Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list 14:54 - Jan 21 with 3339 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 2461 viewsKieran_Knows

Jesus wept. How many more loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here?

And as for Harper, poor bloke. 12 months ago playing in the Prem, now he can't even get in a midtable League 1 side.

Poor from Town, IMO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:02 - Jan 21 with 2407 viewstractordownsouth

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

Jesus wept. How many more loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here?

And as for Harper, poor bloke. 12 months ago playing in the Prem, now he can't even get in a midtable League 1 side.

Poor from Town, IMO.

Presumably the idea is to keep them around in case Bakinson doesn't work out and Carroll leaves at the end of the year.

I still would have preferred to keep El Mizouni, but let's hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:02 - Jan 21 with 2395 viewsHerbivore

Poor from Town, IMO.

If they are currently down the pecking order though then surely it makes more sense to get them out playing proper football than it does to have them twiddling their thumbs and playing under 23 games?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 2360 viewsStokieBlue

Poor from Town, IMO.

I think this is a very strange take.

Harper has been unable to force himself into the team under two different managers, how on earth is that Town's fault? It's entirely on the player.

El Mizouni is clearly a little way down the list for starters and whilst he's done OK in the matches he's played he's also not done enough to force his way ahead of our other players. Could be a little bit of blue-tinted academy specs here as well. A loan in League One might actually help him progress.

To blame both situations on Town seems bizarre to me. Do you think players should be given chances regardless of their performances in the team and training?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 2363 viewsNthQldITFC

Poor from Town, IMO.

Dunno. If (and I know it's a big if) they can be guaranteed game time at League 2 or lower League 1 level for half a season, then that's very worthwhile experience for them. They're unlikely to get much game time here this year, and McKenna has says they've both got a future here.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 2332 viewsSaigonTractor

Poor from Town, IMO.

Why is it poor? If El Mizouni isn't good enough yet then there's no point in putting him in the team.

Everyone assumes our youth players are all the next Dyer or Wickham just waiting for a run of games, based on sheer wishful thinking rather than anything else.
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 2326 viewsMerseyBlue

Poor from Town, IMO.

I felt what McKenna said was fair though. He clearly sees a future for them here so a good run of games somewhere in the second half of the season should do them good.

That also makes it a bit easier for McKenna to make use of Bakinson, and possibly squeeze in some game time for Carroll and Nolan if they can get themselves fit. They aren't the future like El Miz and Harper could be, but they could help us out in the short term. Even if it is just so McKenna can assess what he wants to do with them, it may add some value that isn't really there at the moment.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 2315 viewsIllinoisblue

Poor from Town, IMO.

It would make more sense if we were bringing in proven quality. A Bristol City reserve doesn’t quite fit that description.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:08 - Jan 21 with 2315 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Harper is a strange one, came with such a reputation so not sure what's going on.

El Miz makes more sense but I really hope there is pathway for him here, all for a loan if it helps him develop but I hope the lad isn't disheartened as a run of games would do him the world of good

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:09 - Jan 21 with 2302 viewsKieran_Knows

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:04 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

I think this is a very strange take.

Harper has been unable to force himself into the team under two different managers, how on earth is that Town's fault? It's entirely on the player.

El Mizouni is clearly a little way down the list for starters and whilst he's done OK in the matches he's played he's also not done enough to force his way ahead of our other players. Could be a little bit of blue-tinted academy specs here as well. A loan in League One might actually help him progress.

To blame both situations on Town seems bizarre to me. Do you think players should be given chances regardless of their performances in the team and training?

SB

As I say, how many loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here? Can't say I've followed those loans closely, but from what I've read he's done well in them and when he has got a game here, he's played well in them also. We can't just keep sending him out on loan to get experience then not play him when he returns.

As for Harper, he came here with a decent reputation in the summer in the hope that he'd kick his career on (with a price tag of £250k). With the greatest of respects, Morsy and Evans have hardly pulled up any trees here (Morsy wouldn't get dropped as he's captain - fair enough), but the fact he's being shipped out on loan 6 months in to his time here just doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, I don't see them on a daily basis in training, but it just doesn't seem right with me that we're shipping them out whilst bringing in another centre mid in Bakinson who's had about the same number of games in his career as Harper.

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:11 - Jan 21 with 2281 viewsKieran_Knows

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 by SaigonTractor

Why is it poor? If El Mizouni isn't good enough yet then there's no point in putting him in the team.

Everyone assumes our youth players are all the next Dyer or Wickham just waiting for a run of games, based on sheer wishful thinking rather than anything else.

We keep being told El Mizouni needs to go out on loan to get games. He goes out on loan, gets games, plays well ... comes back and is still in the same boat?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:11 - Jan 21 with 2267 viewsStokieBlue

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:09 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

As I say, how many loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here? Can't say I've followed those loans closely, but from what I've read he's done well in them and when he has got a game here, he's played well in them also. We can't just keep sending him out on loan to get experience then not play him when he returns.

As for Harper, he came here with a decent reputation in the summer in the hope that he'd kick his career on (with a price tag of £250k). With the greatest of respects, Morsy and Evans have hardly pulled up any trees here (Morsy wouldn't get dropped as he's captain - fair enough), but the fact he's being shipped out on loan 6 months in to his time here just doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, I don't see them on a daily basis in training, but it just doesn't seem right with me that we're shipping them out whilst bringing in another centre mid in Bakinson who's had about the same number of games in his career as Harper.

Once again, hard to see how any of that is the clubs fault. You're essentially saying we should play players who are here regardless of the circumstances.

You're also writing off a new player before even seeing them.

SB

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:13 - Jan 21 with 2241 viewsfooters

What is happening with Carroll exactly? Many thought he'd be a decent short-term addition but barely featured. Has he been injured or just not selected?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:14 - Jan 21 with 2236 viewsKieran_Knows

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:11 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

Once again, hard to see how any of that is the clubs fault. You're essentially saying we should play players who are here regardless of the circumstances.

You're also writing off a new player before even seeing them.

SB

No I'm not. As I said above, we've been told the past 3-4 seasons that El Mizouni needs to go out on loan to get games - which he has done, and done well - only for him then to come back and still be in the same position.

I'm not writing Bakinson off, I hope he comes here and does well. But we're a mid-table League 1 club which is some way off the play-offs still. Why are we loaning him in when we have Harper and El Mizouni who are both at similar stages of their careers to what Bakinson is?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 2182 viewsStokieBlue

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:14 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

No I'm not. As I said above, we've been told the past 3-4 seasons that El Mizouni needs to go out on loan to get games - which he has done, and done well - only for him then to come back and still be in the same position.

I'm not writing Bakinson off, I hope he comes here and does well. But we're a mid-table League 1 club which is some way off the play-offs still. Why are we loaning him in when we have Harper and El Mizouni who are both at similar stages of their careers to what Bakinson is?

El Mizouni played a few times this year and did OK but I think it was clear he could benefit from more matches which at the moment he's only going to get on loan.

You are directly comparing him to two players without even seeing him play. How is that an informed opinion?

Not all players at the same stage of their careers are of the same quality or potential.

SB

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:21 - Jan 21 with 2150 viewsJakeITFC

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:13 - Jan 21 by footers

What is happening with Carroll exactly? Many thought he'd be a decent short-term addition but barely featured. Has he been injured or just not selected?

Mostly injured I think.
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:24 - Jan 21 with 2132 viewsChrisd

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:08 - Jan 21 by BlueandTruesince82

Harper is a strange one, came with such a reputation so not sure what's going on.

El Miz makes more sense but I really hope there is pathway for him here, all for a loan if it helps him develop but I hope the lad isn't disheartened as a run of games would do him the world of good

From what I remember from comments from WBA fans in the summer they made reference to him having plenty of ability, but still question marks over him. The fact some of our fans go overboard on a couple of appearances, rather than watching him over a solid amount of games probably doesn’t help matters. He’s shown glimpses of his ability in patches, but not enough to warrant a starting place.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:25 - Jan 21 with 2113 viewsjayessess

El Mizouni's loan spells haven't been so productive that you'd expect them to put him 1st team contention. Of the 3 spells he had only the first at Cambridge in 2019-20 earned him rave reviews. The second spell at Cambridge was underwhelming and he wasn't pulling up any trees when injury again curtailed his spell at Grimsby.

It was somewhat surprising when he pushed himself forward as a centre midfield option in the Summer. I think most people were expecting him to be off on another loan spell this season and that unless he really smashed it that might be that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:31 - Jan 21 with 2057 viewsHerbivore

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

It would make more sense if we were bringing in proven quality. A Bristol City reserve doesn’t quite fit that description.

I imagine Bakinson has played more minutes in the Championship this season than either Harper or El Miz have played in League 1. It's worth reminding ourselves that, depressingly, we're miles off Brizzle at the minute so there's a decent chance one of their fringe players will improve us.

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:36 - Jan 21 with 1986 viewsHerbivore

El Miz has made a grand total of 24 loan appearances in his career to date, some as sub. He's very underbaked still. I really don't see the issue with getting him a loan spell, especially if it's one where he'll be nailed on to nearly double his career appearances by the end of it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 15:37]

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 1910 viewsbluesym

Poor from Town, IMO.

Maybe McKenna simply feels that Bakinson will improve us,whereas he is yet to be convinced by Harper or Mizouni?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:47 - Jan 21 with 1870 viewshadleighboyblue

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:08 - Jan 21 by BlueandTruesince82

Hopefully with the improved coaching the manager has brought to the club , both will benefit and have a future here .

Playing regular football won't do them any harm for now , but hopefully both can push on and come back ready for the 1st team squad .

Harper , Edwards and El Mizouni are all players than can improve under McKenna's coaching skills
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:48 - Jan 21 with 1866 viewsCrockerITFC

[***Cough***] Colchester [***Cough***]
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 1846 viewsTomTheWriter

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:09 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

All three decisions made by McKenna are the correct ones.

We have so many options in the midfield, yet none have proven their worth except for Morsy, who happens to have the most assists of any Ipswich player this season. McKenna has identified a problem area and tried to fix it, and I wish Bakinson the best of luck this season and hope he proves himself.

Idris has spent the last few seasons away games on loans that haven’t been productive. COVID interrupted spell with Cambridge, another spell with them last year where he started three games. Then went to bottom of the league Grimsby, started six games, didn’t get a goal contribution. Then got injured. He needs a full crack at L2 with a side that plays with three in the middle.

Harper struggled early in the season, looked to be overrun a lot in the middle of the park. Arrived in the summer after 51 league appearances in his career. Bakinson has 91 in that time. Last season, Harper played 18 goals, scored none, assisted none. Bakinson played 34 times, scored four and assist one. We’ve got someone who featured consistently for Bristol City last season, and played a decent amount this year. I think Harper and Idris have the potential to be excellent players for us, but both are very raw.

I think having Morsy, Evans, Bakinson and Carroll as your four options is much better than stunting the development of two talented youngsters and forcing them into a first team picture that we know they aren’t quite ready for. Harper, in particular, has the potential to be the best midfielder in L2 if he drops down for six months.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 1825 viewschicoazul

Harper in particular seems like such a good dude and has a great background and profile. I was very exited when he and Edwards joined and it’ll be so wasteful if we just see either or both drift away. I know that’s how it works but nonetheless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024