Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Library cards 00:06 - Jan 23 with 952 viewsRobTheMonk

Madge and I have just joined our local Library. I had no idea that with our Library cards we can access Press Reader, which has access to loads of e-newspapers and e-magazines which you can read online for free.

If I pick the Daily Mail as an example newspaper, you could buy the paper each day of the year which would cost you around £250+, or you just get your Library card, link it to Press Reader and read it for free!

Join your local county Library folks!
Library cards on 00:21 - Jan 23 with 900 viewsSarge

Yeah but you can’t use your library card as toilet paper like you can with the daily mail.
Library cards on 12:10 - Jan 23 with 711 viewsWeWereZombies

Here in Scotland, and being over sixty, I can use the same card for getting books out of the library, discount at the swimming pool and free bus transport anywhere in the country (or outside it as far as Berwick-upon-Tweed or Carlisle.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Library cards on 12:13 - Jan 23 with 704 viewsthebooks

Free eBooks, arthouse film/documentaries, e-audiobooks and access to Ancestry. Even free online exercise classes at the moment…
Library cards on 12:33 - Jan 23 with 671 viewsfooters

What's a lieberry?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Library cards on 15:50 - Jan 23 with 583 viewsHARRY10

Library cards on 12:10 - Jan 23 by WeWereZombies

Here in Scotland, and being over sixty, I can use the same card for getting books out of the library, discount at the swimming pool and free bus transport anywhere in the country (or outside it as far as Berwick-upon-Tweed or Carlisle.)

the downside is you have to live in Scotland
Library cards on 17:54 - Jan 23 with 512 viewsDurovigutum

You can also access Libby - which gives you digital magazines like Autocar, New Scientist, The Economist, Four Four Two.....
Library cards on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 483 viewsHARRY10

Library cards on 17:54 - Jan 23 by Durovigutum

You can also access Libby - which gives you digital magazines like Autocar, New Scientist, The Economist, Four Four Two.....

Naughty folk can do already that by using the bypass paywalls addon in Firefox

............or so a friend tells me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024