Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? 19:35 - Jan 23 with 2945 viewsbugblatter

Did anyone else notice (or think) that the free kick that Morsy took quickly to lead to the goal was actually kicked by the Accrington Stanley defender who was trying (and succeeding) in kicking the ball away? Happy neither of the officials saw it that way!

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:42 - Jan 23 with 2827 viewspointofblue

I thought so at the time but serves them right for trying to delay the taking of the free kick.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:45 - Jan 23 with 2792 viewsBramidan

The ref seemed to wave play on, I’m not sure if the advantage rule applies in those circumstances but do you know? I don’t care!
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:49 - Jan 23 with 2742 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:45 - Jan 23 by Bramidan

The ref seemed to wave play on, I’m not sure if the advantage rule applies in those circumstances but do you know? I don’t care!

Well, he could have brought it back and booked the Accy player, so waving play on would seem to be alright.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:50 - Jan 23 with 2728 viewsChurchman

Nope. Just rewards for AS trying to disrupt the free kick. The defender should have been booked.
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:50 - Jan 23 with 2734 viewslongtimefan

No reason advantage can’t in played in this case. If the ref was really on his game he would have followed up after the goal is scored with a caution for the player attempting to stop the kick being taken.
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:51 - Jan 23 with 2733 viewsDubtractor

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:50 - Jan 23 by Churchman

Nope. Just rewards for AS trying to disrupt the free kick. The defender should have been booked.

It was quite amusing watching their players want to complain about it, but realising that they didn't have a leg to stand on.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:55 - Jan 23 with 2669 viewsjeera

Like you say play on from the ref, although if nothing had come of it I'd have been a bit miffed as their man clearly directly interfered with the free kick.

Thought it was decent by Donacien and Chaplin though to create that space in closed quarters like that.

Been working on that stuff maybe.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 20:01 - Jan 23 with 2614 viewsFattyBoomBoom

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:50 - Jan 23 by longtimefan

No reason advantage can’t in played in this case. If the ref was really on his game he would have followed up after the goal is scored with a caution for the player attempting to stop the kick being taken.

If the ball had been played by an opposition player then advantage cannot be played. Our free kick can't be taken by them!

However, I think the touch by both players was simultaneous so it's fair game and nothing less than that cheating bunch of thugs deserved.
Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 2386 viewsRonFearonsHair

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:51 - Jan 23 by Dubtractor

It was quite amusing watching their players want to complain about it, but realising that they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Every time they got tackled it was like they didn't have a leg to stand on.
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 2141 viewsxrayspecs

They were cheating all through the game. Going down very easily (lots of teams do this tbf), feigning injury, working the ref to get decisions, players booked, sent off etc.

Anti-football.

Saw the 5 mins thing earlier, and Donacien indicated early ball. Well played.

If the AS player passed the ball, then even funnier than it was at the time.
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 21:50 - Jan 23 with 2132 viewsEwan_Oozami

Didn't see any Accrington players complaining about it...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 21:52 - Jan 23 with 2120 viewsEwan_Oozami

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 19:51 - Jan 23 by Dubtractor

Yep, it was like they didn't really know what to actually complain about so they just didn't bother in the end..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 21:58 - Jan 23 with 2081 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he did, wouldn't they have made a big deal about it?

And, if he did, good that their cheating cost them the game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 22:35 - Jan 23 with 1933 viewsChorleyBoy

My first instinct was that the AS player kicked the ball, but I think it's fairly clear having seen it several times that Morsy took it. The AS player's foot seemed to jab down (in order to stop the ball) rather than push it forwards.

Such a great feeling being happy about ITFC again.

COYB
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 08:51 - Jan 24 with 1523 viewsGeminiblue

From the reverse angle (think it might be Town in 5 clip) looks like Morsy kicked the ball, rather than the AS player.
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 1420 viewsWickets

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 22:35 - Jan 23 by ChorleyBoy

My first instinct was that the AS player kicked the ball, but I think it's fairly clear having seen it several times that Morsy took it. The AS player's foot seemed to jab down (in order to stop the ball) rather than push it forwards.

Such a great feeling being happy about ITFC again.

COYB

I agree Ref got it spot on ! Morsy took it just .
Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 11:43 - Jan 24 with 1164 viewsRadlett_blue

Rare bit of common sense from the ref, presumably realising that a free kick is supposed to benefit the ream that is given it. I can see many jobsworth refs disallowing the goal & booking the Accrington player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chaplin goal "should" have been disallowed? on 15:53 - Jan 24 with 954 viewsbluejacko

Can only happen on here !
Goal should have been disallowed!
Mossy did he punch or not!
Are people really that desperate for anything negative?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024