrote two articles at the time of the referendum both for and against the EU, and bet against as the fastest route to being PM which would have happened in 2016 had Gove not blocked him off. He’s everything wrong with politics.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:54 - Jan 21 with 1620 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:42 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Up yours Delores.

Including his suooirt for the EU

The reality is Johnson is a snide opportunist, will to spout whatever is required to further his own aims.

He has no principles, other than his own advancement, so will lie and deceive where he sees necessary - ask his former wives and family.

Talk to those who have worked with him, and employed him.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1605 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:48 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

That's what he WROTE. The woman who was interviewed doubted he believed most of it.

Bear in mind he wrote two newspaper columns, one in favour of remain and one in favour of leave. You don't do that if you have strong beliefs one way or the other.

It's almost like now, when he simply cannot believe half the words that come out of his own mouth.

Like many things in life it's more complicated than you think - but ultimately you are incorrect in what you say.

My views are similar to his re Europe but I just about swayed to the opposite side and thought we should have remained.

One of my biggest pet hates is all this stupid badmouthing of Brexiters and claiming they are thick, to be honest I think you have to be an opinionated numbskull fart to offer that opinion. The whole thing is so involved, it's not a cut and shut.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:01 - Jan 21 with 1581 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:49 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

Yeah my posting history, both before he became pm and after, has clearly demonstrated that Boris Johnson is my hero

You really are a daft old sod H. But highly amusing nevertheless.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 15:04]

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 1553 viewsZapers

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:01 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah my posting history, both before he became pm and after, has clearly demonstrated that Boris Johnson is my hero

you'll be tugging your forelock next!
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:08 - Jan 21 with 1532 viewsArnoldMoorhen

He was the most impressive performer in the televised debates. Which is why BJ had him deselected by text so that he was eliminated as a threat. A very sh1tty move, and one that eg Thatcher never resorted to with her opponents within.

He has been consistently very good in his analysis throughout Covid. His stock has risen. Hopefully he'll have a substantial role to play in Public life at some point in the future.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:12 - Jan 21 with 1519 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Like many things in life it's more complicated than you think - but ultimately you are incorrect in what you say.

My views are similar to his re Europe but I just about swayed to the opposite side and thought we should have remained.

One of my biggest pet hates is all this stupid badmouthing of Brexiters and claiming they are thick, to be honest I think you have to be an opinionated numbskull fart to offer that opinion. The whole thing is so involved, it's not a cut and shut.

I base my view on brexiteers being thick on those I have spoken to, and those I have/read/heard via the media.

With the firmer it was eiether sheep like bleats without any attempt to put forward a rational arguments, with the latter...... much the same.

As an example I give you someone local, Jame Munnery, ex Lowestoft MEP, who claims Johnson lied to her. What he lied about was the UK being able to rip up and ignore the CFP, and the practicalities of landing fish in the EU after banning EU boats from UK waters.

Just how thick was she to imagine such a thing could happen ?

How many brexiters actually understood what the EU Parliament, Commission or council did. None that I heard or spoke to. With the response just being to close their eyes, while rocking back and forward bleat 'project fear'.

Well take a look at what is happening currently at Dover.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:12 - Jan 21 with 1516 viewsBobbychase

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not badmouthing Brexiters, I'm just saying a man who writes two columns offering different views on such a huge issue is not a man who has a strongly-held view either way.

And many, many people who have worked with him have said for years he is a blatant opportunist so we shouldn't be surprised how things have panned out.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:13 - Jan 21 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:08 - Jan 21 by ArnoldMoorhen

He was the most impressive performer in the televised debates. Which is why BJ had him deselected by text so that he was eliminated as a threat. A very sh1tty move, and one that eg Thatcher never resorted to with her opponents within.

He has been consistently very good in his analysis throughout Covid. His stock has risen. Hopefully he'll have a substantial role to play in Public life at some point in the future.

You'd like to think so.

We hear a lot of chatter about Corbyn starting a new party. I'd like to see Rory Stewart and some of the deselected One Nation Tories d the same.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:15 - Jan 21 with 1488 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:12 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

I base my view on brexiteers being thick on those I have spoken to, and those I have/read/heard via the media.

With the firmer it was eiether sheep like bleats without any attempt to put forward a rational arguments, with the latter...... much the same.

As an example I give you someone local, Jame Munnery, ex Lowestoft MEP, who claims Johnson lied to her. What he lied about was the UK being able to rip up and ignore the CFP, and the practicalities of landing fish in the EU after banning EU boats from UK waters.

How many brexiters actually understood what the EU Parliament, Commission or council did. None that I heard or spoke to. With the response just being to close their eyes, while rocking back and forward bleat 'project fear'.

Of inly Brexitors cud speel as will ass u Hurry. Than they woodunt bee so thuck.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 1473 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:01 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Not so old, and like Italy in 1943 you seem desperate to deny your 'former' allegiance

but as the bible would have

blessed is blessed is he that repents
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 1471 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:12 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

I'm not badmouthing Brexiters, I'm just saying a man who writes two columns offering different views on such a huge issue is not a man who has a strongly-held view either way.

And many, many people who have worked with him have said for years he is a blatant opportunist so we shouldn't be surprised how things have panned out.

I know you weren't badmouthing Brexiters yourself and I'm sorry if my reply came across that way.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:21 - Jan 21 with 1461 viewsBobbychase

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:19 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

I know you weren't badmouthing Brexiters yourself and I'm sorry if my reply came across that way.

No worries.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:22 - Jan 21 with 1448 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:18 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

Not so old, and like Italy in 1943 you seem desperate to deny your 'former' allegiance

Nope. Quit happy to admit to my former allegiance to the Tory party.

Boris Johnson has never been my hero.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:27 - Jan 21 with 1432 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:18 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

To be fair to GB he has never had a great deal of time for Bojo

GB is a Tory "Wet" at best, although recently he actually seems to be heading down a Marxist tunnel in order to gain board acceptance, yet you all still treat him like Adolf..

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:27 - Jan 21 with 1431 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:22 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Nope. Quit happy to admit to my former allegiance to the Tory party.

Boris Johnson has never been my hero.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm prepared to offer a character reference on this. GlasgowBlue didn't vote for Boris in the Tory leadership election because he had already left the Tory Party due to their "coalition that isn't" deal with the likes of Sammy Wilson in the DUP.

He did support Brexit, though.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:28 - Jan 21 with 1425 viewsbluelagos

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:12 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

Couple of things Harry.

Much like calling people reluctant to get vaccinated thick or selfish is unlikely to change people's minds, I suggest the same when labeling someone thick for their support of vote Leave. It's hardly conducive to changing people's position.

'Naive' or 'gullible' seems a far better description, especially given the lies that people were fed.
---
"How many brexiters actually understood what the EU Parliament, Commission or council did"

Tbh, I don't think many of us had much of a clue, it's just not something we get into unless it's part of the day job. Accept absolutely those pedaling the lies about the EU were quick to label it undemocratic without much understanding of the democratic roles played by the various EU arms.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024