Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the NFL is good 04:05 - Jan 23 with 1807 viewswkj

The 49ers v Packers is the best game I've seen all season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why the NFL is good on 04:07 - Jan 23 with 1633 viewsIllinoisblue

Low scoring yet all the more absorbing. Packers have properly fecked themselves

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why the NFL is good on 04:28 - Jan 23 with 1601 viewswkj

Why the NFL is good on 04:07 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

Im a KCC fan, but after we did em dirty 2 years ago - they deserve a rematch

Crybaby

Why the NFL is good on 04:29 - Jan 23 with 1600 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why the NFL is good on 04:07 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

They’ve been getting away with all year with that special teams issue. Tonight they ran their luck just once too many.

A blocked punt and a blocked chip shot field goal in the same game. Dreadful.

Also.. Aaron Rodgers to be the next Denver QB. Either for the first game next season or the first game of the year after but he’s absolutely going to take over from Bridgwater.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Why the NFL is good on 04:32 - Jan 23 with 1594 viewswkj

Why the NFL is good on 04:29 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

They’ve been getting away with all year with that special teams issue. Tonight they ran their luck just once too many.

A blocked punt and a blocked chip shot field goal in the same game. Dreadful.

Also.. Aaron Rodgers to be the next Denver QB. Either for the first game next season or the first game of the year after but he’s absolutely going to take over from Bridgwater.

As in Denver's problems couldn't get any worse.

Crybaby

Why the NFL is good on 12:41 - Jan 23 with 1440 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why the NFL is good on 13:08 - Jan 23 with 1416 viewsJ2BLUE

Why the NFL is good on 12:41 - Jan 23 by factual_blue

Back in my younger and stupider days I once made the mistake of telling my gay boss who loved NFL that it was a poof's version of rugby.

Aside from the obvious cringeworthy language, it was also an opinion based on ignorance. Like yours.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why the NFL is good on 13:28 - Jan 23 with 1385 viewsChrisd

Those teams which are left in this Divisional Round have been the best across the NFL this season. There are some very good match ups. The first two games certainly didn't disappoint yesterday. Regardless of the seedings, there really is very little between any of the teams.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 13:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why the NFL is good on 13:36 - Jan 23 with 1355 viewsfactual_blue

Why the NFL is good on 13:08 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Back in my younger and stupider days I once made the mistake of telling my gay boss who loved NFL that it was a poof's version of rugby.

Aside from the obvious cringeworthy language, it was also an opinion based on ignorance. Like yours.

Where have I said that picture represents my view?

Ignorance abounds.

Login to get fewer ads

Why the NFL is good on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 1335 viewsJ2BLUE

Why the NFL is good on 13:36 - Jan 23 by factual_blue

Ignorance abounds.

You've posted the same plenty of times before!

Truly impaired.

Why the NFL is good on 13:47 - Jan 23 with 1330 viewsCrock

They should see a doctor then
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 15:10]

Poll: Favourite number?

Why the NFL is good on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 1308 viewsmutters

Having played both sports to a decent level I can tell you that both are challenging in their own way.

However, the hardest hits I ever took was on an American Football field. No question. The additional pieces of equipment you play with make the hits a heck of a lot harder!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Why the NFL is good on 13:59 - Jan 23 with 1296 viewsbritbiker

Get bored of replying to stupid posts everytime an NFL thread comes up. There will always be one poster bringing up the equipment. Its like going back in time 30 years. Get the same when being a veggie gets mentioned. You will always get one post saying ' I love meat. Will eat bacon all day long. Kill me as many pigs as you can blah blah ...
Some people just seem to be threatened and just cant get its acceptable to like the opposite or both.

Have said on here many times, I played both rugby on saturdays and american football on sundays. Loved them both and still do. However I caused and sustained more impact injuries playing AF due to the wearing of pads and helmets. Having a helmet on your head makes you hit things that you probably wouldn't have done if you were not wearing one. I ended up with broken ribs, I broke someone elses collerbone etc, all from stupid decisions because I had a lid on.my head.

Im not saying it makes AF the tougher sport because there were some real hardcases at my rugby club.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 14:24]
Why the NFL is good on 14:11 - Jan 23 with 1274 viewsmutters

Why the NFL is good on 13:36 - Jan 23 by factual_blue

Ignorance abounds.

What was the point of your post then if not to belittle American Football?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Why the NFL is good on 14:33 - Jan 23 with 1238 viewsWakh

I played rugby against Blackheath a few years ago think would have been around 2008. Blackheath had an NFL player (can't remember his name) who was spending time in the UK. And making a sports program for some US channel. He acknowledged rugby was much tougher in front of the camera. He came on after about 60 minutes and was fecked. New to the game of course but that would have been tier 3 back then

Apologies edited that. Just mentioned that day to a mate who reminded me he was playing for Blackheath, not Welsh.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 14:42]
Why the NFL is good on 14:36 - Jan 23 with 1233 viewswkj

Why the NFL is good on 14:11 - Jan 23 by mutters

What was the point of your post then if not to belittle American Football?

I'm pretty sure uncle facters is just giving a bit of gentle ribbing. If this was a post about Baseball I would be doing the same i'd imagine.

Crybaby

Why the NFL is good on 14:51 - Jan 23 with 1209 viewsChurchman

Why the NFL is good on 04:28 - Jan 23 by wkj

Im a KCC fan, but after we did em dirty 2 years ago - they deserve a rematch

KCC? Glory hunter…… you should follow somebody forever rubbish (bar one season) like the Chicago Bears.

On the point in hand, while NFL sides spend time in the UK with rugby clubs and visa versa and they are both heavy contact sports, there are fundamental differences. Personally I have always disliked watching Rugby Union but loved playing it at school.

Obviously I’ve never played American Football but do enjoy watching it, including seeing some of the London games. Each sport has its merits. The guys playing both sports are monsters and I wouldn’t like to tangle with any of them.

I did Twickenham Eng v NZ corporate a few years ago and a couple of ex players did the chat. When they mooched in, these two sets of head and shoulders appeared over people. I felt like a midget and certainly wouldn’t have wanted to tangle with either unless in a dumper truck.
Why the NFL is good on 15:09 - Jan 23 with 1196 viewswkj

Why the NFL is good on 14:51 - Jan 23 by Churchman

KCC? Glory hunter…… you should follow somebody forever rubbish (bar one season) like the Chicago Bears.

On the point in hand, while NFL sides spend time in the UK with rugby clubs and visa versa and they are both heavy contact sports, there are fundamental differences. Personally I have always disliked watching Rugby Union but loved playing it at school.

Obviously I’ve never played American Football but do enjoy watching it, including seeing some of the London games. Each sport has its merits. The guys playing both sports are monsters and I wouldn’t like to tangle with any of them.

I did Twickenham Eng v NZ corporate a few years ago and a couple of ex players did the chat. When they mooched in, these two sets of head and shoulders appeared over people. I felt like a midget and certainly wouldn’t have wanted to tangle with either unless in a dumper truck.

I've been KCC my whole life :'D My American family are based out of Wichita, KS. Their super bowl win 2 years ago is the worst thing to happen to me personally, as many people think I've just started following the sport and chose a winner. Until the win against the 69ers - we were the consistently bad team.

I was there when Dick Vermeil, Dante Hall, Trent Green and co were the perennial nearly men!

Crybaby

Why the NFL is good on 15:27 - Jan 23 with 1174 viewsChurchman

Why the NFL is good on 15:09 - Jan 23 by wkj

I've been KCC my whole life :'D My American family are based out of Wichita, KS. Their super bowl win 2 years ago is the worst thing to happen to me personally, as many people think I've just started following the sport and chose a winner. Until the win against the 69ers - we were the consistently bad team.

I was there when Dick Vermeil, Dante Hall, Trent Green and co were the perennial nearly men!

I was only teasing. Few people support KCC unless they started following NFL 3 or 4 years ago or has connections with that part of the world. Arrowhead stadium is meant to be one of the places to go for atmosphere.

I first got interested in NFL the early 1980s with the Channel 4 programme once a week. Montana, Theiseman, Marino and co. I chose the Bears because they were rubbish and the swines within few years won it. They quickly reverted to awful.
Why the NFL is good on 16:50 - Jan 23 with 1114 viewsBlueForYou

Why the NFL is good on 15:09 - Jan 23 by wkj

I've been a Broncos fan since 1987 & lived out there for a few years when we won SB's in 97 & 98. You aint getting the AFC West for much longer! We have to go through a new ownership issue before we get our act together again. I dont want Rodgers but would like Russell Wilson to try & be a proper QB. We haven't had one since the "Chief". We've been an embarrasment on offence since, Pat Shurmur has been a terrible coordinator for us. Just hope we get a decent new coach.
Why the NFL is good on 16:52 - Jan 23 with 1105 viewsChrisd

Why the NFL is good on 16:50 - Jan 23 by BlueForYou

I've been a Broncos fan since 1987 & lived out there for a few years when we won SB's in 97 & 98. You aint getting the AFC West for much longer! We have to go through a new ownership issue before we get our act together again. I dont want Rodgers but would like Russell Wilson to try & be a proper QB. We haven't had one since the "Chief". We've been an embarrasment on offence since, Pat Shurmur has been a terrible coordinator for us. Just hope we get a decent new coach.

You could have Mike McCarthy from the Cowboys, if you’d like?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why the NFL is good on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 1102 viewsJ2BLUE

Why wouldn't you want Rodgers?!?

Truly impaired.

Why the NFL is good on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 1067 viewsbritbiker

I feel sorry for you guys. I've had 30 years of suffering at your collective hands and now its time for the Raiders to dominate the division. Providing we can get a head coach who doesn't have to quit due to dodgy emails and can avoid picking first round draft stars that kill people in 150 mph crashes and threaten to kill people with guns. Apart from all that were going to dominate. Maybe.

If all else fails i'm certain my second team the will dominate. The mighty Jacksonville Jags.

If that fails I'm certain Ipswich will dominate. Failing that my second team will dominate. The mighty Colchester Utd.

Failing all else my scottish team cannot possibly fail. The mighty Ayr Utd.

I'm such a glory hunter.
Why the NFL is good on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 1062 viewsChurchman

Ahhh, the legend that was John Elway along with the Orange Crush. I’ve been to Denver many times to get to the mountains and was staying in Colorado when they won two of their three SBs, id like to go to Mile High Stadium, but not in minus gazillion degrees in the middle of winter!
Why the NFL is good on 18:19 - Jan 23 with 1023 viewsfactual_blue

Why the NFL is good on 14:36 - Jan 23 by wkj

I'm pretty sure uncle facters is just giving a bit of gentle ribbing. If this was a post about Baseball I would be doing the same i'd imagine.

..see also, The Radiohead, apple products, cycling....

Why the NFL is good on 00:14 - Jan 24 with 926 viewsBlueForYou

Why the NFL is good on 17:19 - Jan 23 by Churchman

Ahhh, the legend that was John Elway along with the Orange Crush. I’ve been to Denver many times to get to the mountains and was staying in Colorado when they won two of their three SBs, id like to go to Mile High Stadium, but not in minus gazillion degrees in the middle of winter!

Could rarely get tickets back in the day. Broncos are a very well supported team. Denver is rarely that cold in winter, can be 20C while up in the mountains it’s minus 20C. The front range has a very unique climate! Sunny winter days there are fantastic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024