Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New LWB? 13:09 - Jan 23 with 2305 viewsfranz_tyson

Did KVY do enough to mean we don’t need to sign a new LWB?

Not sure about that, but he did fine yesterday. We’ve been linked with the 18 year old from Man U. If we did bring him in, he’d be expected to hit the ground running in men’s football. Tough ask. Could be that we would add to the list of LWB’s who aren’t quite able to nail this spot down.

I’d rather we go for a player that’s got enough experience to hold down that position or else - let’s not bother. Might as well let KVY, Penney and Coulsen fight it out rather than bring in an unknown quantity.
New LWB? on 13:25 - Jan 23 with 2247 viewsDarth_Koont

I presume Coulson is still seen as the solution there. As it would have been very understandable to terminate the loan based on the first half of the season and his injury difficulties.

So, as long as they still rate him and are confident in his ability/fitness, I think Coulson with Penney as competition and KVY and Clements as back up may be the way to go.

Pronouns: He/Him

New LWB? on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 2167 viewsElderGrizzly

New LWB? on 13:25 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

I presume Coulson is still seen as the solution there. As it would have been very understandable to terminate the loan based on the first half of the season and his injury difficulties.

So, as long as they still rate him and are confident in his ability/fitness, I think Coulson with Penney as competition and KVY and Clements as back up may be the way to go.

They’re linking us with a LWB from Man Utd on loan
New LWB? on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 2091 viewsDarth_Koont

New LWB? on 13:44 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

They’re linking us with a LWB from Man Utd on loan

That’s fair enough. LB/LWB has been our Achilles heel all season for a variety of reasons.

But where does Coulson still fit in?

New LWB? on 14:06 - Jan 23 with 2060 viewsAlanG296

New LWB? on 14:02 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

That’s fair enough. LB/LWB has been our Achilles heel all season for a variety of reasons.

Thought KVY did OK yesterday but we need a left footer in that position.
New LWB? on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 2038 viewsmonty_radio

New LWB? on 14:02 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

Not sure the body of the rest of our team could rightly have been termed Achilles, though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

New LWB? on 14:59 - Jan 23 with 1922 viewsDarth_Koont

New LWB? on 14:15 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

Not sure the body of the rest of our team could rightly have been termed Achilles, though.

Sure but it’s all relative.

The right flank has been impressive almost all season, certainly after Bolton. And our strikers, midfield and defence have been overall positive.

The left side has almost consistently been the weakest part of the team. Not down to one player either, we just don’t seem to have the balance right there. It has been better at least defensively now with 3 CBs and Edmundson generally playing well.

But if we want to kick on in the remaining games then we could really do with getting that side and its partnerships working a lot better.

New LWB? on 15:09 - Jan 23 with 1881 viewssolemio

When I saw the heading of this thread I thought it said LBW. I wondered what law change might be coming in.
New LWB? on 15:10 - Jan 23 with 1880 viewsNthQldITFC

New LWB? on 14:15 - Jan 23 by monty_radio

He plays for Ajax, n'est ce pas?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

New LWB? on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 1763 viewsSawtrich

I thought KVY had his best game since his return from injury, which was great to see. It can be a long, hard road back from long term injury and sadly we've seen with Sears, Huws, Judge and others that often the player never reaches the same heights again. Whether he did enough to show that he's back to his best is difficult to call. Similar with Coulsen, he's been injured more than fit since he has been here. Can we rely on him? As we seem keen to keep him is it seen as a loan with a view to a permanent signing?
Sods law dictates that we'll either have them both fit and firing and in competition for one place or they'll both be injured.
We have Penney as well so do we need to bring someone in? I suppose it depends on who the someone is. If it's quality then why not? We'll surely be getting rid of a few to trim the squad down.
New LWB? on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 1749 viewsitfcsuth

A LWB is very much still needed. Coulson loan should have been terminated earlier in the window.

I’m not convinced that the young LB Fernandez from Man Utd will be the answer in L1 for us.
New LWB? on 17:45 - Jan 23 with 1690 viewsTomTheWriter

Nicky Cadden from Forest Green, please Kieran. Please.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

New LWB? on 18:33 - Jan 23 with 1613 viewsjayessess

New LWB? on 14:06 - Jan 23 by AlanG296

Thought KVY did OK yesterday but we need a left footer in that position.

People often say this, but there's been some excellent wrong footed full backs down the years and probably the best full back in the Premier League right now - Joao Cancelo - is a right footer playing left back.

I don't think it's a necessity. Right footers can create other angles to cross and shoot, they can take their man inside and create space for the forwards that way. KVY's also right footed, but he's scored with his left for us and it's not beyond him to stand up a cross if needs be.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

New LWB? on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 1584 viewsDavoIPB

KVY definitely did enough going forward but not defensively. Edmunson bailed him out everytime.
New LWB? on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 1532 viewsAlanG296

New LWB? on 18:33 - Jan 23 by jayessess

People often say this, but there's been some excellent wrong footed full backs down the years and probably the best full back in the Premier League right now - Joao Cancelo - is a right footer playing left back.

I don't think it's a necessity. Right footers can create other angles to cross and shoot, they can take their man inside and create space for the forwards that way. KVY's also right footed, but he's scored with his left for us and it's not beyond him to stand up a cross if needs be.

KVY did cut inside a bit, one move and pass to Burns second half was good, but there's a world of difference between the weaker foot of a top Premier league player and that of a third division player. A left footer who can use his right a bit at LWB gives more balance to the side attacking and defending.
New LWB? on 19:18 - Jan 23 with 1508 viewsjayessess

New LWB? on 19:05 - Jan 23 by AlanG296

KVY did cut inside a bit, one move and pass to Burns second half was good, but there's a world of difference between the weaker foot of a top Premier league player and that of a third division player. A left footer who can use his right a bit at LWB gives more balance to the side attacking and defending.

It's all relative though, isn't it? Cancelo plays against better opponents! The principle is the same.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

New LWB? on 19:24 - Jan 23 with 1477 viewspointofblue

KVY will be required at right wing back before long - I can't see Burns playing much longer without picking up an injury!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New LWB? on 19:50 - Jan 23 with 1426 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

He didn't do enough for me yesterday, he looked very much like a right footer on the left wing, which meant he always wanted to cut in early instead of taking it out deep to the bye line. That made it too predictable. I know some of the commentators thought he had a great game, but for me he was one of our poorer performers yesterday. I guess we all see the game differently.

Poll: would you rather

New LWB? on 20:10 - Jan 23 with 1394 viewsCoastalblue

New LWB? on 15:09 - Jan 23 by solemio

When I saw the heading of this thread I thought it said LBW. I wondered what law change might be coming in.

I read it as Long Wheel Base, clearly in work mode.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024