Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twtd covid hive mind... 08:48 - Jan 23 with 1734 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Junior has a cough and headache again as of this morning. She had a positive pcr and was off school just over a month ago just before omicron became prevalent. Lateral flow still negative but she wants another pcr despite being told these can show a positive for 90 days after a previous infection. (Her bf has tested positive it turns out)
Have I done the right thing booking her for a test later today and we assume a positive result (if it is) relates to now rather than before?
#confused

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:28 - Jan 23 with 1669 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If she tests positive it's likely to be the last infection rather than this one. I think.
Wife is a nurse and had it back in September, remember her saying that she couldn't have another PCR when she had symptoms in November, (negative LFT), as it can show as a false positive PCR.

I'm sure they'll go through this when she goes for the PCR.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 1655 viewsHerbivore

It'll be impossible to determine whether it's the previous infection or a new one. It seems unlikely she'd have Covid again so soon after having it though. I know omicron is more likely to cause reinfection than previous variants but after just a month you'd expect her to still have plenty of antibodies to fight it off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:36 - Jan 23 with 1637 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:28 - Jan 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

If she tests positive it's likely to be the last infection rather than this one. I think.
Wife is a nurse and had it back in September, remember her saying that she couldn't have another PCR when she had symptoms in November, (negative LFT), as it can show as a false positive PCR.

I'm sure they'll go through this when she goes for the PCR.

From what I can tell the advice seems to be that if you have any symptoms you should get PCR regardless of previous infection but her experience adds to the confusion.
Not sure I will get advice at the drive through as they are not medics. The government booking site did ask about infections in the previous 90 days and booked us an appt. so we will just have to see what it reveals I suppose.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:41 - Jan 23 with 1626 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:32 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

It'll be impossible to determine whether it's the previous infection or a new one. It seems unlikely she'd have Covid again so soon after having it though. I know omicron is more likely to cause reinfection than previous variants but after just a month you'd expect her to still have plenty of antibodies to fight it off.

Unless the first one was Delta maybe. She had 1 jab in August but no second yet due to the previous infection. Poor thing is going through school in a continuously anxious state!
I think as there is no temperature I would be inclined to try and convince her it's a cold but she seems pretty determined to test despite this 90 day thing.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:57 - Jan 23 with 1605 viewsjas0999

We are still deep in winter. Bugs, viruses, colds and flu remain rife. She’ll likely test positive as a result of previous covid infection. This could be anyone of a number of things going around.
Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:59 - Jan 23 with 1599 viewsHerbivore

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:41 - Jan 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Unless the first one was Delta maybe. She had 1 jab in August but no second yet due to the previous infection. Poor thing is going through school in a continuously anxious state!
I think as there is no temperature I would be inclined to try and convince her it's a cold but she seems pretty determined to test despite this 90 day thing.

Thing is, she'll almost certainly test positive but that won't tell her that she currently has Covid. Did you say she's done lateral flows? Although PCRs are generally more reliable in a situation like this a lateral flow might be a better indicator of whether she currently has Covid.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 1512 viewsPinewoodblue

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:41 - Jan 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

There really is no point in having a PCR test unless she has shown positive with an LFT. It is almost certain a PCR will show positive.

Symptoms can persist, or even show up later. Wife didn’t lose her sense of smell until long after she was no longer infectious. It took a few more weeks to return.

You are able to have a further jab 28 days after you test positive. She will be eligible for her second jab now if her first PCR test was more than 28 days ago. A second positive PCR will delay her second jab by another 28 days.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 10:59 - Jan 23 with 1505 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:59 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Thing is, she'll almost certainly test positive but that won't tell her that she currently has Covid. Did you say she's done lateral flows? Although PCRs are generally more reliable in a situation like this a lateral flow might be a better indicator of whether she currently has Covid.

I agree. Lateral flows have all been negative, as they were when she definitely had it. Fully expect a positive result today and to be none the wiser. Her boyfriend definitely has it though and they are at school together.

Login to get fewer ads

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:04 - Jan 23 with 1488 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 10:56 - Jan 23 by Pinewoodblue

There really is no point in having a PCR test unless she has shown positive with an LFT. It is almost certain a PCR will show positive.

Symptoms can persist, or even show up later. Wife didn’t lose her sense of smell until long after she was no longer infectious. It took a few more weeks to return.

You are able to have a further jab 28 days after you test positive. She will be eligible for her second jab now if her first PCR test was more than 28 days ago. A second positive PCR will delay her second jab by another 28 days.

Is it defo 28 days later that you can be vaccinated? Thought that was 90 too.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:13 - Jan 23 with 1471 viewsPinewoodblue

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:04 - Jan 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is it defo 28 days later that you can be vaccinated? Thought that was 90 too.

Definitely 28 days, wife thought it was 90 . 90 days is the period you shouldn’t have another PCR.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/staff/covid-staff-faqs-vaccine.aspx#:~:tex

Scroll down to find the answer.

Q. Should people who have already had COVID-19 get vaccinated?

A. Yes, they should get vaccinated. There is no evidence of any safety concerns from vaccinating individuals with a past history of COVID-19 infection, or with detectable COVID-19 antibody so people who have had COVID-19 disease (whether confirmed or suspected) can still receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

You can have the vaccine 28 days after you had a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after your symptoms started, so you may need to wait.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 11:25]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:47 - Jan 23 with 1415 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:13 - Jan 23 by Pinewoodblue

Definitely 28 days, wife thought it was 90 . 90 days is the period you shouldn’t have another PCR.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/staff/covid-staff-faqs-vaccine.aspx#:~:tex

Scroll down to find the answer.

Q. Should people who have already had COVID-19 get vaccinated?

A. Yes, they should get vaccinated. There is no evidence of any safety concerns from vaccinating individuals with a past history of COVID-19 infection, or with detectable COVID-19 antibody so people who have had COVID-19 disease (whether confirmed or suspected) can still receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

You can have the vaccine 28 days after you had a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after your symptoms started, so you may need to wait.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 11:25]

Thanks for that. Anyway test done, she is very determined!

Twtd covid hive mind... on 12:14 - Jan 23 with 1379 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just back from the PCR test and having now just took her second lateral flow of the day we have a faint second line! Looks like it must have been delta before Christmas or maybe this is the birth of the slave variant.

Edit...ps She is one of the few, with myself, still wearing a mask at the football so good for us. However, in the van to and from the match, not so much!!

#pray4familysl@ve
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 12:24]

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:06 - Jan 24 with 1197 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I suppose unsurprisingly the PCR has also come back positive. She feels equally rough this time as a month ago. Hopefully it was delta then omicron and not 2 doses of omicron in the space of 5 weeks!

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:11 - Jan 24 with 1176 viewsHerbivore

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:06 - Jan 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

I suppose unsurprisingly the PCR has also come back positive. She feels equally rough this time as a month ago. Hopefully it was delta then omicron and not 2 doses of omicron in the space of 5 weeks!

It's just as likely, possibly more so, to be one of the hundreds of other viruses that circulate at this time of year. Either way, I hope she feels better soon.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 9:11]

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 1161 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:11 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

It's just as likely, possibly more so, to be one of the hundreds of other viruses that circulate at this time of year. Either way, I hope she feels better soon.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 9:11]

She had her first ever positive lateral flow yesterday (does them every day for school) so it is definitely corona.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:20 - Jan 24 with 1138 viewsDubtractor

I've got a question for the covid hive mind too.

Having just had covid, is there any real value to having the booster jab? I had the booster booked at the start of Jan, had to cancel due to having caught the poxy virus, and now wondering if there is much point in having the booster right now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Twtd covid hive mind... on 10:16 - Jan 24 with 1094 viewsStokieBlue

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:20 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I've got a question for the covid hive mind too.

Having just had covid, is there any real value to having the booster jab? I had the booster booked at the start of Jan, had to cancel due to having caught the poxy virus, and now wondering if there is much point in having the booster right now.

Have the booster.

Having the virus and having the vaccine can produce different levels of immune-response and thus a different amount of antibodies and the vaccine is more consistent so the level of antibodies produced is more reliable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:22 - Jan 24 with 1044 viewsHerbivore

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:15 - Jan 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

She had her first ever positive lateral flow yesterday (does them every day for school) so it is definitely corona.

She is very unlucky. Best wishes to BDS Jnr.

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:26 - Jan 24 with 1025 viewsElderGrizzly

Twtd covid hive mind... on 09:32 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Plenty of examples of reinfection from previous Delta infections and very soon after.

My sister in law was one, who had Delta in November and got Omicron version at Christmas.

Previous infection is very limited help vs Omicron apparently
Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:29 - Jan 24 with 1011 viewsElderGrizzly

Twtd covid hive mind... on 10:16 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

Have the booster.

Having the virus and having the vaccine can produce different levels of immune-response and thus a different amount of antibodies and the vaccine is more consistent so the level of antibodies produced is more reliable.

SB

And rightly or wrongly, if you want to travel abroad you are likely to need 3 doses to be classified as vaccinated to enter most countries around the world.

Get the booster, as long as it is 28 days after the positive test
Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:34 - Jan 24 with 1002 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Twtd covid hive mind... on 11:22 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

She is very unlucky. Best wishes to BDS Jnr.

She really is, especially as she was vaccinated at the end of August and is very careful.... but school!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024