Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big match today 07:05 - Jan 22 with 1072 viewsSteve_M

There was a minor overreaction to last Saturday and, before that, a slight overreaction to two good wins. Today though is a match that we really should be winning if we are to have any chance of the play-offs.

We made a few too many mistakes last week which was why we lost so hopefully the performance is more like Sunderland and Wycombe. A decent crowd should help there too.

Accrington are physical and direct but nowhere near as effective on a larger pitch, just need to concentrate defensively.

Anyway, now to deal with a crap combination of a reduced train service and rail replacement buses.

COYFB.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Big match today on 07:12 - Jan 22 with 1029 viewsYallop

Seems an age since the last home game.

I'd take a scrappy one nil win
Big match today on 07:45 - Jan 22 with 963 viewsthebooks

All seemed back to normal to me last week.

I’m a bit meh about it all, to be honest. I think hard and fast opinions form around our managers too soon. Just going to wait and see how it pans out before deciding whether KM is the youngthrustingtactical mastermind we’ve needed for years, or a young coach with some good experience who’s the doesn’t have the chops to manage a large tier 3 club that’s been underperforming for years.

If we play like we did against Gillingham I’ll get all excited again, though.
Big match today on 08:03 - Jan 22 with 920 viewsitfcsuth

A good side Accrington - and have had some impressive results this season.

Draw with Portsmouth, Sunderland, MK Dons.
Beaten ourselves, Bolton, Lincoln, Rotherham

Not sure what to expect really - would I be surprised if they took a draw or all 3 points, no.
Big match today on 08:15 - Jan 22 with 889 viewsITFC_Forever

A game we should be winning if we’ve got any ambition of the POs, as is the game against the stadium thieves on Tuesday.
Win those and no matter what we do against Sheff W and we maintain the two points a game ratio we need under KMc.

And it’s going to be a cold one today. Good job I’m in a box.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Big match today on 08:17 - Jan 22 with 883 viewsBarcaBlue

Be interesting to see the line-up as there were suggestions of changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaplin and Celina start, and the formation tweaked accordingly.
Big match today on 08:27 - Jan 22 with 846 viewstractorboy1978

Big match today on 08:03 - Jan 22 by itfcsuth

A good side Accrington - and have had some impressive results this season.

Draw with Portsmouth, Sunderland, MK Dons.
Beaten ourselves, Bolton, Lincoln, Rotherham

Not sure what to expect really - would I be surprised if they took a draw or all 3 points, no.

They are a very different proposition away from from home though.
Big match today on 08:47 - Jan 22 with 808 viewsDavoIPB

Bit of a dodgy game for us I think. Accrington playing really well. Will he interesting to see how we line up and what our approach is.

Good to see mk taking responsibility and saying its down to him to get the tactics right and produce the win.
Big match today on 08:47 - Jan 22 with 803 viewsbazza

Big match today on 08:15 - Jan 22 by ITFC_Forever

A game we should be winning if we’ve got any ambition of the POs, as is the game against the stadium thieves on Tuesday.
Win those and no matter what we do against Sheff W and we maintain the two points a game ratio we need under KMc.

Good idea, insulation, I might try that, I normally just take a thick coat.
Login to get fewer ads

Big match today on 08:48 - Jan 22 with 797 viewsKieran_Knows

3-1 home win.

Chaplin, Bonne & Edmundson the scorers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Big match today on 09:00 - Jan 22 with 753 viewsWacko

Big match today on 07:12 - Jan 22 by Yallop

Seems an age since the last home game.

I'd take a scrappy one nil win

We always seem to fall apart after we dish out a thrashing so 1-0s all the way til the end for me

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

It’s quite simple… on 09:20 - Jan 22 with 707 viewsunstableblue

.. there was a reaction to the Bolton display because it personified the wholesale player underperformance and inconsistency that has plagued our season.. a squad trait that remains a huge concern to many many fans

If we see another example of this today, with 3, 4, even 5 players not turning up… then its ‘Houston we have a problem’

I think we’ll see that McKenna has the chops to set the team up and motivate them to ensure this doesn’t happen.

One things for sure though Accrington will be a more difficult and more fired up opposition.

Come on Ipswich, fire up, get the win and let’s go on a run.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Big match today on 09:43 - Jan 22 with 656 viewsBiGDonnie

I posted that last week was so or die if we were to make the play offs. But a decent win today and on Tuesday and we’re right back in the mix.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Big match today on 09:46 - Jan 22 with 643 viewsstrikalite

Need a Sunderland at home type performance from the off, very high press playing in their half, that's the blueprint now, especially at PR, easier to be "on it" against the top sides in front of a full house, but they need to obviously replicate it against the so called lesser sides where the won't rely on the crowd to lift them...

Big game for Burns, always pressure now on him to perform and get the supply in..
Big match today on 09:49 - Jan 22 with 628 viewsEwan_Oozami

Big match today on 08:15 - Jan 22 by ITFC_Forever

Stadium Thieves? Do you mean Kingsmeadow?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Big match today on 09:52 - Jan 22 with 611 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely a game that we have to win to keep the season alive.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Big match today on 10:04 - Jan 22 with 575 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We need to be aiming to win most home games, and need an unbeaten run at home to the end of the season to have any chance of play offs.

George Burley type runs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Big match today on 10:24 - Jan 22 with 529 viewsFightingEssex

I am also facing the Greater Anglia bus nightmare today.

Unfortunately I don’t think we have a chance at Playoffs but we should win today, if we don’t for me that’s just further proof that we’ve not recruited as well as the EADT hype machine suggested and I will expect some changes in the summer. I also wonder how much time Gamechanger will give this manager to fix it.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Big match today on 10:59 - Jan 22 with 486 viewsITFC_Forever

Big match today on 09:49 - Jan 22 by Ewan_Oozami

Stadium Thieves? Do you mean Kingsmeadow?

No, Plough Lane.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Big match today on 11:02 - Jan 22 with 478 viewsIllinoisblue

This is one of those horrible games where we’re expected to win just because it’s Accrington; but they actually have decent players. Nervy 2-1 win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024