Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what bickerring online can lead to 12:40 - Jan 22 with 873 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/21/academic-dies-twitter-anti-semitism-

[shudder]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:45 - Jan 22 with 824 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a very sad story. Pete was very involved in fighting antisemtism. Far too young to go.

He was mercilessly hounded online.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:52 - Jan 22 with 780 viewsgiant_stow

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:45 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

It's a very sad story. Pete was very involved in fighting antisemtism. Far too young to go.

He was mercilessly hounded online.

The whole thing sounds terriblly sad. We've all got to tread carefully I guess.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:53 - Jan 22 with 785 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think we have to be careful before accepting the link the paper is trying to imply here. I am not certain the cause of death has been directly related to Twitter abuse. Of course, it still could be but to assume it was without coroner's evidence is presumptuous.

The article states he was accused of antisemitism and yet he was actively campaigning against it and GB says that he was too. Something is a bit crazy and mixed up here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:57 - Jan 22 with 758 viewsgiant_stow

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:53 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think we have to be careful before accepting the link the paper is trying to imply here. I am not certain the cause of death has been directly related to Twitter abuse. Of course, it still could be but to assume it was without coroner's evidence is presumptuous.

The article states he was accused of antisemitism and yet he was actively campaigning against it and GB says that he was too. Something is a bit crazy and mixed up here.

fair point - I am taking the story at face value, so you're right to caution. Having said that, these legal wrangles over twitter spats wouldn't have helped a fella in mental trouble.

The nature of the accusations just demonstrate what a complicated issue the whole thing became I spose.

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:58 - Jan 22 with 758 viewsGlasgowBlue

what bickerring online can lead to on 12:53 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pete was Jewish and a committed campaigner against antisemitism. Some who wish to excuse it invented counter-claims of antisemitism to muddy the waters.

You'll se people like Margaret Hodge, a Jewish MP, being accused of antisemitism by the same people.

Like you say, I think it will be best to wait on the coroner's report. But he did suffer months of relentless attacks. 4000 people contacted his place of work.

Iron Lion Zion

what bickerring online can lead to on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 681 viewsDarth_Koont

Bit more complicated than that version. Newbon was trolling online and the Jewish author Michael Rosen who he dragged into it bit back, as he had every right to do.

Newbon went too far and I’m sure some of those he angered went too far too. I agree that it was a senseless tragedy though.

I repeat my assertion that this antisemitism “debate” has been one of the most damaging periods in our politics. The stoking up of fears and anger has damaged both sides and caused a lot of distress. None more so than this tragic episode.

Pronouns: He/Him

what bickerring online can lead to on 13:40 - Jan 22 with 636 viewsGlasgowBlue

what bickerring online can lead to on 13:29 - Jan 22 by Darth_Koont

Bit more complicated than that version. Newbon was trolling online and the Jewish author Michael Rosen who he dragged into it bit back, as he had every right to do.

Newbon went too far and I’m sure some of those he angered went too far too. I agree that it was a senseless tragedy though.

I repeat my assertion that this antisemitism “debate” has been one of the most damaging periods in our politics. The stoking up of fears and anger has damaged both sides and caused a lot of distress. None more so than this tragic episode.

“Trolling online”.

A good man has died ffs. Have some respect and wait for the coroner’s report.

Iron Lion Zion

what bickerring online can lead to on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 593 viewsDarth_Koont

what bickerring online can lead to on 13:40 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

“Trolling online”.

A good man has died ffs. Have some respect and wait for the coroner’s report.

Eh? So why are you weighing in?

I now see Michael Rosen coming under attack. Now more than ever perhaps we can agree that this really isn’t appropriate as a fecking political game.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024