Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tories and that investigation 20:42 - Jan 22 with 9979 viewsMullet

What did come of it in the end?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The Tories and that investigation on 20:46 - Jan 22 with 4683 viewstractordownsouth

With the comments of Johnson and some of the 2019 intake, the views of the Tory membership about Muslims and now this, there surely needs to be an external intervention soon?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The Tories and that investigation on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 4645 viewsgtsb1966

The Tories and that investigation on 20:46 - Jan 22 by tractordownsouth

With the comments of Johnson and some of the 2019 intake, the views of the Tory membership about Muslims and now this, there surely needs to be an external intervention soon?

That's thousands of votes lost again so let them carry on shooting themselves in the foot.
The Tories and that investigation on 22:19 - Jan 22 with 4467 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Tories and that investigation on 20:46 - Jan 22 by tractordownsouth

People in Tory party should listen to Conservative Muslims and support them.

Not look for an ulterior motive, as I see Fabricant is already doing. Listen and support a minority in a political party who are complaining about the discrimination and prejudice they are receiving. Not wheel out a pro Johnson Muslim and say there isn’t a problem.

Edit. Oh and those on the left who are rightfully condemning tonight's story but never said a word about what went on in the Labour Party over the past six years. Or at worst, trivialised it and attacked those who spoke out. Don’t bother contributing.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 22:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Tories and that investigation on 22:46 - Jan 22 with 4371 viewsgtsb1966

The Tories and that investigation on 22:19 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Not look for an ulterior motive, as I see Fabricant is already doing. Listen and support a minority in a political party who are complaining about the discrimination and prejudice they are receiving. Not wheel out a pro Johnson Muslim and say there isn’t a problem.

Edit. Oh and those on the left who are rightfully condemning tonight's story but never said a word about what went on in the Labour Party over the past six years. Or at worst, trivialised it and attacked those who spoke out. Don’t bother contributing.

I'll happily admit as a floating voter the left on here really do my head in sometimes with their stubbornness to criticise anything other than this awful government but when it comes to anti semitism to a man/woman they did so I think you are wrong there. As the Conservative you are I admire your stance on this current shambles of a conservative government who are beyond awful. When it comes to this forum I find political debates are impossible if you stand in the middle. My views on immigration would upset the left, my views on social welfare would upset the right.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 22:49]
The Tories and that investigation on 22:48 - Jan 22 with 4360 viewsSeablu

So now we have a shamelessly indulged career tory & brexiteer telling everyone on TWTD how to think.

I guess there are people in your unfortunate immediate circle, who have to take you seriously.

For the rest of us free-thinkers, who have rightly rumbled the hypocritical, self-righteous & completely self-interested bilge you’ve spewed out over the last few years, may I offer a heartfelt….

[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 23:18]
The Tories and that investigation on 23:34 - Jan 22 with 4232 viewsSeablu

The Tories and that investigation on 22:46 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

I'll happily admit as a floating voter the left on here really do my head in sometimes with their stubbornness to criticise anything other than this awful government but when it comes to anti semitism to a man/woman they did so I think you are wrong there. As the Conservative you are I admire your stance on this current shambles of a conservative government who are beyond awful. When it comes to this forum I find political debates are impossible if you stand in the middle. My views on immigration would upset the left, my views on social welfare would upset the right.

He is wrong as usual.
He’s even accused Phil of ignoring anti-semitism on here, then had to shamelessly backtrack in order to continue his appallingly tiresome tirade of accusations and hypocrisy on here.
He won’t thank you for calling him a conservative though. Doesn’t fit his current agenda and he really doesn’t deserve anyone’s admiration.
The Tories and that investigation on 23:40 - Jan 22 with 4204 viewsXYZ

The long time member of the tory party who never encountered any racism therein dictates to TWTD who's permitted to contribute to someone else's thread.

Unbelievable, Jeff.
The Tories and that investigation on 23:49 - Jan 22 with 4160 viewsSeablu

The Tories and that investigation on 23:40 - Jan 22 by XYZ

The long time member of the tory party who never encountered any racism therein dictates to TWTD who's permitted to contribute to someone else's thread.

Unbelievable, Jeff.

It’s almost like he has a premeditated agenda for spouting this tripe….
Login to get fewer ads

The Tories and that investigation on 23:58 - Jan 22 with 4134 viewsXYZ

The Tories and that investigation on 22:46 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

Why wouldn't you just explain your thinking and defend your views?

If your views were challenged and you couldn't defend them, then reconsider, research, find a defense to the challenge or update your views?
The Tories and that investigation on 00:07 - Jan 23 with 4109 viewsXYZ

The Tories and that investigation on 23:49 - Jan 22 by Seablu

It’s almost like he has a premeditated agenda for spouting this tripe….

Yep. He used to throw the "whataboutery" accusation around several time a day.

Can't resist ending this post with a "But, Corbyn ..." designed to give the "they're all as bad as each other" flavour to his comment.

How do you spend 20 years in the tory party without realising they're racist?

I once got kicked out of a Conservative Club in East Anglia (they had the only snooker table in the town) for calling someone out for a racist comment. He got the backing of all there, apart from my mate that had signed me in.
The Tories and that investigation on 00:17 - Jan 23 with 4083 viewsgtsb1966

The Tories and that investigation on 23:58 - Jan 22 by XYZ

Why wouldn't you just explain your thinking and defend your views?

If your views were challenged and you couldn't defend them, then reconsider, research, find a defense to the challenge or update your views?

I'm a centrist which is impossible on here.
The Tories and that investigation on 00:31 - Jan 23 with 4046 viewsXYZ

The Tories and that investigation on 00:17 - Jan 23 by gtsb1966

Really? I think there's quite a few who hold their own.

SB (excellent)
Ulla (tolerable, though he accused me of being sexist)
Grizzly whatsit (improving gradually)

Off the top of my head. I'm dreadful at remembering who said what, but there are others.

Just say what you've got to say and defend it if necessary.
The Tories and that investigation on 00:43 - Jan 23 with 4012 viewsJakeITFC

You’re a funny guy.
The Tories and that investigation on 04:29 - Jan 23 with 3832 viewswkj

The Tories and that investigation on 00:17 - Jan 23 by gtsb1966

It really isn't. It actually makes it much easier to see those who chase their own shadows.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Tories and that investigation on 05:29 - Jan 23 with 3811 viewsmonytowbray

Middle Class White Boys.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

[Redacted] on 07:18 - Jan 23 with 3742 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The Tories and that investigation on 08:27 - Jan 23 with 3676 viewsMullet

The Tories and that investigation on 22:48 - Jan 22 by Seablu

So now we have a shamelessly indulged career tory & brexiteer telling everyone on TWTD how to think.

I guess there are people in your unfortunate immediate circle, who have to take you seriously.

For the rest of us free-thinkers, who have rightly rumbled the hypocritical, self-righteous & completely self-interested bilge you’ve spewed out over the last few years, may I offer a heartfelt….

[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 23:18]

You’ve played the man there, which is a problem as old as time here and elsewhere. While I find it baffling Muslims have enough common ground with the party who campaigned on racism and immigration so frequently, that is their right.

There’s a complicated class and cultural breakdown that leans into why using one label such as Muslim or Jew in either case is really problematic. I’m more interested in why this comes out now, it should be one of many things that bury the Tories for years (look at food banks under their rule) but will be bundled up with Johnson and they’ll go again.

The Tories and that investigation on 08:58 - Jan 23 with 3627 viewsSwansea_Blue

So there’s this, the then Education Secretary threatening to taken constituency funding away if their MP didn’t tow the line, Sue Grey widening her investigation to include BJ & Carrie’s privately hosted parties and chaos at our main sea port. And those are only the headlines.

Just a normal weekend for this vile and incompetent, unfit for office Government. People were warned, repeatedly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Tories and that investigation on 09:41 - Jan 23 with 3579 viewsPinewoodblue

The Tories and that investigation on 08:58 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

So there’s this, the then Education Secretary threatening to taken constituency funding away if their MP didn’t tow the line, Sue Grey widening her investigation to include BJ & Carrie’s privately hosted parties and chaos at our main sea port. And those are only the headlines.

Just a normal weekend for this vile and incompetent, unfit for office Government. People were warned, repeatedly.

Warning people repeatedly isn’t enough a viable alternative was needed.

You cannot change anything by being negative, people switch off, you have to be positive.

We are currently all suffering due to that failure. There are too many indications on here that this message still isn’t getting through.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Tories and that investigation on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 3556 viewsDanTheMan

The Tories and that investigation on 09:41 - Jan 23 by Pinewoodblue

You cannot change anything by being negative, people switch off, you have to be positive.

We are currently all suffering due to that failure. There are too many indications on here that this message still isn’t getting through.

I don't understand this viewpoint, the Conservatives and media were relentlessly negative about the Labour party and Corbyn and that worked.

Brexit was a whole platform of negativity towards the EU and that worked.

It's always the left that has to play nice and be positive and yet that accusation is never thrown at the other side.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Tories and that investigation on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 3551 viewsMullet

The Tories and that investigation on 09:48 - Jan 23 by DanTheMan

I don't understand this viewpoint, the Conservatives and media were relentlessly negative about the Labour party and Corbyn and that worked.

Brexit was a whole platform of negativity towards the EU and that worked.

It's always the left that has to play nice and be positive and yet that accusation is never thrown at the other side.

Quite. Who the last foreigners the Tories were positive about? Pinochet?

The Tories and that investigation on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 3550 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Tories and that investigation on 09:41 - Jan 23 by Pinewoodblue

And there were viable alternatives with positive policies for the benefit of all of us and not just party backers and media oligarchs. The main opposition had a leader embroiled in his own investigation of accused wrongdoing of course, but nothing worse than what we have with this lot (2 wrongs don’t make a right, I know). Other, smaller sensible parties also exist and can have an impact sometimes such as the Lib Dem’s in 2010.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Tories and that investigation on 11:22 - Jan 23 with 3448 viewsgiant_stow

The Tories and that investigation on 00:31 - Jan 23 by XYZ

Really? I think there's quite a few who hold their own.

SB (excellent)
Ulla (tolerable, though he accused me of being sexist)
Grizzly whatsit (improving gradually)

Off the top of my head. I'm dreadful at remembering who said what, but there are others.

Just say what you've got to say and defend it if necessary.

I think I owe you an apology for that Mr. I was caught up in the heat of the debate and when I think back, I've used similar language myself (even if it is a lightly sexist word, I've used the c word, which is worse, so I was hypocritical there). Sorry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Tories and that investigation on 11:42 - Jan 23 with 3386 viewsXYZ

The Tories and that investigation on 11:22 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

I think I owe you an apology for that Mr. I was caught up in the heat of the debate and when I think back, I've used similar language myself (even if it is a lightly sexist word, I've used the c word, which is worse, so I was hypocritical there). Sorry.

Accepted.

Unfortunately our current PM and his cronies force one to seek out the strongest of swear words. The c word (which I try to avoid using) has been in very wide use on here in the last week or two.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 11:43]
The Tories and that investigation on 11:59 - Jan 23 with 3336 viewsgiant_stow

The Tories and that investigation on 11:42 - Jan 23 by XYZ

Accepted.

Unfortunately our current PM and his cronies force one to seek out the strongest of swear words. The c word (which I try to avoid using) has been in very wide use on here in the last week or two.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 11:43]

Yeah I can understand people reaching for that one right now tbh. Which makes my original charge worse I spose. Anyway, thanks.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024