Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else on here like building lego? 11:21 - Jan 24 with 2428 viewsKeno

Finished making this over the weekend

It was my Christmas pressie from the kids

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:25 - Jan 24 with 1975 viewsWickets

One of my Grandsons has a Lego cup ! if that helps .
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:34 - Jan 24 with 1933 viewsghostofescobar

Nice. I used to like building my own stuff from the huge tub of Lego that my kids had. I found it hugely therapeutic endlessly sifting through the thousands of pieces in the tub looking for that tiny bit that I needed. Maybe I should try something like you've just done? I need a hobby.

GhostOfEscobar

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:35 - Jan 24 with 1927 viewsZx1988

I'm currently in the process of putting this together:

I've probably not played with Lego in the best part of 20 years and had forgotten just how enjoyable it is, even just the simple sound of the pieces as you root around in the box looking for the bit you need.

The only annoying bit is the stickers that need to be added to certain bricks, as they're quite fiddly and a nightmare to try and get perfect. I'd hoped that, for the sort of money that these kits cost, the relevant bricks would have had the designs printed on to them.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:37]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 1895 viewsmkbobby

My 20yr old son loves it he put together the the marvel thanos gauntlet at Xmas
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 1894 viewsMetal_Hacker

Her indoors bought me The Beatles Lego set over Christmas where you can change the face with it of all four or The Beatles

Consequently the Step Son with his Xmas money bought the equiv style of Lego set but the World Atlas - 11.5k pieces !!!

Yeah the lad is mad on Lego and has always been - his Mum's just mad

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 1891 viewsgtsb1966

My partner's son loves the Star Wars Lego. I was shocked when I saw the price of it though.
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:47 - Jan 24 with 1843 viewsSE1blue

Yes. Love Lego.

During lockdown have made Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, the pirate ship (this is the best thing we’ve made so far), R2D2, the typewriter and Mandalorian Razor Crest.

Would like to have a go at the grand piano or the globe next.

Yes, it’s an expensive hobby but also a great investment. Researchers have listed Lego as one of the best financial investments for the future.

I just do it for the fun of it and in lockdown (we’re still in one in Toronto) it’s been a life saver.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 11:59 - Jan 24 with 1801 viewsChurchman

That’s awesome! I loved Lego, but I’m so ancient all you got was bricks, little boards to attach them to and wheels with brick to pin them in to. Didn’t hold me back though. Lego is great.

A friend bought me a Revell 1/48 scale Fw190D-9. I haven’t made models for decades and I’m looking forward to giving it a go!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:03 - Jan 24 with 1772 viewsFtnfwest

what, the box?
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:11 - Jan 24 with 1745 viewsKeno

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:03 - Jan 24 by Ftnfwest

what, the box?

ha!!

I was really hard

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:13 - Jan 24 with 1740 viewsZx1988

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:11 - Jan 24 by Keno

ha!!

I was really hard

What may or may not turn you on, is probably best kept between you and Mrs Keno...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:15 - Jan 24 with 1726 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:11 - Jan 24 by Keno

ha!!

I was really hard

Oh errrrrr

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:23 - Jan 24 with 1693 viewsEJP

Yep - I got into it over lockdown.

I have the Ghostbusters car to build whenever I test positive (kit was my Christmas from my kids)
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:33 - Jan 24 with 1637 viewsblue62

Dam, how many of us are now Googling Lego kits.....

I am for sure.
Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:45 - Jan 24 with 1584 viewsIllinoisblue

How many pieces? I will say as a parent, when my son was in the 5 - 9 age range had some great times with Lego. Pretty much every birthday and Xmas was Lego Lego Lego. I was a fan of the Lego City range, he was more into the Star Wars sets.

Now have large plastic boxes in storage rammed full of Lego. Thousands and thousands of pieces. Should probably sort it and sell it.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 12:45]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 1572 viewsfooters

Never built anything with Lego as an adult but that set looks rather handsome! Must be a nice relaxing way to spend some time :)

Although if you're as clumsy and cack-handed as me, maybe not!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1539 viewsWeWereZombies

Been up in it yet?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 1533 viewsitfcjoe

I've got a lot, I but mainly from the Architecture range where I have all the sets in it, but did recently get the Lego beatles set someone else has mentioned on this thread - so last two builds are these:

My eldest son loves Lego, has only just turned 5 but has built this set over the last couple of weeks - all by his self bar a bit of help getting the stickers on which is very impressive - well over 1,000 pieces

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 1492 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:53 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

I've got a lot, I but mainly from the Architecture range where I have all the sets in it, but did recently get the Lego beatles set someone else has mentioned on this thread - so last two builds are these:

My eldest son loves Lego, has only just turned 5 but has built this set over the last couple of weeks - all by his self bar a bit of help getting the stickers on which is very impressive - well over 1,000 pieces

Yep got bought the very same Beatles one by Mrs H - very therapeutic

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 1484 viewsfooters

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:52 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

Been up in it yet?

If his kids really didn't like him they could have got him Challenger instead...

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:02 - Jan 24 with 1461 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 12:58 - Jan 24 by footers

If his kids really didn't like him they could have got him Challenger instead...

Harsh.

You could have said Apollo 13 just to teach him a lesson...

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:04 - Jan 24 with 1444 viewsfooters

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:02 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

Harsh.

You could have said Apollo 13 just to teach him a lesson...

Is there a little Tom Hanks Lego man included?

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 1440 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, got plenty of it. Sydney Opera House & Tower Bridge are the biggest sets I've had so far. Aiming for Taj Mahal one day, when I can finally justify how much it costs!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:16 - Jan 24 with 1403 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:04 - Jan 24 by footers

Is there a little Tom Hanks Lego man included?

Interchangeable with the 'Castaway' island movie set Lego and 'Big' Hanks on a bicycle too small for him Lego, innit...

Anyone else on here like building lego? on 13:29 - Jan 24 with 1351 viewsmonytowbray

Got this to do but awaiting my partner's family to come down as her little bro's at the Lego age (although as proven Lego age is a lifetime).

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/sonic-the-hedgehog-green-hill-zone-21331

Managed to get him into Sonic already so gotta keep that up :)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024