Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buccs vs Rams 23:10 - Jan 23 with 1806 viewsJ2BLUE

What a game. Live sport is crazy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Buccs vs Rams on 23:12 - Jan 23 with 1789 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Insane

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Buccs vs Rams on 23:19 - Jan 23 with 1763 viewsJ2BLUE

Buccs vs Rams on 23:12 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Insane

That fourth down call! Balls of steel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Buccs vs Rams on 23:25 - Jan 23 with 1743 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Wow, what a finish!
Buccs vs Rams on 00:03 - Jan 24 with 1698 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For what it’s worth, I’m on the Chiefs/Bills game heavy here on the overs. Clear weather at Arrowhead and both QBs top 5… the over 54 just lands doesn’t it.

Buccs vs Rams on 00:47 - Jan 24 with 1662 viewsIllinoisblue

Insane weekend so far

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Buccs vs Rams on 02:35 - Jan 24 with 1609 viewsIllinoisblue

Chiefs v Bills might just be the maddest of them all. What a finish

62 - 78 - 81

Buccs vs Rams on 02:42 - Jan 24 with 1594 viewsN2_Blue

Buccs vs Rams on 02:35 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Mental! And i'm not even an NFL fan

Allen been immense

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Buccs vs Rams on 02:48 - Jan 24 with 1590 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You posted that when there were still 2 TDs and a FG to go in regular time!

Incredible!

Here we go...

It's Overtime!
Login to get fewer ads

Buccs vs Rams on 02:49 - Jan 24 with 1587 viewsIllinoisblue

Buccs vs Rams on 02:48 - Jan 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

You posted that when there were still 2 TDs and a FG to go in regular time!

Incredible!

Here we go...

It's Overtime!

Ha! Quite incredible. Feel bad for UK fans having to stay up until 3am in the morning!

62 - 78 - 81

Buccs vs Rams on 02:50 - Jan 24 with 1587 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I had 11/1 on 68+ points and 300+ yards for both quarter backs. With 1:36 remaining I was 20 points short and 70 yards each. Going into overtime, my bet has won! Insane.

My final official bet before switching over to the other side tomorrow for my first shift in arguably my dream job. What a match, and what a finish.

Overtime and then bed

Buccs vs Rams on 03:32 - Jan 24 with 1549 viewsParsley

Buccs vs Rams on 02:50 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I had 11/1 on 68+ points and 300+ yards for both quarter backs. With 1:36 remaining I was 20 points short and 70 yards each. Going into overtime, my bet has won! Insane.

My final official bet before switching over to the other side tomorrow for my first shift in arguably my dream job. What a match, and what a finish.

Overtime and then bed

Overtime rule feels harsh as the other team doesn't get a chance to reply. What a weekend of tense entertainment! (bucs fan)
Buccs vs Rams on 04:29 - Jan 24 with 1509 viewspowinswitch

My mate’s son is the Director of Sports Science for the Buccs. What a place to work every day.
Buccs vs Rams on 05:31 - Jan 24 with 1467 viewswkj

both games were real showcases this weekend

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Buccs vs Rams on 07:08 - Jan 24 with 1420 viewsChrisd

All the Divisional Round games have been such tight encounters and terrific match ups. A great watch for all NFL fans. Let’s hope for more of the same next weekend in the Conference games.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Buccs vs Rams on 07:46 - Jan 24 with 1394 viewsVaughan8

Buccs vs Rams on 07:08 - Jan 24 by Chrisd

All the Divisional Round games have been such tight encounters and terrific match ups. A great watch for all NFL fans. Let’s hope for more of the same next weekend in the Conference games.

I don't usually watch the NFL but my dad does and thought I'd watch the first game as I had nothing better to do. Ended up staying up for the second one.

Then saw bits of the games yesterday.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it despite not knowing all the technical rules etc.
Buccs vs Rams on 07:49 - Jan 24 with 1386 viewsHerbivore

I believe the correct term is sports entertainment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Buccs vs Rams on 08:03 - Jan 24 with 1363 viewsVaughan8

One thing I would like to know is then they kick it after a score, they all just punt it as far as they can and it starts on 25 yard line?

When wouldn't they do that?
Buccs vs Rams on 08:05 - Jan 24 with 1353 viewswkj

Buccs vs Rams on 08:03 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

One thing I would like to know is then they kick it after a score, they all just punt it as far as they can and it starts on 25 yard line?

Because if you kick a precision hit and force them into a fair catch (or ground them) you can potentially start the drive as far back as the 1-yard line. If you succeed in that, then sack the offensive team in the endzone, you get a touchback (2 points) and a turnover in possession.

A well-worked punt has the potential to yield 9 points for the punting team if all of the above happens.

Correction: A touchback is a turnover in play, so the kicking team is potentially winning possession straight back. A safety is when you score 2 points, and that is essential requires more detailed explanation.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 8:17]

Crybaby

Buccs vs Rams on 08:07 - Jan 24 with 1336 viewsVaughan8

Buccs vs Rams on 08:05 - Jan 24 by wkj

Because if you kick a precision hit and force them into a fair catch (or ground them) you can potentially start the drive as far back as the 1-yard line. If you succeed in that, then sack the offensive team in the endzone, you get a touchback (2 points) and a turnover in possession.

A well-worked punt has the potential to yield 9 points for the punting team if all of the above happens.

Correction: A touchback is a turnover in play, so the kicking team is potentially winning possession straight back. A safety is when you score 2 points, and that is essential requires more detailed explanation.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 8:17]

Ah I see. So they weren't trying to kick it in the touchdown zone?

Got it haha
Buccs vs Rams on 08:10 - Jan 24 with 1322 viewswkj

Buccs vs Rams on 08:07 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

Got it haha

(they dont like embedding)

<- scoring touchbacks
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 8:12]

Crybaby

Buccs vs Rams on 08:49 - Jan 24 with 1265 viewsChurchman

Buccs vs Rams on 07:46 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

I don't usually watch the NFL but my dad does and thought I'd watch the first game as I had nothing better to do. Ended up staying up for the second one.

Then saw bits of the games yesterday.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it despite not knowing all the technical rules etc.

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s one of those that when you see more of it the more you will understand it and enjoy it. The only thing I can vaguely liken it to is chess with people meets a war game.

Sadly, I missed yesterdays games and will have to pick them up on Sky and the BBC highlights shows with Osie and Jason Bell and the NFL Show with them and Dan Walker. The shows in their own right are excellent.

The KCC QB Patrick Mahomes is the most exciting player I’ve seen in all my years watching it and there are others up there. It’s an exciting period for NFL. As for the games, I thought the Bills might edge it, Green Bay would have too much for SF, legend Tom Brady and the Buccaneers would see off LA and Tennessee would murder the Bengals. Thank god I don’t gamble!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 8:52]
Buccs vs Rams on 09:07 - Jan 24 with 1231 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Buccs vs Rams on 02:49 - Jan 24 by Illinoisblue

Ha! Quite incredible. Feel bad for UK fans having to stay up until 3am in the morning!

Nearer to 3:30 actually, 6:45 wakeup and was only planning to watch ‘a bit’

Worth it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Buccs vs Rams on 09:13 - Jan 24 with 1217 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Buccs vs Rams on 08:07 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

Got it haha

Depends on team preference and how good their kicker is. Some will just kick it for a touchback as they don’t want to risk a return, others try and land it around the 1 to force the other team to return and then try and tackle them before they get to the 25 meaning they have to start their drive further back

Latter is a relatively new approach as the NFL moved the kickoff spot forwards a few years back to try and phase returns from the game and for a while kickers were pretty much exclusively just kicking touchbacks. I think it’s changed as kickers have now got better at doing the more tactical kickoff in a manner which limits the possibility of a return (eg. landing it close to the goal line but with a lot of hang time etc to allow the rest of the team to get downfield)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Buccs vs Rams on 09:21 - Jan 24 with 1188 viewsElephantintheRoom

Buccs vs Rams on 08:03 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

It was a particularly daft call in that situation because if they’d kicked it shorter the game wouldn’t have stopped - but I guess they thought they couldn’t lose

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Buccs vs Rams on 09:23 - Jan 24 with 1180 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting that one of the key reasons that these games have been so good is no relegation - combined with the draft system.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024