Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Def info received 12:50 - Jan 24 with 13206 viewshomer_123

Jackson AND Pigott are both heading out of Town. Jackson on a perm, Pigott out on loan view to perm move.

If true....and it's a big if....it's hardly surprising given the recall of Simpson but hey.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Def info received on 12:51 - Jan 24 with 6680 viewshype313

Makes sense given all the comings and goings over the past few days.

Kinda sad about Pigott, thought he would be a decent addition, but Bonne's early season form and his displays in the games he had has not really being able to push the strikers out has been his problem.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 6671 viewsfooters

Very strange time Pigott's had here. For someone many were excited about, and signed to be our No 9, it really has been some flop, hasn't it? Odd.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 6664 viewsKieran_Knows

No surprise. Suspect we'll be in for a striker as can't see Norwood, Bonne & Simpson holding the fort till the end of season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Def info received on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 6612 viewsTractorCam

Def info received on 12:51 - Jan 24 by hype313

Makes sense given all the comings and goings over the past few days.

Kinda sad about Pigott, thought he would be a decent addition, but Bonne's early season form and his displays in the games he had has not really being able to push the strikers out has been his problem.

Indeed, with all the additions and depth, each player must have known that when they get a chance they have to take it. Obviously Pigott didn't and Bonne was subbed in and did.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Def info received on 12:54 - Jan 24 with 6587 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the destination?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Def info received on 12:54 - Jan 24 with 6584 viewsReuser_is_God

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 by footers

Very strange time Pigott's had here. For someone many were excited about, and signed to be our No 9, it really has been some flop, hasn't it? Odd.

2 managers who have not really rated him, must’ve been an Ashton signing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If it's "Def info".... on 12:54 - Jan 24 with 6578 viewsBloots

....how can it be "a big if".

Which one is it?

Come on, sharpen up matey.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Def info received on 12:55 - Jan 24 with 6552 viewsMetal_Hacker

If true I can only see a replacement striker coming in which is why we're making the funds/wages available .It'd only leave Bonne,Norwood and Simpson as recognised No 9's

Freeing up a lot of money there with both Pigott and Jackson I'd have thought - if a replacement is on his way of course

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Def info received on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 6460 viewsfooters

Def info received on 12:54 - Jan 24 by Reuser_is_God

2 managers who have not really rated him, must’ve been an Ashton signing.

Ashton is the real manager. That's the big secret they're keeping under wraps.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Def info received on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 6459 viewsSenatorBlue

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

No surprise. Suspect we'll be in for a striker as can't see Norwood, Bonne & Simpson holding the fort till the end of season.

Batistuta?
Def info received on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 6420 viewsMetal_Hacker

Def info received on 12:57 - Jan 24 by SenatorBlue

Batistuta?

Nah it's Ronaldo and Phil Jones innit

Def info received on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 6401 viewsKieran_Knows

Def info received on 12:57 - Jan 24 by SenatorBlue

Batistuta?

Someone from Bristol City no doubt....

Def info received on 13:00 - Jan 24 with 6355 viewshomer_123

Def info received on 12:54 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

I've asked as not been told that info.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Def info received on 13:02 - Jan 24 with 6272 viewsMetal_Hacker

It'll be interesting where because we'd not want to "strengthen" anyone in or around us

Def info received on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 6115 viewshoppy

So will Sears move out wide, with Jackson alongside Nouble then, do you think?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Def info received on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 6055 viewsFixed_It

Def info received on 13:09 - Jan 24 by hoppy

So will Sears move out wide, with Jackson alongside Nouble then, do you think?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Def info received on 13:17 - Jan 24 with 5881 viewsFightingEssex

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

I think selecting Simpson over Piggot is bizarre, if we’re not planning to loan him out elsewhere to better his development or have him play Piggots role here that’s not going to benefit anyone. Piggot would be a bet choice at this level in a Playoff push than Simpson is. There’s no logic to it, I think it will do more harm to Simpson than good having him sat here watching Bonne, Norwood and Chaplin ahead of him.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Def info received on 13:20 - Jan 24 with 5807 viewsKieran_Knows

Def info received on 13:17 - Jan 24 by FightingEssex

I think selecting Simpson over Piggot is bizarre, if we’re not planning to loan him out elsewhere to better his development or have him play Piggots role here that’s not going to benefit anyone. Piggot would be a bet choice at this level in a Playoff push than Simpson is. There’s no logic to it, I think it will do more harm to Simpson than good having him sat here watching Bonne, Norwood and Chaplin ahead of him.

I suspect if the moves for Pigott and Jackson are close, they've got Simpson back till the end of the month to warm the bench and play if required.

If they go and we've got someone lined up, I suspect (as long as he hasn't made an appearance for us) Simpson will then head back out on loan - wouldn't surprise me if it was Swindon again.

Def info received on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 5639 viewsitfcjoe

Def info received on 13:17 - Jan 24 by FightingEssex

I don't disagree, but ultimately Pigott has a 3 year deal on lots of money - if he isn't the man for McKenna then you just have to take the opportunity to shift him if it arises as is going to be a hard deal for us to do otherwise as his stock falls.

If Pigott is on best part of £10k a week, and you can shift him to utilise that elsewhere, then you've got to do it

Def info received on 13:29 - Jan 24 with 5615 viewsclive_baker

Def info received on 13:20 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect if the moves for Pigott and Jackson are close, they've got Simpson back till the end of the month to warm the bench and play if required.

If they go and we've got someone lined up, I suspect (as long as he hasn't made an appearance for us) Simpson will then head back out on loan - wouldn't surprise me if it was Swindon again.

Although if Simpson plays for us I don't think he can go out on loan as he'll have played for 2 clubs this season.

I would imagine money plays a part, as Pigott and Jackson must be on £10k p/w + between them, and we'll be watching the FFP closely. Simpson is probably only on a few hundred. It clearly hasn't worked for Pigott, and Jackson's departure has felt like a when not if ever since he was inexplicably given the contract extension last summer.

With Norwood, Bonne now definitely staying for the season, and Chaplin as an option (who I've heard KM really likes the look of and is impressing in training), we've still got options. If Simpson is coming back to be 4th striker then that doesn't look too bad to me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Def info received on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 5549 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Shame about Piggott, got loads in Wimbledon team that wasn't top end last year, his chances here have been limited but when they have come it's been against opposition where you'd expect to score, though in fairness no one really turned up in those games

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Def info received on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 5536 viewsfranz_tyson

Based on the Accrington game, we played with one up top but with maybe Chaplin as the second deep striker.
If we continue with that - do we need another senior striker?

Would Pigott be one that could interest a Championship side? Half season loan with option to buy. Risk-free punt. He did interest championship clubs in the summer and a championship club could afford his wages.
Def info received on 13:31 - Jan 24 with 5530 viewslazyblue

Def info received on 12:52 - Jan 24 by footers

Not a flop on his part and had been given chance Bonne had I would guess he may have had more goals.
Def info received on 13:35 - Jan 24 with 5438 viewsitfcjoe

Def info received on 13:31 - Jan 24 by lazyblue

Not a flop on his part and had been given chance Bonne had I would guess he may have had more goals.

Bonne won the right to the number 9 shirt, Pigott started the season in the team

Def info received on 13:37 - Jan 24 with 5348 viewsSitfcB

I know Andy Holt quashed it the other week but maybe Accrington?

He said Jackson wasn’t available, so assumed they enquired, might’ve changed now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024