Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is the US… 09:20 - Jan 24 with 3513 viewschicoazul

….agitating for war with Russia? Russia is a basket case country run by a despot with an economy smaller than Italy. Why is Ukraine suddenly very strategically important? This all seems very odd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is the US… on 09:28 - Jan 24 with 2317 viewsWeWereZombies

Russia is not a basket case country. It is either the, actually group of republics / oblasts / call them what you will that make a, nation state with the most nuclear weapons or the second most nuclear weapons on this planet. Also the nation state that seems most likely to use them, or their 'lite' versions that just contain depleted uranium.

And if any economy can be classed as a beneficiary of climate change then it is Russia. Land that was unproductive in the past may be getting enough warmth and seasonal rain to grow grain and the Northern Sea Route that is opening up as the Arctic ice melts is shorter and therefore more energy efficient for shipping Chinese and other Far Eastern goods to the West than going though the Suez and Panama canals.

Oh, and natural gas reserves...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Why is the US… on 09:39 - Jan 24 with 2263 viewsGuthrum

Because the Baltic States. Possibly eastern Poland. Maybe Finland, even. Where would you like Putin to stop? The borders of the USSR, or the preceding Russian Empire?

They'll tolerate him using influence and trying to destabilise, but not an all-out invasion. That has bad precedent.

That having been said, I'd still be surprised to see Russia invade. Would be a daft decision on Putin's part, given the inevitable backlash and strengthening of measures in other places he wishes to influence. Also a very blunt instrument for someone with his background and training.

If you're looking in pure military-strategic terms, it gives absolute dominance of the Black Sea, opening up the northern flank of the Middle East. It flanks Poland to the north and opens up a route (which was taken in 1943-44) into central Europe. Or south west into the Balkans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is the US… on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 2236 viewsnodge_blue

The US is trying to avoid a conflict - not encourage one!

No one wants a war that could destabilise Eastern Europe.

Ukraine isn't especially strategically important - but defending the idea that a country cant just be invaded and taken over is.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Why is the US… on 09:44 - Jan 24 with 2213 viewsStokieBlue

I'd say it's much odder to attempt to blame the US for the situation.

It's always been important, it's the gateway to the rest of Eastern Europe and the countries there are all worried about Russia having troops on their borders, why should they stop there?

There is also the fact that the US and NATO agreed to protect the Ukraine if they gave up their nuclear weapons which they did and are now being pretty much thrown under the bus but the West.

Whilst the Russian economy is smaller than many, they control vast resources and have a incredibly capable military so they unfortunately have to be listened to.

I'll not sure how anyone could really see this as anything other than Russia's fault. The implication of your post, intentional or not, is that we shouldn't care and just let Russia invade whomever they like which isn't great in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why is the US… on 09:45 - Jan 24 with 2192 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Putin's amassing his troops on the Ukraine border and you say it's the US who are agitating for war?! Hot take tastic.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why is the US… on 10:01 - Jan 24 with 2140 viewsPinewoodblue

Why is the US… on 09:45 - Jan 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Putin's amassing his troops on the Ukraine border and you say it's the US who are agitating for war?! Hot take tastic.

I suspect he feels that everyone should standby and say/ do nothing and just let Russia invade.

What next though, Russia invade Baltic States, or China invade Taiwan, or even push south into India?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why is the US… on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 2086 viewsgiant_stow

At least put your back into it cheeky Chico.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is the US… on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 2048 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is the US… on 10:01 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

I suspect he feels that everyone should standby and say/ do nothing and just let Russia invade.

What next though, Russia invade Baltic States, or China invade Taiwan, or even push south into India?

Either that or he believes Putin and Russia are just moving troops around for a laugh.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is the US… on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 2058 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is the US… on 10:13 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

At least put your back into it cheeky Chico.

If Chico gets up from this count it will be on par with Tyson Fury after being knocked down by Deontay Wilder.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Why is the US… on 10:20 - Jan 24 with 2041 viewsgiant_stow

Why is the US… on 10:18 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

If Chico gets up from this count it will be on par with Tyson Fury after being knocked down by Deontay Wilder.

It wasn't up to his normal standards for sure. Needed more thought and craft. At least blame Nato for expanding too far east or something.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is the US… on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 2034 viewsCrockerITFC

This is very much the narrative pedalled by Russia Today
Why is the US… on 10:45 - Jan 24 with 1979 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Chico has been reading Peter Hitchens again.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Why is the US… on 10:52 - Jan 24 with 1944 viewschicoazul

Why is the US… on 10:20 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

It wasn't up to his normal standards for sure. Needed more thought and craft. At least blame Nato for expanding too far east or something.

Here is my answer to this and other posters; why do we have NATO? The USSR is long gone. This is Yanqui sabre rattling, which I know TWTD loves in general.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Why is the US… on 10:58 - Jan 24 with 1912 viewsStokieBlue

Why is the US… on 10:52 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Here is my answer to this and other posters; why do we have NATO? The USSR is long gone. This is Yanqui sabre rattling, which I know TWTD loves in general.

All you do now is post CM style hot-takes, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of it. I'm sure if you lived in the Ukraine you might not consider it a subject to be trolling about.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:15]

Why is the US… on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 1854 viewsGlasgowBlue

That is also the take of Stop The War.

Th really are an odd bunch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why is the US… on 11:10 - Jan 24 with 1846 viewsgiant_stow

Why is the US… on 10:52 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

How are the yanks sabre rattling though? To me, it looks like they (and to a greater degree, Germany) are doing everything they can to avoid a war. For instance, they've already said no Nato troops will be deployed in any conflict.

The Germans don't even want proper sanctions in the event of war, perhaps understandably, as they've got themselves utterly reliant on Russian gas, but all the same, more green lights to Russia.

To answer your question, because Russia still lusts after various eastern European countries, has massive armed forces and regularly threatens or attacks neighbours. Plus I spose, shared defense costs less than each individual country getting their own strong army.

Can I ask why Nato members should dissolve it, as you seem to suggest?

Why is the US… on 12:06 - Jan 24 with 1754 viewschicoazul

Why is the US… on 10:58 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

All you do now is post CM style hot-takes, I'm not really sure what you're getting out of it. I'm sure if you lived in the Ukraine you might not consider it a subject to be trolling about.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:15]

Yet again you accuse someone whose arguments you find opaque of trolling. Not everything needs to be made black and white for you.

Why is the US… on 12:15 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsXYZ

Why is the US… on 12:06 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Yet again you accuse someone whose arguments you find opaque of trolling. Not everything needs to be made black and white for you.

Where's your "argument"?

You've posted three snappy one-liners in this thread.
Why is the US… on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 1708 viewsStokieBlue

Why is the US… on 12:06 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Not just me though is it?

Not a single person on this thread agrees with your hot-take that this is the US fault.

I guess it's not surprising that someone who likes to quote terrorists in their signature and isn't that concerned about lying to parliament might not find fault with the actions of a state like Russia and instead look to blame other parties.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 12:19]

Why is the US… on 12:22 - Jan 24 with 1669 viewsfooters

Why is the US… on 12:15 - Jan 24 by XYZ

Where's your "argument"?

You've posted three snappy one-liners in this thread.

I'm still lolling about questioning the strategic importance of Ukraine.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

[Redacted] on 12:39 - Jan 24 with 1592 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Why is the US… on 12:43 - Jan 24 with 1568 viewslowhouseblue

i miss cil. she would have done this much better. there would have been links to youtube videos, and stuff about false flags and evidence that the russian troops don't really exist. you are a pale imitation.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Why is the US… on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 1484 viewschicoazul

Why is the US… on 12:17 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

Not just me though is it?

Not a single person on this thread agrees with your hot-take that this is the US fault.

I guess it's not surprising that someone who likes to quote terrorists in their signature and isn't that concerned about lying to parliament might not find fault with the actions of a state like Russia and instead look to blame other parties.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 12:19]

Nobody has to agree with me SB. I know you struggle with argument and immediately accuse people whose arguments you are confused by of trolling. I think the Yanks are agitating for a fight with Russia and I don’t know why they are as Russia is basically a corrupt tinpot banana republic who haven’t actually invaded anyone anyway. Well, not for about 70 years anyway.
I see you’re still crying about my signature after all these weeks. I wish you could simply accept some people think differently from you. Covid has driven you in particular to some very odd conclusions about posters.

[Redacted] on 13:21 - Jan 24 with 1433 viewsvictorywilhappen

Why is the US… on 13:08 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Nobody has to agree with me SB. I know you struggle with argument and immediately accuse people whose arguments you are confused by of trolling. I think the Yanks are agitating for a fight with Russia and I don’t know why they are as Russia is basically a corrupt tinpot banana republic who haven’t actually invaded anyone anyway. Well, not for about 70 years anyway.
I see you’re still crying about my signature after all these weeks. I wish you could simply accept some people think differently from you. Covid has driven you in particular to some very odd conclusions about posters.

[Redacted]
Why is the US… on 13:41 - Jan 24 with 1327 viewsStokieBlue

Why is the US… on 13:08 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

I'll stick with evidence based arguments thanks.

Russia literally invaded Crimea 2 years ago. They have also done the same to Northern areas of Georgia.

This is the problem, you try and come across as informed and intelligent when you get even the basics wrong. You then lash out at others for daring to think evidence is more important than your thoughts and feelings on a subject.

Sometimes opinions are simply wrong and not all arguments are equal. Something you've yet to learn and accept.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024