Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sending off? You decide 17:37 - Jan 22 with 3245 viewsgtsb1966

Past And Present ASFC (@ASFCPlayers) Tweeted: Red card!?

@ethanhamilton98 punched off the ball!

#asfc #itfc https://t.co/3X1044hzBO
Sending off? You decide on 17:40 - Jan 22 with 2934 viewswkj

Looking at the replies, Stanley fans don't seem to think so.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sending off? You decide on 17:41 - Jan 22 with 2912 viewsFightingEssex

They dived all game like everyone in this terrible league.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Sending off? You decide on 17:42 - Jan 22 with 2898 viewsDanTheMan

Hamilton pushes Morsy, looks like Morsy pushes back and their player goes down. Hardly a fecking punch.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sending off? You decide on 17:43 - Jan 22 with 2860 viewsstrikalite

Too much of that going on in the game now, it used to be in just in the Prem really but now right through the leagues..
Sending off? You decide on 17:44 - Jan 22 with 2852 viewswkj

Sending off? You decide on 17:42 - Jan 22 by DanTheMan

Hamilton pushes Morsy, looks like Morsy pushes back and their player goes down. Hardly a fecking punch.

Definately theatrical. Some refs might have given it - but thankfully not all refs are Mike Dean.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sending off? You decide on 17:48 - Jan 22 with 2791 viewschicoazul

Presume that’s Morsy? Pretty dumb reaction from him to be honest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sending off? You decide on 17:51 - Jan 22 with 2732 viewsjeera

Sending off? You decide on 17:48 - Jan 22 by chicoazul

Plenty of that nonsense off the ball by them though.

Town players were just getting fed up with it with some snapping back a bit sooner than others.

Celina found himself on the floor long after the ball had gone but got nothing. It was an irritating constant.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sending off? You decide on 17:54 - Jan 22 with 2706 viewsrgp1

Sending off? You decide on 17:48 - Jan 22 by chicoazul

I'm surprised no one picked up on Nottinghams challenge on morsy on the half way line. If morsy gets the ball he's one on one with the keeper. Surely that's a red not yellow?
Login to get fewer ads

Sending off? You decide on 18:05 - Jan 22 with 2574 viewsearlsgreenblue

Sending off? You decide on 17:54 - Jan 22 by rgp1

I'm surprised no one picked up on Nottinghams challenge on morsy on the half way line. If morsy gets the ball he's one on one with the keeper. Surely that's a red not yellow?

My screen was just starting as that happened, but my 1st reaction was “ this is likely to be a red” be interested for opinions as to why it wasn’t.
Sending off? You decide on 18:07 - Jan 22 with 2525 viewsSuffolktractor

Sending off? You decide on 18:05 - Jan 22 by earlsgreenblue

My screen was just starting as that happened, but my 1st reaction was “ this is likely to be a red” be interested for opinions as to why it wasn’t.

If you give a red for that there wouldn’t be many players left on the pitch at the end. Accrington guy tries to block Morsey and gets what he deserves.
Sending off? You decide on 18:08 - Jan 22 with 2516 viewsChurchman

No. There was nothing in that other than the Stanley club sniper putting the mush down.
Sending off? You decide on 18:25 - Jan 22 with 2344 viewsVic

Staley player pushes Morsy, who is watching the ball and starts to move towards it; Accies player in the way and natural arm movement is to swat him away; connects with his face at the same time as the sniper bullet hits him. No foul, just a very sad and deliberate attempt to con the ref.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sending off? You decide on 18:27 - Jan 22 with 2307 viewsgtsb1966

Sending off? You decide on 18:05 - Jan 22 by earlsgreenblue

If the ref had seen that he would be off.
Sending off? You decide on 18:33 - Jan 22 with 2249 viewsrgp1

Sending off? You decide on 18:27 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

Agreed, also it shouldn't matter what minute in the game either as some would probably say too early in the game.
Sending off? You decide on 18:57 - Jan 22 with 2135 viewscarlisleaway

Jesus Christ, which team do we support. Many of the Accrington players deserved more than that because of the antics they dished out…. Great result
Sending off? You decide on 19:10 - Jan 22 with 2071 viewsHerbivore

Sending off? You decide on 18:27 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

Not a chance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sending off? You decide on 19:11 - Jan 22 with 2063 viewspointofblue

Would have been a weak red card, and would have thought that had it been Hamilton on Morsy too. Stanley players flinging themselves over every two minutes meant the referee was probably getting fed up with them, even at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sending off? You decide on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 1902 viewsWicklowBlue

Sending off? You decide on 19:10 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Not a chance.

Agree on the first watch I thought ooh he got away with one there. The more I watch it though the more the Accy player has done a Neymar, think Morsey pushed his shoulder not his face.
Sending off? You decide on 19:32 - Jan 22 with 1873 viewsgtsb1966

Sending off? You decide on 19:30 - Jan 22 by WicklowBlue

Agree on the first watch I thought ooh he got away with one there. The more I watch it though the more the Accy player has done a Neymar, think Morsey pushed his shoulder not his face.

That's why I think the ref would've sent him off because he only sees it once. Thankfully he didn't.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 19:33]
Sending off? You decide on 19:35 - Jan 22 with 1849 viewsWicklowBlue

Sending off? You decide on 19:32 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

That's why I think the ref would've sent him off because he only sees it once. Thankfully he didn't.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 19:33]

Quite possibly, Morsy really doesn't need to react like that.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 19:52]
Sending off? You decide on 07:51 - Jan 23 with 1330 viewsWickets

Never a sending off , Acc player puts his arm out to stop Morsy's run Morsys trys to push his arm away and catches him around the face . Ref got it spot on six of one ECT !
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 7:57]
Sending off? You decide on 08:20 - Jan 23 with 1218 viewsGlasgowBlue

A theatrical fall, but if League One did VAR then Morsy would have been off and facing a minimum three match ban.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sending off? You decide on 08:30 - Jan 23 with 1185 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Sending off? You decide on 07:51 - Jan 23 by Wickets

Never a sending off , Acc player puts his arm out to stop Morsy's run Morsys trys to push his arm away and catches him around the face . Ref got it spot on six of one ECT !
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 7:57]

From my angle he was nowhere near his face. Hamilton, who was also a massive shiîthouse at their place feigning injuries, must be what 6 inches taller and Morsy arm doesn’t reach up.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Sending off? You decide on 08:39 - Jan 23 with 1130 viewsbazza

Sending off? You decide on 17:51 - Jan 22 by jeera

Plenty of that nonsense off the ball by them though.

Town players were just getting fed up with it with some snapping back a bit sooner than others.

Celina found himself on the floor long after the ball had gone but got nothing. It was an irritating constant.

Yep, was hard to take every time they got awarded anything watching them rolling about on the floor, 6ft odd blokes rolling round like school girls, tragic!!…soon as Norwood came on, one of their players was almost strangling him, right in front of the dug out, got nothing, this was exactly what they were like in the first game.. maybe they should give rugby league a go.
Sending off? You decide on 08:44 - Jan 23 with 1115 viewsbazza

Sending off? You decide on 08:20 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

A theatrical fall, but if League One did VAR then Morsy would have been off and facing a minimum three match ban.

If league 1 had VAR maybe we would have got more out of the ref, Accrington wouldn’t have conducted themselves in that way all game, and morsy wouldn’t have felt the need to lash out, so no 3 match ban…?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024