Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Parkrun in ages. 10:01 - Jan 22 with 861 viewsWD19

Slowest ever. Cold, hilly, muddy……but I beat the visiting scummer so I am taking it as win.
First Parkrun in ages. on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 810 viewsADStephenson

I used to do a lot of parkruns when I lived in Colchester, almost every week. It's all about turning up and running it. I know it sounds clichéd, but at parkrun everyone really is a winner. Saying that, I haven't been since the first lock down because, after a couple of years of injury, I know my time will be nothing like what I used to run.

www.adstephenson.com

First Parkrun in ages. on 10:27 - Jan 22 with 802 viewsunstableblue

First Parkrun in ages. on 10:25 - Jan 22 by ADStephenson

I used to do a lot of parkruns when I lived in Colchester, almost every week. It's all about turning up and running it. I know it sounds clichéd, but at parkrun everyone really is a winner. Saying that, I haven't been since the first lock down because, after a couple of years of injury, I know my time will be nothing like what I used to run.

Did you ever do Mersea park run? It’s a cracker

When it’s dry that is

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

First Parkrun in ages. on 11:02 - Jan 22 with 757 viewsITFC_Forever

Re-started this week after an enforced couple of weeks with Covid.

That coupled with all the eating and drinking from the last month made for some awful times.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

First Parkrun in ages. on 12:41 - Jan 22 with 674 viewssohamblue74

Parkrun is brilliant. I volunteer at ours (soham village college) most weeks, and run it occasionally.
A fantastic community event run by lovely people. Strongly encourage people to give it a try.
Well done WD19 btw.
First Parkrun in ages. on 13:52 - Jan 22 with 611 viewssuffolkpoker

Good lad. Hope you didn’t just beat him, I hope you pounded him into the mud.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

First Parkrun in ages. on 14:20 - Jan 22 with 586 viewsADStephenson

First Parkrun in ages. on 10:27 - Jan 22 by unstableblue

Did you ever do Mersea park run? It’s a cracker

When it’s dry that is

I never did, although I wish I had. I was tempted to join in with a few of my mates to do the New Year's Day Mersea parkrun followed by the run into Colchester and then Colchester parkrun, but I never did. Buckingham is my closest now and pre covid I used to take students from my school to fill all the volunteer roles. My aim for the year is to get back under 20 minutes...

www.adstephenson.com

First Parkrun in ages. on 14:35 - Jan 22 with 569 viewsgordon

Did my third parkrun today at Camperdown Park, Dundee (did one in Stonehaven ago and have done last two weeks at Camperdown). Great course with a horrible uphill finish, getting hooked on it and wanting to do all the Scottish ones now.

https://allscottishparkruns.wordpress.com/
First Parkrun in ages. on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 540 viewsGlasgowBlue

I did my first run in six weeks due to a very sore knee and was slow and knackered. Didn't help that I put on a stone and a half over Christmas and New Year.

Caught a look at my shadow in front of me whlt looking down and was pretty disgusted with myself.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024